Author Topic: HashWar - LTC Cloud Mining  (Read 29089 times)

Offline Alkhara

Re: HashWar - LTC Cloud Mining
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2015, 11:16:34 PM »
How do you buy a ticket with your current MHS?

Please select the bottom option to do that.

Thanks,
Alkhara
 [ltc] [ltc]

Offline cacc

• Notseen.com
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2015, 11:18:32 PM »

Thanks,
Alkhara
 [ltc] [ltc]

Confirmed and it is working for 1MHs for a ticket now.

Offline pbleak

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2015, 11:19:47 PM »

Thanks,
Alkhara
 [ltc] [ltc]

Done, OK, well let's see how it goes.

Offline Totscha

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2015, 03:01:30 AM »
People are somehow getting caught up in senseless debates about mining profitability.

The truth is: it is infinitely more profitable to buy LTC on an exchange, than buying mining shares here.

LTC has a community and thousands of miners behind it.

Alkhara is just another scammer until proven otherwise...

P.S.

Brotip: If you calculate mining ROI and you need to correct the USD/LTC price to a more 'reasonable level' (like August 2014, or even November 2013) because this is a bottom, and you're sure as hell not going to sell at bottom. Might I suggest buying LTC on an exchange makes a trillion times more sense than mining?

Offline cacc

• Notseen.com
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2015, 04:00:13 AM »
The truth is: it is infinitely more profitable to buy LTC on an exchange, than buying mining shares here.

It is actually "infinitely" more profitable to mine on free hardware with zero costs for electricity or maintenance.

We are ALL scammers until proven otherwise, and even if proven not a scammer that doesn't stop the possibility of still scamming. We are also all purple jellyfish that roll around in wheelchairs stealing old ladies purses while eating ham sandwiches with JUST not enough mayo...unless someone can prove otherwise!

Not defending Alkhara, just saying that I blow money almost daily on stupid stuff, might as well take a risk. We take a risk that the homeless guy we give to isn't going to spend it on booze. We take the risk that we are hungry enough to supersize those fries. We take the risk that the movie are going to see will be good. If you have the money, you might as well spend it on something. There is also risk when buying from the exchange that you will be profitable, but if you bought a month ago you would be wrong. No risk usually equals no reward, but there is still the risk (as that is the first thing mentioned in that sentence).

Brotip: If you calculate mining ROI and you need to correct the USD/LTC price to a more 'reasonable level' (like August 2014, or even November 2013) because this is a bottom, and you're sure as hell not going to sell at bottom.

Actually, to calculate ROI you have to base it off whatever currency you paid in. If you paid 1 BTC then you have to figure out how long will it take to make back that 1 BTC. If you paid 1 BTC when it was $400 and now it's at $200, you still hit ROI when you make 1 BTC even if the dollar value is not the same. 1 BTC = 1 BTC no matter what the current converted value is.

Might I suggest buying LTC on an exchange makes a trillion times more sense than mining?

IF mining was not profitable, then why would ANYONE do it? There would actually be no coins on the market if no one mined them and sold them for a profit. My home mining equipment has all ROIed at this point AND I pay nothing for electricity in my apartment AND it's winter so I have free cooling too. So every coin that I mine is profit and makes much more sense than buying LTC. 100% profit is significantly (not quite a trillion) better than the amount that you can gain or lose buying from the exchange. Cloud mining is a little different, although with LTCGear I have ROIed and so it is all profit at this point as well (if they come back). Once you hit ROI it is all gains from there. If you buy one coin then you still just have one coin.

Offline Totscha

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2015, 10:09:38 AM »

It is actually "infinitely" more profitable to mine on free hardware with zero costs for electricity or maintenance.

We are ALL scammers until proven otherwise, and even if proven not a scammer that doesn't stop the possibility of still scamming. We are also all purple jellyfish that roll around in wheelchairs stealing old ladies purses while eating ham sandwiches with JUST not enough mayo...unless someone can prove otherwise!

Not defending Alkhara, just saying that I blow money almost daily on stupid stuff, might as well take a risk. We take a risk that the homeless guy we give to isn't going to spend it on booze. We take the risk that we are hungry enough to supersize those fries. We take the risk that the movie are going to see will be good. If you have the money, you might as well spend it on something. There is also risk when buying from the exchange that you will be profitable, but if you bought a month ago you would be wrong. No risk usually equals no reward, but there is still the risk (as that is the first thing mentioned in that sentence).

