Author Topic: DMD DIAMOND – WHY I THINK THIS WILL MAKE MONEY  (Read 8169 times)

Offline crazyivan

• Elite Member
DMD DIAMOND – WHY I THINK THIS WILL MAKE MONEY
« on: March 03, 2015, 07:40:22 AM »
Hey guys,

about 3 months ago, I have run into a coin which I think s got a quite bright future and this has caused me to shift significant amount of my crypto investments into this coin and related assets. Please do take a look, maybe you find it interesting as well.

What I like about DMD Diamond coin:

Great name – Diamond, suggest something rare and expensive

Grostl Algorithm – no Asic mining for now

POW reward

POS rewards (25% annually) – Yay!!!

4.38 million total supply, current market is under 1 million coins mined/minted so far – quite scarce, especially when taking into consideration POS hoarding effect

Very active and transparent development team.

Cloud Mining option which pays in DMD Diamonds

DMD Diamond is designed to be a store of value and a great investment vehicle; think of it is a gold bar which generated more gold bars via its 25% annual POS ability. Long term price charts show that the price has been quite stable for the last 6 months, due to DMD coin scarcity and general tendency of users to hoard their coins in order to obtain POS reward. Even more important is the fact that some time early April POW rewards is going to be reduced 90% which means even fewer coins are going to be offered for sale. Guess what it is going to happen with the price? I might be wrong but I do expect a significant price increase after that.

This is still small and undervalued coin IMO but this is exactly something I have been looking for during the last 6 months. Something which might have a potential to explode.

This supporting DMD Cloud mining option which I also use not only provides stable and steady income but it also pays in DMD which brings dual benefit to its users. You get your dividend and that dividend stakes in your wallet and generate more coins for you. One of the best examples of win-win situation I have seen in a long time. Just to be clear, DMD Cloud mining investments are used to buy SHA 256 and POS contracts from other reputable suppliers and not to mine DMD directly. Do not expect miracles from this option, this is not going to make you rich but you are going to get steady every day payout. Also DMD Cloud mining operation pays 70% of their mining receipts to its shareholders while 30% is being used for reinvestment which ensures partial sustainability of the entire project. In other words, the number of mining shares increases at the end of each month so it is a form of multiplication of your shares.

Additionally, Cloud mining shareholders get paid coins from DMD reactor as well which is a basically huge DMD staking wallet. Coins which are received by staking get divided among DMD Cloud shareholders at the end of each month based on their share in the entire cloud mining operation. Also, you get a 7 days refund period where you can cancel your cloud mining contract for whatever reason.

For more info, take a look at DMD home page and their main DMD Diamond Bitcointalk thread. You ll see the whole operation is quite transparent, you can find data about dev team there, LinkedIn profiles, photos, everything which adds to their credibility.

I think this might be a nice addition to your investment portfolio, I have invested into both DMD Diamond and its cloud mining asset (50%:50%) but please understand this investment carries a potential risk, as everything else related to crypto, and I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE for your investment decisions. Do your own due diligence and analysis before you invest. Also, get as much as possible info about the coin and the community via their website and their DMD Diamond Bitcointalk thread, contact the dev team and ask questions here to get the full picture about DMD Diamond potential.

Also, this post is not related to any kind of referral related promotion, I do not get anything from you using it or not using besides the fact that I would like to see DMD Diamond community and crypto economy in general grows even faster in the future.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:32:47 PM by crazyivan »

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
Re: DMD DIAMOND – why I love this coin
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 07:54:34 AM »
50% PoS? That means it more than doubles every two years - might not be much now but if this lives 10 years...

4.38 m now
6.57 the next year
9.855 after that
Granted for a coin to survive 6 years alone is a massive feat but it will become worthless by then - unless you get some now and let them stake for years...mabe.

I mean, thats 50% inflation every year! How do you think this coin will keep it value?

Offline crazyivan

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 08:07:40 AM »
50% PoS? That means it more than doubles every two years - might not be much now but if this lives 10 years...

4.38 m now
6.57 the next year
9.855 after that
Granted for a coin to survive 6 years alone is a massive feat but it will become worthless by then - unless you get some now and let them stake for years...mabe.

I mean, thats 50% inflation every year! How do you think this coin will keep it value?

4.38 m s total supply, current market is under 1 million coins. There will be no more coins then that, ever, cause both POS and POW rewards get reduced in time. However, coins in your wallet stake at an annual rate of 50%. So if you have 1000 DMD in your wallet, do not move them and let them stake, you ll have 1500 next year. This quite nice POS reward is the reason why people hoard this coins since it is designed as store of value. Not to mention that POW reward reduction rate from 1.05 DMD to 0.1 DMD per block in about a month. DMD Diamond supply s gonna shrink big time. I think it s a smart time to buy.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 08:12:58 AM by crazyivan »

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 08:41:08 AM »
Hmm okay, it's explained here
http://bit.diamonds/overview.html
with images  :D

Offline crazyivan

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 08:46:09 AM »
Hmm okay, it's explained here
http://bit.diamonds/overview.html
with images  :D

Yup, thx Sy.

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 03:06:23 PM »
What will secure the network once you lose 90% of the mining value?

Seems the free fall in hashrate could lead to easy attacks of the coin unless block generation becomes heavily dependent on PoS at that point.

