Author Topic: What happend to LTC/BTC?  (Read 3561 times)

Offline schaapje

What happend to LTC/BTC?
« on: January 05, 2015, 04:15:35 PM »
Hey all,

I didn't pay attention to litecoin in quite a while. Today I had some time and checked LTC/usd and LTC/BTC and was kinda shocked.
I don't really care about LTC/usd but since July we went from LTC/BTC 0.033 to 0.007 today. Can someone tell me why? Does litecoin still expand or develop? Did Bitcoin have some great news that makes it more valuable than litecoin now than in July?

I would like to know what the plan is for the next 6 months/ this year regarding litecoin. Are we trying to get accepted on coinbase? Do we add new features to litecoin client? Thanks a lot for your replies. I don't own that much litecoin but it still makes me sad to see LTC/BTC being so low.

Offline Turkishgreek

Re: What happend to LTC/BTC?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 06:03:02 PM »
Really it seems a bit disappointing as LTC continues to fall. I would also be happy if there were some suggestions and even some prophecy about the future of LTC :)

Offline kmg

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 06:47:35 PM »
One of the reasons for LTC/BTC ratio falling (in my opinion) is a lot more newly mined LTC being converted to BTC than before.  If there are no answers to your other questions, that also might be one of the reasons.

Offline treasure_finder

• Litecoin Association Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 07:38:53 PM »
All alt-coins are suffering right now, which includes LTC.  Later this year the block reward will halve, at which time I believe we'll see a strong rebound of the BTC/LTC ratio.

Offline Dr_Mobius

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 10:07:52 PM »
Fear not! The volume of LTC is astronomical compared to BTC. In the Chinese market of course, which I believe is important.

I have faith that this coin will rebound higher than ever. Give it few months for the coin to adjust and correct its value. But the Chinese sure do love the price of LTC. Keep Hodling. 8)

In the mean time, check out bitcoinwisdom.com and see the volumes for yourself. This is the best time to get in on the action!

Offline treasure_finder

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 03:32:50 AM »
But the Chinese sure do love the price of LTC. Keep Hodling. 8)

Yeah, they love it so much they're selling it every chance they get to drive the price as low as they can.  I've held my LTC for years now, never selling, even when I had thousands of coins and the price hit almost $50.  That's someone who believes in the coin.

Offline artilectinc

• Elite Member
  • Troll Paladin
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 03:36:26 AM »

Yeah, they love it so much they're selling it every chance they get to drive the price as low as they can.  I've held my LTC for years now, never selling, even when I had thousands of coins and the price hit almost $50.  That's someone who believes in the coin.

It wasn't the Chinese.  At least Yuan holders.  You can blame good old Americans for the crash.

Offline Smoothie

• VIP Donator
  • ► ► ► WWW.LEALANA.COM ► ► ►
    • LEALANA UNFUNDED PHYSICAL LITECOINS
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 06:53:13 AM »

I give you props for not selling.

At the $$30-$48 price I was unloading as many LTC as I had at the time. The $1 billion market cap valuation at the time to me was unjustified and thus a bubble.

I believe Litecoin is a great network that is and has been honest and open from day 1. But for me that doesn't mean I can't sell some here and there to speculate on the price.

I hope the price goes lower...then those who are willing can back the truck up and load up on LTC.

Offline Dr_Mobius

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 07:11:11 PM »

How do you know they are dumping? I figure that they are exchanging and hording the coins. I guess the negative numbers in red means they are selling and positive green numbers means they are purchasing? I'm looking at bitcoinwisdom.com

Anyhow, I hope it continues to drop so that I can purchase moar. I purchased $1000 @ 2.87. Sorta kicking myself.

Offline wiggl3r

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 07:25:35 PM »

LOL!!! "Thats somebody who was too greedy to take profits"

Fixed it for you bud :P

Offline heatherr

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 12:46:52 PM »
it will more down 0.9

Offline treasure_finder

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 02:15:31 PM »

LOL!!! "Thats somebody who was too greedy to take profits"

Fixed it for you bud :P

Wow, thanks for the insult.  No, what happened was the fact that I have never played any markets before, and didn't know what to do, so I panic held.  In hindsight don't we all wish we sold at the top?