Author Topic: [ANN] [ALPHA] LiteVault - A wallet similar to blockchain.info for Litecoin  (Read 19370 times)

Offline NattyLightCoin

• Planet Saver
Re: [ANN] [ALPHA] LiteVault - A wallet similar to blockchain.info for Litecoin
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2015, 05:04:13 AM »
Looks promising, I hit you up with a couple of coins, keep up the nice work.

Offline Someguy123

• Owner and operator of explorer.litecoin.net
    • Litecoin Block Explorer
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2015, 06:16:16 PM »
Looks promising, I hit you up with a couple of coins, keep up the nice work.

Thanks

------

UPDATE: Bug fix pushed out, addresses were appearing in the transactions tab when generated, issue fixed and live.

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2015, 07:39:18 PM »
UPDATE: Lot's of small client-side reliability improvements pushed out. Should prevent minor network errors causing rendering to fail, adjusted error messages to be more meaningful, added additional error handling.

Offline newb1

• Litecoin Association Member
    • www.litecoinlearner.com
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2015, 10:49:43 PM »
We need a web wallet like this for litecoin , too many people keep falling for that instant-e.com scam. Great work someguy!!

Sadly it took a ridiculous amount of effort to build this thing, and it's going to take effort to maintain it. I have my doubts that very few people are going to donate to the service, making my time better spent elsewhere :(.

What is the cost of running a site lite like this? In other words, what amount of donations do you need to receive to keep this site up and running / worth your time?

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2015, 11:00:25 PM »
We need a web wallet like this for litecoin , too many people keep falling for that instant-e.com scam. Great work someguy!!

Sadly it took a ridiculous amount of effort to build this thing, and it's going to take effort to maintain it. I have my doubts that very few people are going to donate to the service, making my time better spent elsewhere :(.

What is the cost of running a site lite like this? In other words, what amount of donations do you need to receive to keep this site up and running / worth your time?

The dedicated server is around $60/mo, this may change as the site grows. Virtual servers are not an option (unless they're hosted on my own dedicated servers) for security reasons.
At least a few $100 a month would ensure my attention is kept to the project, but be aware that most developers spending this much time on a project for their company would be paid much more than that.

The amount of money I'm wanting to see isn't much, and if every person who viewed this thread donated just $1, I would have over $1000 in donations. Some people have been kind enough to donate recently, and it's getting close to pay off a month of my dedicated server, but I feel it might be a long time before I get enough donations to compensate the time I'm spending on this.

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2015, 12:04:06 AM »

The dedicated server is around $60/mo, this may change as the site grows. Virtual servers are not an option (unless they're hosted on my own dedicated servers) for security reasons.
At least a few $100 a month would ensure my attention is kept to the project, but be aware that most developers spending this much time on a project for their company would be paid much more than that.

The amount of money I'm wanting to see isn't much, and if every person who viewed this thread donated just $1, I would have over $1000 in donations. Some people have been kind enough to donate recently, and it's getting close to pay off a month of my dedicated server, but I feel it might be a long time before I get enough donations to compensate the time I'm spending on this.

People are less likely to donate when Litecoin is tanking , that's why you should look into ads and integration with a gambling site.

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2015, 06:40:25 PM »
The site will go offline for a few minutes at 2014-01-05 7:30 PM GMT (2:30PM EST) for a planned server migration. It may take up to an hour or longer for the DNS changes to take affect, however for most users, the site should be back online within 5-10 minutes.

Alert placed on website to inform users.

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2015, 07:36:17 PM »
Litevault server migration completed and successful. You may get a cloudflare error until your DNS updates, but should be working for most.

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2015, 01:49:16 AM »
added litevault to sidebar under wallets http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/

also litevault is still not showing on google when I search for "litecoin web wallet"

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2015, 05:52:31 AM »
added litevault to sidebar under wallets http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/

also litevault is still not showing on google when I search for "litecoin web wallet"

I'll go through and try to improve my SEO, honestly it's probably just going to take time, too many places link to instant-e giving them a high search position.

Also UPDATE: Server crashed last night, apparently the supervisor script I used, "nodemon" doesn't auto-restart on crash, only on file changes. Changed monitoring script to ForeverJS so this shouldn't happen again.

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2015, 11:41:39 AM »
UPDATE: Attempted to improve SEO, made adjustments to make the site better on mobiles, added twitter widget because sometimes I post Litevault news updates on there.

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2015, 08:33:36 PM »
If anyone knows why Litevault is still hard to find on Google (search litecoin web wallet, or litecoin online wallet, you won't find Litevault), please let me know ASAP. Every SEO site says it's all pretty much fine.

UPDATE: Added privacy policy, footer, fixed nav so the correct page looks active.

EDIT: Apparently for "twitter cards" (which I set up yesterday or the day before), I have to submit my URL for whitelisting (why did nowhere tell me this). This might help Litevault look a little more legitimate when people tweet about it:

EDIT 2: Looks like twitter are fast. Approved within like 2-3 minutes

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 08:43:41 PM by Someguy123 »

Offline Forceflow

• Elite Member
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2015, 08:36:40 PM »
If anyone knows why Litevault is still hard to find on Google (search litecoin web wallet, or litecoin online wallet, you won't find Litevault), please let me know ASAP. Every SEO site says it's all pretty much fine.

UPDATE: Added privacy policy, footer, fixed nav so the correct page looks active.

I noticed my site's Google rankings increase as I searched for the name of my site and clicked and as new content kept coming.  It seems like you're at 8 (the about page) when I search for "litevault."  Hopefully in a week you'll be #1 (no reason bitvault and articles about your site but not your site come up before your site other than site age).

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2015, 08:40:16 PM »

I noticed my site's Google rankings increase as I searched for the name of my site and clicked and as new content kept coming.  It seems like you're at 8 (the about page) when I search for "litevault."  Hopefully in a week you'll be #1 (no reason bitvault and articles about your site but not your site come up before your site other than site age).

That's what I was thinking. I guess as more sites link to it, and give it a little time, then hopefully my service should start appearing properly ranked.

Offline Forceflow

• Elite Member
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2015, 08:43:18 PM »

That's what I was thinking. I guess as more sites link to it, and give it a little time, then hopefully my service should start appearing properly ranked.

http://rapidwebseo.com/matt-cutts-does-domain-age-really-matter.php