Author Topic: HashWar - LTC Cloud Mining  (Read 29246 times)

Offline altcoins

Re: HashWar - LTC Cloud Mining
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2015, 04:54:18 AM »
Please, crack one account. It's not realistic. I wouldn't jeopardize my users. My account is administrator....good luck to you.
This kind of seems like I'm trolling but you're contradicting yourself mate :)  "Please, crack one account" = "I'm inviting/challenging strangers on internet tech forums to attack my systems" - if you've been in crypto more than 5 minutes you'll know that statements challenging others to attack you sometimes end badly - that's exactly "jeopardizing" your users :P

You called me out on security. I am telling you, no one will crack the accounts I listed or my own. It's not going to happen. If you can or anyone can, please do, it will bring the attention of the FBI because without Brute Force luck it's not happening.

:) Absolutely mate - you have a security background and that experience has taught you that publicly listing usernames is not a threat, there is no need to rename the administrator account because, well, best practice smesh practice meh and of course you're 100% confident in your security that you openly challenge external attempts on your systems.  I absolutely trust you with my coins - seriously ;)

Offline Alkhara

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2015, 05:01:52 AM »
Please, crack one account. It's not realistic. I wouldn't jeopardize my users. My account is administrator....good luck to you.
This kind of seems like I'm trolling but you're contradicting yourself mate :)  "Please, crack one account" = "I'm inviting/challenging strangers on internet tech forums to attack my systems" - if you've been in crypto more than 5 minutes you'll know that statements challenging others to attack you sometimes end badly - that's exactly "jeopardizing" your users :P

You called me out on security. I am telling you, no one will crack the accounts I listed or my own. It's not going to happen. If you can or anyone can, please do, it will bring the attention of the FBI because without Brute Force luck it's not happening.

:) Absolutely mate - you have a security background and that experience has taught you that publicly listing usernames is not a threat, there is no need to rename the administrator account because, well, best practice smesh practice meh and of course you're 100% confident in your security that you openly challenge external attempts on your systems.  I absolutely trust you with my coins - seriously ;)

Exactly, go ahead and "hack" my administrator account, not only will that attempt fail, but my redundant admin accounts will also be compromised, right?  I know what I am doing, and I get that you are technically affluent, and I respect that, truly,  but I am telling you, I have thought ahead. I am not letting my operation fail to a simple wordpress hack like other competitors.

Offline cacc

• Notseen.com
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2015, 07:22:23 AM »
Posting user account names isn't the most intelligent thing in the world to do.

For someone with a "security" background you should know better.

::)

I checked to make sure they didn't have ridiculous passwords first. For knowing security and understanding the means required to brute force a random password for niche group of users, yes it was OK.

; )

Thanks,
Alkhara
 [ltc] [ltc]

How exactly do you check to make sure that they don't have ridiculous passwords? My password is over 30 characters and completely random, but in a hashed and salted database it would look the same as if it was just "password" or "123456". If you were able to brute force test them, you shouldn't have been able to as you should have brute force protection which would have kicked your IP from accessing your own site. This is less doubt and more curiosity...

The 25 Most Popular Passwords of 2014: We're All Doomed
http://gizmodo.com/the-25-most-popular-passwords-of-2014-were-all-doomed-1680596951

Wordpress BruteProtect
https://wordpress.org/plugins/bruteprotect/

Offline Totscha

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2015, 11:50:06 AM »

Exactly, go ahead and "hack" my administrator account, not only will that attempt fail, but my redundant admin accounts will also be compromised, right?  I know what I am doing, and I get that you are technically affluent, and I respect that, truly,  but I am telling you, I have thought ahead. I am not letting my operation fail to a simple wordpress hack like other competitors.

Fine, your site is unhackable, that's great. There are still issues that need to be addressed (don't really care for pics of datacenters, or your home address):

1. Proof of mining: Mining address if solo mining or proof of hash power on a pool.
2. Endorsement from an ASIC manufacturer.
3. And lastly the bonuses you give: 1 MHs for account + 0.25 MHs each day for login. And the lottery... That's just a replacement for referral programs. So you gained another risk point.

You did give the option to redeem the MHs for BTC or gift cards, you get 1 points reduced for that.

The real question in my mind is: What is stopping me from creating 200 accounts and getting 50 MHs / day for free, just by logging in?

Until then (borrowed from one of your posts):

Ponzi risk assesment 6/7 = Ponzi !

Offline Alkhara

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2015, 05:44:59 PM »
"The real question in my mind is: What is stopping me from creating 200 accounts and getting 50 MHs / day for free, just by logging in?"

Your IP Address. If you really wanted to go through the trouble of setting up 50 accounts from different locations to get .25 MH/s on each, then go ahead. That seems like more work than it's worth. If I find someone is abusing the system though it's very easy to deal with it.

Thanks,
Alkhara
 [ltc] [ltc]

Offline cacc

• Notseen.com
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2015, 05:54:56 PM »
At least at the beginning, until trust is earned, you might want to have smaller options as well. Investing a minimum of $250 blindly might be a little difficult before people know who you are.

Offline Alkhara

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2015, 05:56:32 PM »
At least at the beginning, until trust is earned, you might want to have smaller options as well. Investing a minimum of $250 blindly might be a little difficult before people know who you are.

Thanks for the input, I think something like that can be set up.

Thanks,
Alkhara
 [ltc] [ltc]

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2015, 09:28:35 PM »
Any proof?

Pictures?

Mining addresses?

Whose equipment are you using considering there are no current Scrypt ASIC manufacturers?

Offline pbleak

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2015, 09:38:15 PM »
250 entry point on a site where everyone is feeling burned about a site selling litecoin mining...maybe wanna rethink that  ;D

Offline Ǫ̶̷̕͜Ź̛ḿ͜a͞͞͠͏ś̡͟͠͡t́͏é̴r

• Crypto is the future!
    • Coinbar
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2015, 09:48:52 PM »
Any proof?

Pictures?

Mining addresses?

Whose equipment are you using considering there are no current Scrypt ASIC manufacturers?

why so hard? why would they reveal pictures addresses or else? it only endangers the operation,,,

Edit: i totaly missed a word
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:20:18 PM by OZmaster »

Offline harish

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2015, 10:09:24 PM »
Any proof?

Pictures?

Mining addresses?

why so hard? why would they reveal pictures addresses or else? it only compromises the operation,,,

Very true..why not pictures and details..SCAM

Offline Alkhara

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2015, 12:27:08 AM »
Added the requested lower cost to entry option.

Now available 10 MH/s for $50, as well as 5 MH/s for $25.

Thanks,
Alkhara
 [ltc] [ltc]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 01:17:19 AM by Alkhara »

Offline DiCE1904

• legit
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2015, 01:09:33 AM »
Any proof?

Pictures?

Mining addresses?

This

Offline Totscha

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2015, 01:25:39 AM »
Seriously Alkhara, at least rename your site to ponziHash. People here are crazy enough to invest anyway. That way you won't need to feel sorry for anyone when you run away with their investment ;)

Offline tlancast

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2015, 02:35:42 AM »
seems his limit on sales is 10gh/s as it says thats all that's available no matter how you try to add to cart. I'll go back again in a day and see what the stock is. if the same then that means literally he has no new customers or he simply limited total single sale. although his 1gh/s actually states only having 10 units for sale.