Offline cryptonit

• CVO Diamond Foundation
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 03:38:31 PM »
on request from ivan i release some infos not even anounced at btt  in this compact form 8)

DMD in actual shape is already better suited against attacks than any low hashrate pure POW coins (a lot of them existing)
and better suited than an low POS diff low POS blocktime low active wallets pure POS coin (lot of them existing too)

in both areas we aware of possible attack vectors which less likely to hit hybrid coin

(but i aggree we can be targeted by weakness of two paths but the attack is more difficult to execute
and we did learn a lot the last close to 2 years example once or POW was stuck after a attack would be frozen chain at pure pow coins our netword did keep runing slow but uninteruped while we prepared fix for weakness (orgin was a coding mistake leave a weakness open we did know and we did fix by mistake incomplete first time (this story just to tell we know the deep dark areas did fall into them we returned and that multiple times in our near 2 year history))

we plan to address most of them even more and improve the already good hybrid POW/POS protection towards a POW/XXX/POS multi-hybrid security

pos blocktimes will be adjusted and we research the pro and contra of adding a 3rd blockgenerating source
this way chance  6 confirm block serie (for transaction) have more than one type of blocksource in it is overwhelming high

and doublespend and building longer private chain lose lot danger
additional we have some network guradian mechanism we dont wana go into detail
no need to feed potential attackers with infos

we focused on layer2 projects assets smart contracts blockchain powered apps for future
but we wont forget layer1

sorry for fast typing need to leave now and get my twinns from nanny ;)
im here for answer follow up questions
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 07:47:21 AM by cryptonit »

Offline crazyivan

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 07:05:15 AM »
We re currently at 920k DMDs out in the wild. 80k more until the reward gets reduced 90%, from 1.05 to 0.1 DMD per block.
All in all, there are only a few more weeks of careless purchasing at these price. If you do plan to buy, now is the time.

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 02:59:27 PM »
we plan to address most of them even more and improve the already good hybrid POW/POS protection towards a POW/XXX/POS multi-hybrid security

Not really any detail provided at all, especially if you are getting that close to the conversion.

Good luck I guess.

Offline crazyivan

• Elite Member
Re: DMD DIAMOND – WHY I THINK THIS WILL MAKE MONEY
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 05:25:41 AM »
10x reward reduction which ll take place in April s going to shrink the supply big time and due to 50% PoS, existing holders do not sell their coins easily. Also, there is another intresting elements. The cloud they run mines BTC and pays in DMD Diamond. This means they mine BTC and then go back to the exchange to buy Diamonds creating constant demand which ll shrink supply even further.

Again, all this is my personal math. You do yours before you get into this coin

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 11:22:39 AM »
ivan have you gone crazy ?  :P

Offline crazyivan

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 10:45:56 AM »
In about 5 days, the PoW reward ll get reduced from 1 DMD to 0.2 DMD per block. This ll drastically reduce supply of coins. We have interesting times ahead of us.
Also, there s a new version of DMD wallet available for download.

Offline crazyivan

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 05:47:58 PM »
Pls update your wallet to the newest more secure version 2.0.5.5. This update and blockchain check is MANDATORY.

Also, pls check if you are in the right chain, if not, you need to redownload the chain or replace it with the correct version.

correct blockcount is visible here
http://diamond.danbo.bg:2750/chain/Diamond
and here http://dmdpool.digsys.bg/bc/

if u have more blocks make sure u update wallet

make sure u do following steps
install new wallet
http://sourceforge.net/projects/diamonddmd/files/Diamond%202.0.5.5.exe/download

if ur blockcount is higher than the blocks in http://dmdpool.digsys.bg/bc/
overwrite ur local blockchain files with this backup
http://diamond.danbo.bg/downloads/danbischain20150408.zip

make sure ur diamond.conf contain this lines

listen=1
noirc=1
addnode=193.68.21.19
addnode=54.191.208.14
addnode=54.255.133.30
addnode=54.86.164.216
bantime=600

when u sure u are on right chain start mining and POS again please

If you need help, just let me know or simply check Bitcointalk DMD Diamond thread.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 05:58:09 PM by crazyivan »

Offline crazyivan

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 09:43:53 AM »
New wallet version 2.0.5.7
Release URL: https://github.com/DMDcoin/Diamond/releases/tag/diamond2057

This wallet is not mandatory. However, due to new functionality and improved CPU usage it is highly recommended especially for loaded nodes, such as those that mine/mint, pools and exchanges. It should also improve performance for everyone.
Binaries for Windows and OS X are provided. Just replace your own binary. If you build form source, stop old binary, start new binary. No other update action is required.

Changelog:

Optimizations to call hash calculation functions less.
Small optimization to Groestl hash routine.
Ban nodes that are disconnected due to old version/protocol.
Implement -zapwallettxes, borrowed/adapted Bitcoin code.
Implement ACL for connected nodes.
Fix bugs in seed node processing.
Add and activate seed nodes to facilitate bootstrap without config file.
Turn IRC off by default. (IRC may be removed in future)
Increase maximum number of outgoing connections to 16
Limit output to log file if debug is disabled.
Update wallet version to 2.0.5.7

Of special interest is -zapwallettxes. This command switch (or config file option) will wipe out any existing transactions in the wallet, then initiate rescan of the block chain (slow!) to find out the valid transactions for your coins. If used as -zapwallettxes=1 it would also preserve transaction comments etc. If used as -zapwallettxes=2 it will do a clean rebuild of the transactions without those details. If you put it in the config file, make sure you remove it after first use, as it will do the same (slow!) thing every time you start your wallet.
If you run a busy wallet, that sends a lot of (not PoS) transactions you might want to run this periodically to make sure your wallet transaction acconting is in sync with the block chain.

The new wallet is able to start without any config file. It would then use the seed nodes to find out about other nodes and connect to them as well. This lets us get rid of IRC in some o the next updates.

The new wallet code also makes certain optimisations to reduce the number of hash function calls for each block. More optimisations are planned in this area to improve CPU usage further. It also reduces the amount of log file output, if debug is disabled to reduce storage I/O load.

Offline crazyivan

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 09:44:46 AM »
Btw, the price started going up, just as I suggested it would. We ll how it ll develop in the future but I have a really good feeling.