Author Topic: Congrats to anyone who actually owns a funded Coinographic coin  (Read 2543 times)

Offline treasure_finder

• Litecoin Association Member
Congrats to anyone who actually owns a funded Coinographic coin
« on: February 16, 2015, 11:31:24 PM »
Now that they're out of business and apparently are not sending any more coins out, those of you who were fortunate enough to land one of their coins, funded, now have a very rare coin.  I don't think they sold more than a couple dozen or so of any design.  These could be very rare and valuable in the future!

Offline AmDD

• I like coins
Re: Congrats to anyone who actually owns a funded Coinographic coin
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 11:42:57 PM »
Sucks, but I own 4. I wanted to get one of each but didnt have the funds at the time. Oh well.

Offline Smoothie

• VIP Donator
  • ► ► ► WWW.LEALANA.COM ► ► ►
    • LEALANA UNFUNDED PHYSICAL LITECOINS
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 12:24:28 AM »
One serious thing to consider is if Coinographic is willing to run away like this, what is to stop him from keeping a copy of your private keys to your physical coins.

ALL PHYSICAL COINOGRAPHIC COINS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED COMPROMISED AT THIS POINT GIVEN THEIR ACTIONS.

Offline v3ra1ynn

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 12:43:59 AM »
One serious thing to consider is if Coinographic is willing to run away like this, what is to stop him from keeping a copy of your private keys to your physical coins.

ALL PHYSICAL COINOGRAPHIC COINS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED COMPROMISED AT THIS POINT GIVEN THEIR ACTIONS.

We get it bro.  Its a shitty situation and Coinographic screwed over a lot of people.  I'd honestly say if you got a coin at all you're lucky though, even if it wasn't funded.  I was lucky enough to receive 3 of the 4 coins I was owed..was hoping to complete the collection as even though he ran his business like shit, they are magnificent coins.  Ah well.

Its a real shame that nothing is going to be done with the remainder of the coins.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 01:16:04 AM by v3ra1ynn »

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 01:09:26 AM »
Why did people  wait till now to check if their coins were funded? Why didn't they check the day they got them?

Offline Smoothie

• VIP Donator
  • ► ► ► WWW.LEALANA.COM ► ► ►
    • LEALANA UNFUNDED PHYSICAL LITECOINS
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 01:15:08 AM »

We get it bro.  Its a shitty situation and Coinographic screwed over a lot of people but I don't think treasure is talking about the actual LTC that may be 'attached' to the coins but the coins themselves.  I was also lucky enough to get 3 of the 4 coins(designs) that exist, was really hoping to complete the collection. Ah well.

Its a real shame that nothing is going to be done with the remainder of the coins.

What is to stop Coinographic from exploiting his supply and trying to sell it because the coins are "rare"?

Yes they are rare but having them funded and possibly have loaded coin stolen will likely have them tarnished as a story.

"yes I have coins I bought from a scammer".

Please excuse my sour attitude, as scammers get my blood boiling and this is why.

I do not wish bad things on anyone who lost money with Coinographic. In fact this is a sad situation.

Offline v3ra1ynn

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 01:18:32 AM »

We get it bro.  Its a shitty situation and Coinographic screwed over a lot of people but I don't think treasure is talking about the actual LTC that may be 'attached' to the coins but the coins themselves.  I was also lucky enough to get 3 of the 4 coins(designs) that exist, was really hoping to complete the collection. Ah well.

What is to stop Coinographic from exploiting his supply and trying to sell it because the coins are "rare"?

Yes they are rare but having them funded and possibly have loaded coin stolen will likely have them tarnished as a story.

"yes I have coins I bought from a scammer".

Please excuse my sour attitude, as scammers get my blood boiling and this is why.

I do not wish bad things on anyone who lost money with Coinographic. In fact this is a sad situation.

Its possible and people should probably just transfer the coinage that they may have on any of the wallets, the thing is, I still really don't believe he began as a 'scammer'.  It has just turned into that because he's run out of money.

