Author Topic: LTCGear qAsic Cloud Mining  (Read 189924 times)

Offline SpacedCowboy

Re: LTCGear qAsic Cloud Mining
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2014, 12:52:38 AM »
has anyone received their "Orders which were sent and converted to Farm Shares will get 3 qASICs per FPGA (or 3/4 ASIC)."?

It's a trade-in. Have you sent your FPGA's back yet ?

And besides, it's only supposed to be available some time after June 29. There wasn't any deadline promised as far as I know.

Offline monkeydong1

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2014, 01:05:56 AM »
So the trade in announcement was made.. That's great, but still nothing new for now.

Offline SpacedCowboy

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2014, 03:05:29 AM »
Has anyone bought any of the ASIC farmshares?
I just want to verify something.
I bought a couple of the 180X asic shares, which according to the description says that that is equivalent to 18000 Khs... i.e. 180 asics * 100khs
but my farmshares list it as qAsic and Not asic... my asic farmshare says i received 180 qAsics, which would be aquivalent to 45 Asics.
anyone else get the same thing that had bought ASICS?

ASIC share and qASIC are different names for same thing. If you bought one ASIC share 180x package you should have 180 qASIC listed which is equal to 18 mH.

That's what I thought too, but I'm not sure of that any more. From the website:

The multiplication will be done in speed, 1 Farm$hare will go from 41kHs to 63 kHs, 1 ASIC Share will go from 65 kHs to 100 kHs.

The trade in program:
Base table:
Orders which were never sent will get 6 qASICs per FPGA (or one and a half ASIC), eg. one Scriptor 8X will get 48 qASICs

From the second bolded area above, 'q' in qAsiq clearly stands for 'quarter'. From the first bolded area, an ASIC will do 100kHash/sec, so a qAsic will therefore do 25kHash/sec.

It makes no sense for him to have two things meaning the same, when he clearly delineates that one is only a quarter of the other, so now I think it's possible the qAsic will do 25 kHash/sec.

On the other hand, when you buy these things on the site, they're listed as "<number of> ASIC shares", not number of qAsic shares. But then you get credited with qAsic shares.

However, it does also say (when you buy the ASIC shares) that each share is worth 100 kHash/sec, so maybe we just ought to go with that...

It's all very confusing...

Simon.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 03:11:57 AM by SpacedCowboy »

Offline Raw-H

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2014, 06:46:30 AM »
Has anyone bought any of the ASIC farmshares?
I just want to verify something.
I bought a couple of the 180X asic shares, which according to the description says that that is equivalent to 18000 Khs... i.e. 180 asics * 100khs
but my farmshares list it as qAsic and Not asic... my asic farmshare says i received 180 qAsics, which would be aquivalent to 45 Asics.
anyone else get the same thing that had bought ASICS?

ASIC share and qASIC are different names for same thing. If you bought one ASIC share 180x package you should have 180 qASIC listed which is equal to 18 mH.

That's what I thought too, but I'm not sure of that any more. From the website:

The multiplication will be done in speed, 1 Farm$hare will go from 41kHs to 63 kHs, 1 ASIC Share will go from 65 kHs to 100 kHs.

The trade in program:
Base table:
Orders which were never sent will get 6 qASICs per FPGA (or one and a half ASIC), eg. one Scriptor 8X will get 48 qASICs

From the second bolded area above, 'q' in qAsiq clearly stands for 'quarter'. From the first bolded area, an ASIC will do 100kHash/sec, so a qAsic will therefore do 25kHash/sec.

It makes no sense for him to have two things meaning the same, when he clearly delineates that one is only a quarter of the other, so now I think it's possible the qAsic will do 25 kHash/sec.

On the other hand, when you buy these things on the site, they're listed as "<number of> ASIC shares", not number of qAsic shares. But then you get credited with qAsic shares.

However, it does also say (when you buy the ASIC shares) that each share is worth 100 kHash/sec, so maybe we just ought to go with that...

It's all very confusing...

Simon.

qASICs stands for "Quantity of ASIC Shares". 1 qASIC = 1 ASIC Share = 0,25 ASIC = 100 KH/s

To further reduce your worries, I'm definitely getting 100KH/s per qASICs worth of litecoin per week ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 06:50:52 AM by Raw-H »

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2014, 06:48:13 AM »
The question is, does "per fpga" mean per board or...well...per fpga aka 8 per board?

Offline shubell

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2014, 11:23:01 AM »
has anyone received their "Orders which were sent and converted to Farm Shares will get 3 qASICs per FPGA (or 3/4 ASIC)."?

It's a trade-in. Have you sent your FPGA's back yet ?

And besides, it's only supposed to be available some time after June 29. There wasn't any deadline promised as far as I know.

Wondering if anyone has done that?
Any instructions on how this is going to work?
The funny thing is that the shipping fee will be larger than the worth of the scriptors ;)

Offline shubell

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2014, 11:31:16 AM »
The question is, does "per fpga" mean per board or...well...per fpga aka 8 per board?
per fpga is per chip... so the scriptors have 8 :) at least as i understand it

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2014, 11:58:17 AM »

doesn't make much sense though, all scriptors have 8 chips so why bother writing "per fpga", it's always the same plus if you get 8*400 khs you earn around 40$ per month, why would bee give you more than he charged in the first place? Thats why i think its 400 khs per board.

Offline shubell

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2014, 12:12:05 PM »
just got an email from chris like 10min ago
"Hi,

There will be a web page with all details on ltcgear.com sometime this week. Sorry for delay.

Best Regards,
Chris"

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2014, 12:15:43 PM »
Guess there are delays in every project ;D

Offline Scrappy Do

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2014, 08:11:39 PM »

doesn't make much sense though, all scriptors have 8 chips so why bother writing "per fpga", it's always the same plus if you get 8*400 khs you earn around 40$ per month, why would bee give you more than he charged in the first place? Thats why i think its 400 khs per board.

Scryptor lights only had 4 I thought.

Offline julian90090

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2014, 10:08:26 PM »
Beekeeper,
I'm moving in a week, and I've gotta send these boards back sooner then later. Can I send them back now, then do the form later?

Offline kitano

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2014, 11:29:39 AM »
Guess there are delays in every project ;D
Bee is traveling. And i think he knows that the x11 coins are not so profitable like a month ago. The asic farm needs a new project, over the LTC and FTC coins.

Offline monkeydong1

« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2014, 03:41:22 AM »
And another, week passing with difficulty jumping and still no trade in ready.
Guess who profit the most from it by giving delays ? Not me for sure.

Offline kitano

« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2014, 01:46:45 PM »
And another, week passing with difficulty jumping and still no trade in ready.
Guess who profit the most from it by giving delays ? Not me for sure.
Who? Bee? Bee gets his profit mining the altcoins and selling the asic shares.
With difficulty jumping, without a multipool or more scryptcoins to mine, for the shareholders it will be less profitable buying more shares in next future... We have not to forget that Bee is the only owner who offers to his customers the share multiplication every six weeks. I think he's working hard to find a solution for all of us.