Author Topic: IceCube miners 85-175Mh/s  (Read 8396 times)

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
Re: IceCube miners 85-175Mh/s
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 05:06:41 PM »
The main problem that we faced - how to remove the heat from the chips. A solution was found in the liquid cooling with mineral oil. With this solution we were able to reduce not only the level of energy consumption for cooling modules, but also to reduce the noise level and the amount of heat emitted into the atmosphere. The entire cooling system is completely sealed and requires no maintenance.
Wow so you guys figured out how to break the laws of physics and reduce the amount of heat radiated?? Do you guys have a mini-black hole inside it that sucks out all the heat??

Remember that it is Celsius, so that is not exactly cool. Room temperature is 22°C and my gaming machine that is liquid cooled, at constant max load, rarely makes it above 35°C and it is an old liquid cooling setup on a new video card. Oil cooling is a completely new ball game that I am unfamiliar with other than it's potential, so this is not completely out of the realm of possibility. If a series of loud fans can keep my GAWminer Falcon and Zeusminer Thunder x3 machines about 60-65°C (with them using outdoor Canadian winter air as an intake instead of recirculated room air they are now down to about 30-35°C) then it is likely that a liquid cooled unit can keep things even cooler.

It's extremely possible and very cost prohibitive for individual miners.

So it's likely a bit of hot air.

It's possible on a commercial scale but not worthwhile for individual miners, especially relatively "small" ones

Offline AmDD

• I like coins
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 05:16:08 PM »
The main problem that we faced - how to remove the heat from the chips. A solution was found in the liquid cooling with mineral oil. With this solution we were able to reduce not only the level of energy consumption for cooling modules, but also to reduce the noise level and the amount of heat emitted into the atmosphere. The entire cooling system is completely sealed and requires no maintenance.
Wow so you guys figured out how to break the laws of physics and reduce the amount of heat radiated?? Do you guys have a mini-black hole inside it that sucks out all the heat??

Remember that it is Celsius, so that is not exactly cool. Room temperature is 22°C and my gaming machine that is liquid cooled, at constant max load, rarely makes it above 35°C and it is an old liquid cooling setup on a new video card. Oil cooling is a completely new ball game that I am unfamiliar with other than it's potential, so this is not completely out of the realm of possibility. If a series of loud fans can keep my GAWminer Falcon and Zeusminer Thunder x3 machines about 60-65°C (with them using outdoor Canadian winter air as an intake instead of recirculated room air they are now down to about 30-35°C) then it is likely that a liquid cooled unit can keep things even cooler.

It's extremely possible and very cost prohibitive for individual miners.

So it's likely a bit of hot air.

It's possible on a commercial scale but not worthwhile for individual miners, especially relatively "small" ones

I think I read it the same way jstefanop did. They state its totally self contained. Even with oil based cooling you still need to get the heat out, all the oil does is pull it away from the chips.

This video explains it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_X_hgtlJpA
Unless I understand their post. The renders show no vent/fans.

EDIT: i re-read their post and they state Mineral Oil which would be different than the video I posted. But even with mineral oil you woul d need some kind of radiator or something to cool the heated oil.

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 07:20:59 AM »

I think I read it the same way jstefanop did. They state its totally self contained. Even with oil based cooling you still need to get the heat out, all the oil does is pull it away from the chips.

EDIT: i re-read their post and they state Mineral Oil which would be different than the video I posted. But even with mineral oil you woul d need some kind of radiator or something to cool the heated oil.

Exactly but it makes the mineral oil loop self contained - it's still really messy and not sure if you can ship it that easily plus too pricey etc water us usually easier to do and maintain plus oil isn't really cheap.

