Author Topic: It's time for ltcgear legal action  (Read 5750 times)

Offline p2p

It's time for ltcgear legal action
« on: February 08, 2015, 07:33:56 PM »
I am sorry to say it, but I believe we have reached the point where there is nothing to hope and wait for.

I am reaching out again to initial hardware buyers from Chris to provide any evidence they can against him / his company.

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
Re: It's time for ltcgear legal action
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 08:20:01 PM »
Have you contacted attorneys to see if you have a case?

How are you intending to gather funding? (If I recall you took out loans to buy LTCGear shares, attorneys work on retainer paid up front.)

It's an extremely expensive proposition.

Offline p2p

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 08:43:27 PM »
i already have my share of legal experience. this particular case was not disscused with a lawyer, but i do know the steps i have to take.

How are you intending to gather funding? [...] attorneys work on retainer paid up front.

i constantly work with attorneys. if needed a dear family friend is a lawyer and will provide help if needed be (he owes me working hours anyway)
and you actualy don't need a lawyer to file somee complains (criminal and companies related). let me detail:
i) filing a complaint with ""consumer protection" - will probably not resolve much, just a real heads up "pay us now" if they have the money and are wiling to pay us anything
ii) you don't need a lawyer to send a complain to the fiscal authoroties about a company that sold a lot of services under the table and didnt reported the income, and didnt paid VAT on it
iii) criminal complain - again, no money needed; some legal help advised, but not mandatory; will trigger a legal criminal investigation

nope, is not. once under investigation, legal authoroties will provide some ligth. and at that point we will know if it is worth it going towards a civil case or not.

Offline artilectinc

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Elite Member
  • Troll Paladin
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 08:45:25 PM »
I am sorry to say it, but I believe we have reached the point where there is nothing to hope and wait for.

I am reaching out again to initial hardware buyers from Chris to provide any evidence they can against him / his company.

Wow you were so patient too.

To be honest your statements are just more hot air.  Everyone has a lawyer that they can get at the drop of a hat but they never asked them to do some research on ltcgear in the first place.  Of and he owes you too.  Everyone has one of those friends too I guess.  Well if it is that cheap for you then you can spot everyone's legal fees to get this case going.  Thanks.

Offline Jayke

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 08:52:21 PM »

How are you intending to gather funding? (If I recall you took out loans to buy LTCGear shares, attorneys work on retainer paid up front.)

Sukarti, if I was to go through a small claims court in the UK, Romania being in the EU would I have to travel to Romania to appear in court if it was taken that far or would it be dealt with through passed messages to and from the UK? From what I was told I have to pay a small amount as I am covered by legal aid in the UK, I will also have to pay for a solicitor to deliver/apply for a summons. I read something online about it being done via video feed or something along those lines..

Also Cristian would have to physically accept a summons for him to be liable to show up in court. As its a 'civil' matter (absolute bullshit) his personal information is clearly protected by the data protection act, meaning if he has packed bags and fucked off the chances of him accepting a summons is slim to none meaning money is better off used as shitty toilet paper.

Truth be told I reported this whole case to literally 3-4 different law agencies and I have yet to receive any form of response.

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 10:32:10 PM »
I'm not familiar with EU small claims court practices.

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/consumers/protection_of_consumers/l16028_en.htm

Looks to have limited function given the 2000 Euro cap.

Unless you own only a handful of shares then it may be approachable.

Like I mentioned in PM, approach a few attorneys, they can at least give you an idea what is involved and what your potential options are.

Offline Jayke

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 12:24:30 AM »
I'm not familiar with EU small claims court practices.

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/consumers/protection_of_consumers/l16028_en.htm

Looks to have limited function given the 2000 Euro cap.

Unless you own only a handful of shares then it may be approachable.

Like I mentioned in PM, approach a few attorneys, they can at least give you an idea what is involved and what your potential options are.

Very interesting, my current owed amount is roughly 1794.00 Euro, I knew that because Romania was in the EU I could deal with it in the UK, I was hoping I would not have to travel over to Bucharest to sit in court, adding more expenses I may not get back. Looks like this will be my way forward, thanks Suk and good luck to the rest of you. I know your not a lawyer but I presume I have to fill out an address for Cristian, what happens if he never recieves the letter?

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 02:37:02 AM »
You file a ton of paper work increasing your cost, eventually you get some form of default/judgement.

You then send it to collections if you can't locate assets to lien against.

It's a crap shoot but good luck if you pursue it.

Offline Forceflow

• Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 10:12:53 PM »
You then send it to collections if you can't locate assets to lien against.

That's where you are throwing good money after bad (assuming LTCGear is kaput, which is a tenuous assumption at best).  I see no reason to rush this determination or any benefit in pursuing a claim now.

Offline Jayke

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 12:21:19 PM »
As soon as law enforcement in the UK verify Cristians registered address a summons will be sent its as simple as that. If he fails to respond given permission from the court you can display the order in a local courthouse or the newspaper (requires special permission). If by this point Cristian fails to respond a warrant will be out for his arrest all thanks to Romania being in the EU.

Anybody from the EU needs to take the exact same steps as myself, report him via actionfraud, await response and go from there. If you are in the UK you may be covered by legal aid, remember that. Call me a day dreamer, call me a retard what ever it is you want.. Either sit on the forums talking shit all day or try doing something, fail or not at least I can say I tried.

One more thing, lets just hope Cristian has declared this money because if he hasn't well its goodbye Vienna, none of us will see shit if the government gets hold of it. Probably wise that some people insist on waiting although its a shit - shit situation.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 12:27:29 PM by Jayke »

Offline Goroz

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 03:41:48 PM »
As soon as law enforcement in the UK verify Cristians registered address a summons will be sent its as simple as that. If he fails to respond given permission from the court you can display the order in a local courthouse or the newspaper (requires special permission). If by this point Cristian fails to respond a warrant will be out for his arrest all thanks to Romania being in the EU.

Anybody from the EU needs to take the exact same steps as myself, report him via actionfraud, await response and go from there. If you are in the UK you may be covered by legal aid, remember that. Call me a day dreamer, call me a retard what ever it is you want.. Either sit on the forums talking shit all day or try doing something, fail or not at least I can say I tried.

One more thing, lets just hope Cristian has declared this money because if he hasn't well its goodbye Vienna, none of us will see shit if the government gets hold of it. Probably wise that some people insist on waiting although its a shit - shit situation.

Has anyone looked into options for USA citizens? I'm sure there are options as the US and EU typically work together on things...

Offline Rockyroad

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 04:08:37 AM »
Anyone that invested money in LTCGear must accept that it is gone.  The deal was a scam from the very beginning.  It was obvious with all the talk about how they could offer returns higher than everybody else because they were genius enough to manufacture hardware that was better than anything on the market.  The money is gone.

Offline iamwaiting

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 12:52:05 PM »
yes, i too think so, now the maintenance script going to run forever.

Offline wiggl3r

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 05:41:44 PM »
Dont forget to add in the fact that IF you win anything then you will probably lose 30-40% off the bat to the lawyer.

Offline Jayke

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 12:31:43 PM »
Dont forget to add in the fact that IF you win anything then you will probably lose 30-40% off the bat to the lawyer.

To be honest, I highly doubt you will even get anything.