Author Topic: Litecoin Value a month before/after Halvening?  (Read 3659 times)

Offline nyeko_12

Litecoin Value a month before/after Halvening?
« on: March 10, 2015, 06:34:22 PM »
What do you think the value of Litecoin will be a month before/after Halvening?

Offline AmDD

• I like coins
Re: Litecoin Value a month before/after Halvening?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 06:39:28 PM »
As we saw with bitcoin, the value was already priced in weeks/months in advance so on the day the reward dropped the price did nothing.

I cant predict the value but I wouldnt expect anything crazy.

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 08:25:21 PM »
As we saw with bitcoin, the value was already priced in weeks/months in advance so on the day the reward dropped the price did nothing.

I cant predict the value but I wouldnt expect anything crazy.

The news of the block halving may be leveraged to push a pump/dump but I wouldn't count on it to go either way.

It will however put miners in an even worse situation than they are now which is pretty scary  :-\

Offline wiggl3r

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 09:28:51 PM »
If the coins/block halves but the price doubles it will be like nothing happened 8)

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 12:24:53 PM »

This is the million dollar question we're all waiting to find out.

Offline Torque

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 02:42:09 PM »

This is the million dollar question we're all waiting to find out.

Actually not my question.  My question is, when is LTC going to make it into the double digit values and STAY THERE as a support bottom.  My guess is that we are still two more years away.

Offline Dr_Mobius

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 01:31:06 AM »
My gut feeling tells me it may dip into the $.30-.40 bracket before it skyrockets. Basing my gut from past events. Or may stabilize to lower single dollar digits before jumping to anywhere between $10-15. I hope I'm wrong and the trajectory is greater than that  ::)

Offline Aquirox

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 12:50:55 AM »
LTC lost many valor because we are on the first step in halving ( inflation near 50% 2013 - 2015) (october 2013 23 000 000LTC => april 2015 38 000 000 LTC
after this halving new step start because 50% of all litecoin is made and the selling pressure will be reduced by 50%.

in same step bitcoin made 2$ => 32$ and back 2$ 6-8 month before the first halving for finaly go moon.

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 07:42:31 AM »
The btc fallback to 2$ was duo the gox hack i think.

Anyway i agree, nothing much will happen on the halving itself.

Offline cyclotronmajesty

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 01:06:42 AM »
The price hasn't gone up in any sign anticipating the halving yet and now we are three days away. Litecoin speculators seem to have only one barometric: bitcoin.

Offline artilectinc

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Elite Member
  • Troll Paladin
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2015, 01:24:44 AM »
The price hasn't gone up in any sign anticipating the halving yet and now we are three days away. Litecoin speculators seem to have only one barometric: bitcoin.

time and markets are relative.  that is why hindsight is so accurate and everyone is such a great trader.

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2015, 05:11:54 AM »
I may have to modify my ideas in that the dow just crashed more today :)

I suspect with BTC FUD on forking and the china problems and the stock crashing.....that instead of sitting around 4 bucks after halving that I suspected if things
were more normal in the world so to speak

it HOPEFULLY will only dump to around 3 bucks and go from around 0.015 ltc to btc down to 0.010 ltc to btc kinda traditional linkage

again I KNOW ZIP the current 'whim' of my view on LTC price etc AT THIS SECOND IN TIME it may change within the minute as my confused mind
considers to ponder this interweaving 'mess' of info

I did sell 800 LTC to 12.19 BTC however as a hedge (still have 2700 LTC) so hopefully me getting out of LTC will mean the price will pump...it is how such
things work in my life..you can all post your thanks later if that happens (your welcome) it has been a FML kinda week of crytop confusion don't ya know :)

Offline artilectinc

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Elite Member
  • Troll Paladin
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2015, 05:34:27 AM »
China is revaluing the Yuan.  They have seen a slowdown in their internal economy but something is not being disclosed that they would panic and make such a massive adjustment.

The USD is rallying against all other fiat coins and is about to breakout.  Because of the currency volatility there is a lot of money being lost in the process.  All I can say is that there is capital preservation going on and people are selling financial instruments to have capital in reserve.

Wait till the margin calls start happening.  When was the last crash 2007-2008?  This sell off should have happened in 2011-2012 but pumping more liquidity into the system has put off the recession.  But now government bond yield curves have been falling across the world.  So we should be deep into a global recession in 2016.

Offline blackbird307

• Bitcoin/PPC/Litecoin/Vericoin speculator
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2015, 02:26:06 PM »
Good move