Author Topic: Litecoin Mining Comparison  (Read 10677 times)

Offline wiggl3r

Re: Litecoin Mining Comparison
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 06:55:54 PM »
Just because there are no scrypt miners that are being sold right now does not mean companies have not made their own scrypt miners for internal use? Something to think about

Offline AmDD

• I like coins
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 07:26:18 PM »
Not only that but the ones that have been sold in the past are still out there. People with cheap electric can still mine at a profit as well as people using the miners as heaters.

Offline wiggl3r

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 08:06:20 PM »
Also I am fairly confident ( and this is nothing but a gut feeling) that zeus AND bitmain actually built and are using their Volcanoes and L1 miners.

Could be wrong tho, but thats just me.

Offline kingcolex

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 10:05:39 PM »
Well I decided to bite the bullet because I found an amazing deal on Ebay of all the places. I paid 115$ for a thunder X3 (28-30mh) and it came with a Cougar GX 1050w PSU. Seemed like a great deal to me and since I have Pi's laying around no other real cost to set up, that and it has been cold it will make a nice heater.

Offline Ǫ̶̷̕͜Ź̛ḿ͜a͞͞͠͏ś̡͟͠͡t́͏é̴r

• Crypto is the future!
    • Coinbar
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 10:13:27 PM »
Well I decided to bite the bullet because I found an amazing deal on Ebay of all the places. I paid 115$ for a thunder X3 (28-30mh) and it came with a Cougar GX 1050w PSU. Seemed like a great deal to me and since I have Pi's laying around no other real cost to set up, that and it has been cold it will make a nice heater.

wow sounds like a good price, cheap electricity + dont forget some people mine other coins besides litcoin in the hope they will rise,, for me and my fury bought september 2014 DogeD turned out a pretty profitable deal with only a few days of mining ;), holding coins for some time might have suprising results

Offline kingcolex

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 10:59:47 PM »

wow sounds like a good price, cheap electricity + dont forget some people mine other coins besides litcoin in the hope they will rise,, for me and my fury bought september 2014 DogeD turned out a pretty profitable deal with only a few days of mining ;), holding coins for some time might have suprising results
Well I think I am going to mine alts and convert them Litecoin, I know this is in a way helping the pump and dump shit coins but it's the best way to get as much LTC for my hashrate.

Offline echos

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2015, 05:35:59 PM »
Again, I do not vouch for how legit the companies are. That is for you to decide. Until they go bankrupt or announce that they will not ship, I will list them.

My personal opinion is that most mining companies started out with honest intentions but making ASIC:s is not easy. Plus the BTC and LTC nosedive didn't help.

I invested with Alpha myself and I still, naively, hope that they will ship.

Even the Titans that did ship have had some quality issues.

Help everyone by taking out MinersLab products beacuse they are scam. Check in Internet by "MinersLab scam".

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 09:07:02 AM »
Takes no genius to know that they are scam....

20nm chips and 8 TH of power - lol

Offline EiZ

• Litecoin Mining Comparison
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 09:39:45 PM »
I guess those who got their KnC Titans are using theirs. It is also unclear how ltcgear.com is using their capacity while their payment system is "down". There are also rumors that some ltc miner providers purposely delay delivery to customers to mine. Regardless. mining ltc in any capacity at the moment is speculation that the price  will rise.

Offline Mattzees

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2015, 02:22:58 PM »

...mining ltc in any capacity at the moment is speculation that the price  will rise.

And the price has risen about 300% since this thread was last updated.

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 05:08:19 AM »
So currently there are no scrypt miners worth buying right now? Then why is there such a difficulty on litecoin right now?

got to be the folk that went from other pow scrypt alts to LTC and the multipools etc

also just folk hoping for 20 buck LTC again and turning their machines on

or hell maybe someone in china has been making their own LTC chips on the side and are now turning on the farms (it would be what i'd do as an evil crypto genius)

i have 2 titans and I"m confused as well about this

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2015, 05:57:06 AM »
So currently there are no scrypt miners worth buying right now? Then why is there such a difficulty on litecoin right now?

yep....i've got two titan(s) mining at about 450 usd profit a month after elec now with LTC at somewhat below 3 bucks ....not looking so good even in my situation
anything less then 110mh is not worth mining at my 13c kwh elec rate even if someone gave me the unit (sorta kinda I'd take it but you get my drift) :)

what this all means I've no clue except some 'cheaper' (still overpriced) scrypt miners on Ebay I would imagine (or not ebay is mysterious to me) :)

Again rumors of an Innsilicon A4 scrypt chip someday ..but considering that may ALL go to their own data halls like the other big boys have done
and/or at 3 buck LTC and pow/scrypt prices now ..they could/may/stop/hold off or whatever on such for a variety of reasons

there are some interesting attempts at 'open source' btc miner projects but if they can't get some of the latest chips that whole direction is moot ..I would
imagine it would be the same for scrypt chips ...all go to data halls for internal use for the folk that developed the chip (knc for example) or they again
just can't pull the trigger because LTC and pow/scrypt prices are too low to justify any new ASIC equip ventures even in the personal data hall guess on my part

anyway only rumor i heard is the above....but again probably has more to do with pricing of LTC and pow/scrypt coins now if it is worth it or not to pull the trigger on anyone making a new scrypt/pow ASIC miner of any kind now....is the bigger question...hell I don't even hear of any rumors of the 'design' of next gen chips on paper for pow/scrypt LTC type units...at least I hear ASIC  mnfg say that for BTC future endeavors (true or not) ...even thou they may have (at current low  btc prices) the same problem of pulling the trigger on units making new generation units at this time

pretty muddled imho :)

« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 06:15:02 AM by Searing »