Offline coldminers.com

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 04:40:28 PM »

Exactly but it makes the mineral oil loop self contained - it's still really messy and not sure if you can ship it that easily plus too pricey etc water us usually easier to do and maintain plus oil isn't really cheap.
All system is cooled with two separate radiators. Why 2? Simple - if we use 1 large instead of two, we get hot oil drain from first module to the second one(loop PUMP->Mod.1->Mod.2->RADIATOR-.PUMP). Temperature difference between those modules increases to 15-20°C, so first module is approx. 34°C and second one heats up to 50-55°C. With 2 radiators we get loop like PUMP->RADIATOR.1->Mod.1->RADIATOR.2->Mod.2->PUMP. In this case we can program both cooler fans to work separately instead of running them at one speed.

System needs no maintenance because we use oil instead of cooling liquid(which leaves a lot of shit on the internals of the radiators and pump). There is no need to change that oil because of such small electric load. Life of the oil at such load is more than 8 years.

Shipping pack will contain miner and 2.5L of the oil(in sealed bottle, with all necessary documents to pass any customs check).

With great pleasure will add a little bit oil to the fire: Small test video

Offline AmDD

• I like coins
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 05:01:28 PM »
That makes more sense.

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 05:05:45 PM »
Ship one to an Admin/Moderator if you're legit and you'll generate some interest.

Pretty tough sell at that price though, ROI of never, unless LTC goes up 5x in price, or you drop prices 75%.

Offline bclcjunkie

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 06:23:08 PM »
i call this a scam until you prove us with more technical aspects.. showing vague internals of some metal and easily programmable display just raise big red flags in my book... perhaps you could point us to github and enlighten us what drivers and what chips you use or where your custom cgminer can be downloaded... for example something like: https://github.com/zeusminer

Offline alucard80

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2015, 01:42:17 AM »
You can find KNC titans for a much better deal than this.  more hash rate, less power, less cost..  and by less cost, i mean people that are selling thiers.

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2015, 11:34:57 AM »
You can find KNC titans for a much better deal than this.  more hash rate, less power, less cost..  and by less cost, i mean people that are selling thiers.

Less lifetime too xD

This would be interesting at maybe half the price and a good deal at a third - sorry mate but you are too late to the game (@op) - no one will invest that much into a device that needs more than a year to pay back, to risky.

It would be "wiser" to just take 1/3 of the price and buy the scrypt coin you want imho

« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 12:11:40 PM by Sy »

Offline coldminers.com

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2015, 12:53:45 PM »
If we take information from that calculator then almost every miner on the market will ROI in a little bit less than 2 years. So why should we pay attention to it?

Till Monday we will consider about lowering the price range, but I doubt that will be possible to lower it for more than 25% of the current price. These stations were developed to achieve lower noise level, less power consumption and lower emission of hot air. Maybe these ones are not so profitable as other miners, but much more pleasant in home use.

Those who has already made an order will get refund of the price difference.

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2015, 01:15:33 PM »
True but no one is buying those other miners aswell...

Good luck and i hope this isn't another scam  :o

Offline coldminers.com

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2015, 02:47:51 PM »
Price range will be lowered to:
- $3300 for 175Mh/s+ miner version
- $1650 for 85Mh/s+ miner version

This is the lowest price that we can offer. Otherwise production of these miners becomes unprofitable.

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2015, 03:05:10 PM »
Price range will be lowered to:
- $3300 for 175Mh/s+ miner version
- $1650 for 85Mh/s+ miner version

This is the lowest price that we can offer. Otherwise production of these miners becomes unprofitable.

Understand that buying your miners at that price means you are just throwing money away. Literally.

You are infinitely better off buying coin and holding it then purchasing a miner at that $/MH.

Glad to see you are trying however.

Like I mentioned above, send a demo/miner to a moderator or Admin. Otherwise you have a tough road ahead of you in terms of sales.

Offline rammy2k2

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2015, 05:05:51 PM »
your prices are so 1 year ago dude ... u wont get a damn sale with those prices ...
and i bet, no one will do a pre-order  ;)

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2015, 08:44:20 PM »
your prices are so 1 year ago dude ... u wont get a damn sale with those prices ...
and i bet, no one will do a pre-order  ;)
The problem is, his chips are too ^^

Best option would be to mine with those yourself, then party like a rockstar if ltc ever picks up again and probably dump them because you will be rich by then xD