Author Topic: HashWar - LTC Cloud Mining  (Read 28622 times)

Offline Alkhara

Re: HashWar - LTC Cloud Mining
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 01:48:51 AM »
New Redeem MH/s feature added. If you ever wish to cash out your shares you have an option to do so now.

Thanks,
Alkhara
 [ltc] [ltc]

Offline renma

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 02:31:12 AM »
With all the scammers and those ponzi websites running rampart, it's kind of hard to gain the trust of people to invest in something that looks like ltcgear copycat.....

At least there's an exit strategy now so the ponzi evaluation is now 5/7 ?

Offline Alkhara

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 02:36:58 AM »
With all the scammers and those ponzi websites running rampart, it's kind of hard to gain the trust of people to invest in something that looks like ltcgear copycat.....

At least there's an exit strategy now so the ponzi evaluation is now 5/7 ?

Exactly, which is why I am working on building trust now. I don't really care if I miss out on sales for the time being, I want people to feel comfortable here, and bring new features that the fake competitors can't. I have some pretty big features that I hope to have online in the next few weeks. If you are not willing to take the risk, at least create an account and get the free 1.25 MH/s for registration and logging in one day in a row. Then another .25 MH/s for every day you check back. We are in it for the long haul, we hope you are too!

Thanks,
Alkhara
 [ltc] [ltc]

Offline renma

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 02:44:02 AM »
Question though, how many times per day/per week are you gonna do payouts?

Offline Alkhara

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 02:48:34 AM »
Question though, how many times per day/per week are you gonna do payouts?

Current plan is to do Friday's on EST as that works with my schedule. I will be heavily involved in the payouts to ensure that they run smoothly, so I have to take my own schedule into consideration. If there is differing opinions from the users on when payouts should happen and consensus is found for a different schedule then I am all ears and I can adapt.

Thanks,
Alkhara
 [ltc] [ltc]

Offline Alkhara

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 02:53:15 AM »
Weekly MH/s Lottery feature added to the site!

Thanks,
Alkhara
 [ltc] [ltc]

Offline renma

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2015, 03:02:52 AM »
Ah okay! Well, again, out of curiousity, you are aware with how Bee's website was compromised right? Shouldn't you have more security implemented in the payout window (i.e: 24 hours lockdown, or manual payout)

Because honestly, I'm pretty sure it will get ugly really soon if the very same people who broke into ltcgear were to break into yours too.

Offline Alkhara

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2015, 03:07:10 AM »
Ah okay! Well, again, out of curiousity, you are aware with how Bee's website was compromised right? Shouldn't you have more security implemented in the payout window (i.e: 24 hours lockdown, or manual payout)

Because honestly, I'm pretty sure it will get ugly really soon if the very same people who broke into ltcgear were to break into yours too.

Honestly, the only way beekeeper was compromised in a way that affect BTC payment addresses, was if his wordpress account was hacked. Other than that would have been direct control of his systems through a backdoor at which point I can almost guarantee all accounts have been drained. I am not worried about that, I enforce very strict password policies against myself being from the IT sector as well. My systems are under constant monitoring, and I have certifications in IT security.

If you do have any other questions, please feel free to ask! Also I have been pushing out a ton of updates so please do check them out.

Thanks,
Alkhara
 [ltc] [ltc]

Offline Alkhara

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2015, 03:12:37 AM »
Just as a heads up the following users do not have payment addresses set up:

eefelts04
ozcloudops
renma234
totscha

If you would like to get payment for the registration and login bonus please add payment addresses and coin choice to your billing section of your account page!

Thanks,
Alkhara
 [ltc] [ltc]

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2015, 03:13:48 AM »
Posting user account names isn't the most intelligent thing in the world to do.

For someone with a "security" background you should know better.

::)

Offline Alkhara

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2015, 03:20:37 AM »

I checked to make sure they didn't have ridiculous passwords first. For knowing security and understanding the means required to brute force a random password for niche group of users, yes it was OK.

; )

Thanks,
Alkhara
 [ltc] [ltc]

Offline altcoins

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2015, 04:31:35 AM »

I checked to make sure they didn't have ridiculous passwords first. For knowing security and understanding the means required to brute force a random password for niche group of users, yes it was OK.

; )

Thanks,
Alkhara
 [ltc] [ltc]
Pasting usernames is not OK dude, you'll never win a 'exposing usernames doesn't hurt security' argument with anyone in that space (ever :P) and it's pretty shitty in terms of your customers' privacy (what if they don't want to be publicly associated with your endeavour?)

Offline Alkhara

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2015, 04:33:34 AM »
Please, crack one account. It's not realistic. I wouldn't jeopardize my users. My account is administrator....good luck to you.

Offline altcoins

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2015, 04:40:48 AM »
Please, crack one account. It's not realistic. I wouldn't jeopardize my users. My account is administrator....good luck to you.
This kind of seems like I'm trolling but you're contradicting yourself mate :)  "Please, crack one account" = "I'm inviting/challenging strangers on internet tech forums to attack my systems" - if you've been in crypto more than 5 minutes you'll know that statements challenging others to attack you sometimes end badly - that's exactly "jeopardizing" your users :P

Offline Alkhara

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2015, 04:45:45 AM »
This kind of seems like I'm trolling but you're contradicting yourself mate :)  "Please, crack one account" = "I'm inviting/challenging strangers on internet tech forums to attack my systems" - if you've been in crypto more than 5 minutes you'll know that statements challenging others to attack you sometimes end badly - that's exactly "jeopardizing" your users :P

You called me out on security. I am telling you, no one will crack the accounts I listed or my own. It's not going to happen. If you can or anyone can, please do, it will bring the attention of the FBI because without Brute Force luck it's not happening.