Brotip: If you calculate mining ROI and you need to correct the USD/LTC price to a more 'reasonable level' (like August 2014, or even November 2013) because this is a bottom, and you're sure as hell not going to sell at bottom.

Actually, to calculate ROI you have to base it off whatever currency you paid in. If you paid 1 BTC then you have to figure out how long will it take to make back that 1 BTC. If you paid 1 BTC when it was $400 and now it's at $200, you still hit ROI when you make 1 BTC even if the dollar value is not the same. 1 BTC = 1 BTC no matter what the current converted value is.

Might I suggest buying LTC on an exchange makes a trillion times more sense than mining?

IF mining was not profitable, then why would ANYONE do it? There would actually be no coins on the market if no one mined them and sold them for a profit. My home mining equipment has all ROIed at this point AND I pay nothing for electricity in my apartment AND it's winter so I have free cooling too. So every coin that I mine is profit and makes much more sense than buying LTC. 100% profit is significantly (not quite a trillion) better than the amount that you can gain or lose buying from the exchange. Cloud mining is a little different, although with LTCGear I have ROIed and so it is all profit at this point as well (if they come back). Once you hit ROI it is all gains from there. If you buy one coin then you still just have one coin.

So basicaly you are saying:
- Yeah Totscha I mostly agree with you, but I wont admit it. I'll make a long reply debating you so I look cool.
- There are some exceptions like getting free electicity.
- I'm derailing you, so people don't talk too much about how this is a scamming pile of s***

Did I miss anything? :)

Offline cacc

• Notseen.com
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2015, 02:57:58 PM »

So basicaly you are saying:
- Yeah Totscha I mostly agree with you, but I wont admit it. I'll make a long reply debating you so I look cool.
- There are some exceptions like getting free electicity.
- I'm derailing you, so people don't talk too much about how this is a scamming pile of s***

Did I miss anything? :)

As I have stated somewhere before in this thread, I have not invested anything into it as of yet. Whether I will in the future, only time will tell. I have also said a few times (including my first post on thread) that the only hardware on the market that can reach this dollar per megahash is Hashra hardware which is currently not for sale, but if they did get their hands on it then it's cost is only about $4.30/MHs.

I DO mostly agree with you, but without the harsh and rash implications of an obvious scam. I am more of a "for all we know" kind of guy instead of "guilty until he proves innocent". If I had 500MHs in my house hashing away that I felt wasn't doing much for me anymore, there are basically two options. 1) Sell the hardware to someone else. 2) Sell of the hashrate to make something back and still keep your hardware. Number two is where I think Hashwar lands and it is a lot more appealing to some people instead of having loud miners in their home.

I do believe in "innocent until proven guilty" and giving people the benefit of the doubt (I blame my Canadian blood), but still don't recommend approaching a situation blindly. That is why this thread exists and there is the positives and negatives -- I have stated points from both sides as I see them. Call a spade a spade, but they are not all spades.

Offline Ananzi4

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2015, 05:51:51 PM »
Guess I'll try this out.

Offline Alkhara

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2015, 08:10:23 PM »
Guess I'll try this out.

Welcome aboard!

Offline vicitor

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2015, 09:49:21 PM »
Hi, I am your newest customer!

Offline Alkhara

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2015, 10:24:01 PM »

Welcome!

Offline Alkhara

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2015, 04:59:07 AM »
LTC just nearly doubled in profitability!

Offline vicitor

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2015, 08:06:16 AM »

Welcome!
Thanks. You wrote on your homepage "Launch Bonus: 1 MH/s Free for Registration, .25 MH/s per day on log in!" Today I logged in, but didn't see any .25 MH/s. Why?

Offline cacc

• Notseen.com
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2015, 08:21:25 AM »
Thanks. You wrote on your homepage "Launch Bonus: 1 MH/s Free for Registration, .25 MH/s per day on log in!" Today I logged in, but didn't see any .25 MH/s. Why?

Confirmed. I got the initial 0.25 MHs when it was first brought in, but nothing since and it has been a few days. I have tried signing out and back in and there has been no additional login bonus.

Offline pbleak

« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2015, 11:14:33 AM »
Ditto. I presume they meant on signup.