Author Topic: LTCGear qAsic Cloud Mining  (Read 174947 times)

Offline iluvpcs

Re: LTCGear qAsic Cloud Mining
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 02:51:35 PM »
This rocks!  I never traded in any of my 'non' shipped equipment for farmshares yet, 6x is nice.

BeeKeeper - keep up the good work!

Offline organizer

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 03:02:01 PM »
Hi all,

Trying to get up to speed on how this system works! Does anyone know is the hashing power for x11 a 1:1 ratio? i.e. 10k KHs scrypt = 10k KHs X11?

I've been trying to find this type of info, but I didn't.

Thanks.

I'm not sure this will apply to any farm or asic shares, because he didn't announce the details.  In general however,  the X11 hashrate is about 3x the scrypt rate (i.e. 500kh scrypt will get about 1500kh with an X11 setup).  That doesn't mean you are going to mine 3x as many coins or make 3x as much by switching to X11.  That will depend largely on the difficulty and exchange rate of the coin you are considering. 

Once bee gives the details, you can go to Coinwarz and click on the Darkcoin mining calculator.  You can use that to see how many Darkcoins the conversion may produce for you and decide whether paying for it is worth the cost

Yeah, I understand the Scrypt/X11 in terms of GPU mining (with some of the optimized kernels it's now like 4-5x or so i think), but didn't really find anything in terms of Bee's products for new customers.

So am I right to assume as of now, none of the products available on the web site are x11 related? Again, sorry for noob like questions, but it's a little hard to figure all this out i think as a potential new customer.

axa

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 03:13:39 PM »
Hi all,

Trying to get up to speed on how this system works! Does anyone know is the hashing power for x11 a 1:1 ratio? i.e. 10k KHs scrypt = 10k KHs X11?

I've been trying to find this type of info, but I didn't.

Thanks.

I'm not sure this will apply to any farm or asic shares, because he didn't announce the details.  In general however,  the X11 hashrate is about 3x the scrypt rate (i.e. 500kh scrypt will get about 1500kh with an X11 setup).  That doesn't mean you are going to mine 3x as many coins or make 3x as much by switching to X11.  That will depend largely on the difficulty and exchange rate of the coin you are considering. 

Once bee gives the details, you can go to Coinwarz and click on the Darkcoin mining calculator.  You can use that to see how many Darkcoins the conversion may produce for you and decide whether paying for it is worth the cost

Yeah, I understand the Scrypt/X11 in terms of GPU mining (with some of the optimized kernels it's now like 4-5x or so i think), but didn't really find anything in terms of Bee's products for new customers.

So am I right to assume as of now, none of the products available on the web site are x11 related? Again, sorry for noob like questions, but it's a little hard to figure all this out i think as a potential new customer.

You assume correctly. All products mine either Litecoin or Feathercoin (your choice.) Chris notes on ltcgear.com that a modifier to be announced will allow shares to mine Darkcoin.

Offline wonko

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 05:27:57 PM »
This is amazing beekeeper, you went above and beyond expectations :D

Make sure not too work too hard and take a vacation every once in a while!

Offline alucard80

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 04:16:14 AM »
Has anyone bought any of the ASIC farmshares?
I just want to verify something.
I bought a couple of the 180X asic shares, which according to the description says that that is equivalent to 18000 Khs... i.e. 180 asics * 100khs
but my farmshares list it as qAsic and Not asic... my asic farmshare says i received 180 qAsics, which would be aquivalent to 45 Asics.
anyone else get the same thing that had bought ASICS?

Offline kitano

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 07:25:14 AM »
I bought some of Asic shares. Every share (qASICs)  is equivalent to 100 KH/s now and the payments was always correct.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 08:51:19 AM by kitano »

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2014, 08:49:25 AM »
Isnt it 100?

Offline kitano

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2014, 08:52:57 AM »
Isnt it 100?
Yes. I'm sorry. I wrote the post with the mobile phone. I edited it. 

Offline alucard80

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2014, 12:36:11 PM »
I bought some of Asic shares. Every share (qASICs)  is equivalent to 100 KH/s now and the payments was always correct.

my understanding from all the reading is that an ASIC is equivalent to 100 kh/s and that 4 qASIC is worth 1 ASIC.. so therefore that would mean that 1 qASIC is only 25 kh/s.   so is he selling ASIC shares or qASIC shares?..

I had bought 720 ASIC shares, but it's showing up in my wallet as 720 qASIC shares, which is only 180ASIC shares

Offline kitano

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2014, 12:45:03 PM »
Don't worry. qASICs is the symbol of the ASIC shares you bought.

axa

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2014, 01:33:48 PM »
Has anyone bought any of the ASIC farmshares?
I just want to verify something.
I bought a couple of the 180X asic shares, which according to the description says that that is equivalent to 18000 Khs... i.e. 180 asics * 100khs
but my farmshares list it as qAsic and Not asic... my asic farmshare says i received 180 qAsics, which would be aquivalent to 45 Asics.
anyone else get the same thing that had bought ASICS?

ASIC share and qASIC are different names for same thing. If you bought one ASIC share 180x package you should have 180 qASIC listed which is equal to 18 mH.

Offline elpasta

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2014, 03:23:50 PM »
Yeap 1qAsic = 1Asic, you get 100khz for every Asic Share...
 :)

Offline Kim Jong-un

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2014, 05:22:26 PM »
Does anyone use the feathercoin option?

Offline worldlybedouin

• Elite Member
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2014, 05:39:34 PM »
Does anyone use the feathercoin option?

Nope.  Sorry to say, but I stopped mining FTC a long time ago.  I havent' kept up with it and presumed it was one of those coins which was withering on the vine.

Offline Kim Jong-un

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2014, 05:59:50 PM »
It never seems to be worth as much to mine as the  [ltc] option, which makes me wonder why someone might choose it, or why it's even on there