Offline saigoned

• Bitcoin and Litcoin Merchandise Coming Soon
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 01:26:53 AM »
I already commenced legal proceedings against Coinographic last week, he is aware of this. The company is yet in liquidation, no liquidator has been appointment yet according to my solictor.

Refund Owed

He owes me 5.46BTC and 729LTC.

Mark has the following coins in stock and I have emails confirming this, he was trying to get Charlie to buy some coins recently and I am not sure if this went through:
45 bull coins
29 Chicken coins
38 LA coins
352 1 LTC coins

If anyone would like Marks personal details please PM me. I will be back in the UK next month to deal with this and to visit Mark in person to discuss this matter further, if anyone wishes me to take on collection of their debt please PM me.

Please read here: https://www.gov.uk/liquidate-your-company

'You can be banned from being a director for 2 to 15 years or prosecuted if the liquidator decides your conduct was unfit.'

Once I estbablish who the appointment liquidator is, I will post their details here. As you can see above, if the liquidator decides Marks conduct was unfit he will be banned from being a director for 2-15 years. I suggest when I post these details that everyone involved contact the liquidator and explain why Marks conduct was definately unfit and perhaps fraudulent.

Mark is currently the director of this company, http://www.visualsin.co.uk/, company reg: 8709006 which today is showing as CLOSED FOR BUSINESS.

I will update this thread when I have further information. I suggest everyone report this to COMPANIES HOUSE as a 'fraud' to ensure that they are aware of the practices of Coinographic and that they still have stock in hand. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/reporting-fraud-about-a-company-to-companies-house, they will work with the liquidators and its likely Mark will not tell the truth to the liquidation team

The Company Investigations team within The Insolvency Service has the power to investigate limited companies where information received suggests corporate abuse, such as:

serious misconduct
fraud or scams
sharp practice in the way a company operates

Also to complain to the INSOLVENCY SERVICE: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-a-limited-company

Offline treasure_finder

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 04:11:35 AM »
Why did people  wait till now to check if their coins were funded? Why didn't they check the day they got them?

I own (1) 25 LTC Bull, (3) 10 LTC Chikun, (1) 10 LTC LTCA, and (6) 1 LTC coins, all checked day one, and all funded. This is why I sent him 6 BTC when I won his auction for coin #1 of the 1 oz gold BTC coin.  I trusted the guy.  I feel like s#!t now.

Offline Torque

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 12:31:42 PM »
I was lucky enough to have my 10 LTC Chickun coin actually arrive, and then funded about 8 days later (but only after several nagging emails sent).  Super lucky I guess, maybe I was one of the first coins shipped.  I dunno.  I definitely would be upset along with everyone else that got screwed, so I feel for everyone that didn't get theirs and lost their LTC as well.

I'm gonna just give Mark the benefit of the doubt here, and chalk it up to a combo of personal finance issues and mismanagement of his Coinographic coin company.  He should man up and refund everyone he still has the power to refund.

Although I will say that if he was holding customers' payments as LTC (instead of converting to fiat immediately to pay for coin costs and funding) during the LTC crash the last couple of months, then he was incredibly stupid.  LTC lost another 80% of it's value in the last 5 months.  I hope that oversight didn't contribute to all of the financial problems.    :-[

Offline Forceflow

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 06:29:00 PM »

I own (1) 25 LTC Bull, (3) 10 LTC Chikun, (1) 10 LTC LTCA, and (6) 1 LTC coins, all checked day one, and all funded. This is why I sent him 6 BTC when I won his auction for coin #1 of the 1 oz gold BTC coin.  I trusted the guy.  I feel like s#!t now.

My 2 25 LTC bull coins were funded after I emailed (I verified the addresses had funding).  The Chikun and LTCA coins were never funded because he was in full shade out mode at the time.  He also never shipped my 2 1 LTC coins and I bothered him constantly about it but he never did ship -- what can I do other than what I did?  Haters gonna hate, scammers gonna scam.