Author Topic: [ANN] [ALPHA] LiteVault - A wallet similar to blockchain.info for Litecoin  (Read 18017 times)

Offline qqq

Re: [ANN] [ALPHA] LiteVault - A wallet similar to blockchain.info for Litecoin
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 07:17:24 AM »
Hey,

another bug: if you delete some addresses, they are seen in the 'send from address' select box. It's fixed if you relog.
And a question: is it possible to reconstruct all keys with the shared_key from the export file?

Offline Someguy123

• Owner and operator of explorer.litecoin.net
    • Litecoin Block Explorer
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 08:08:51 AM »
We need a web wallet like this for litecoin , too many people keep falling for that instant-e.com scam. Great work someguy!!

Sadly it took a ridiculous amount of effort to build this thing, and it's going to take effort to maintain it. I have my doubts that very few people are going to donate to the service, making my time better spent elsewhere :(.

Throw some Litecoin related ads on there , I'm sure you'll make enough to keep the site running and then some. Also incorporate a gambling site into the wallet , like how you could play Satoshi Dice in Blockchain.info, with a nice gui this site has huge potential.

Page doesn't load...is it working for someone else?

Main site loads fine , check here http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ 

maybe it's the snow on the internet lines in Hawaii  :P

Can confirm no downtime at that point AFAIK. It's definitely working over here.

As for advertising, I have to be careful to only do first-party ads, i.e. people pay me directly for advertising with an IMAGE. If I put CoinURL ads on the site, it puts users at risk, as they could inject javascript into the page and steal peoples wallet funds. As for gambling, I guess if a gambling site wanted to sponsor me, then I'd be happy to do that, I could run my own gambling site, but that requires a large investment to start it up.

Hey,

another bug: if you delete some addresses, they are seen in the 'send from address' select box. It's fixed if you relog.
And a question: is it possible to reconstruct all keys with the shared_key from the export file?

Bug fixed, try now.
As for the shared key, it's slightly misleading, we don't store your password in any way, and never send it to the server; so the "shared key" is a random password generated when you first create your wallet, stored on the server, and in your encrypted wallet. It acts as a write-only password. It's how we know you actually own your wallet when your browser wants to overwrite it with a new copy, or change any account settings.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 08:17:40 AM by Someguy123 »

Offline Smoothie

• VIP Donator
  • ► ► ► WWW.LEALANA.COM ► ► ►
    • LEALANA UNFUNDED PHYSICAL LITECOINS
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 08:15:36 AM »
We need a web wallet like this for litecoin , too many people keep falling for that instant-e.com scam. Great work someguy!!

Sadly it took a ridiculous amount of effort to build this thing, and it's going to take effort to maintain it. I have my doubts that very few people are going to donate to the service, making my time better spent elsewhere :(.

Throw some Litecoin related ads on there , I'm sure you'll make enough to keep the site running and then some. Also incorporate a gambling site into the wallet , like how you could play Satoshi Dice in Blockchain.info, with a nice gui this site has huge potential.

lol no all the snow pretty much melted on Mauna Kea a few weeks ago.

It might be this wind storm we are having currently.  :P

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 08:23:58 AM »

As for advertising, I have to be careful to only do first-party ads, i.e. people pay me directly for advertising with an IMAGE. If I put CoinURL ads on the site, it puts users at risk, as they could inject javascript into the page and steal peoples wallet funds. As for gambling, I guess if a gambling site wanted to sponsor me, then I'd be happy to do that, I could run my own gambling site, but that requires a large investment to start it up.

Hey,

Bug fixed, try now.
As for the shared key, it's slightly misleading, we don't store your password in any way, and never send it to the server; so the "shared key" is a random password generated when you first create your wallet, stored on the server, and in your encrypted wallet. It acts as a write-only password. It's how we know you actually own your wallet when your browser wants to overwrite it with a new copy, or change any account settings.

The most important thing right now would be some SEO , you need Litevault to show up 1st on Google search
 https://www.google.com/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=-6anVKSGEKuC8Qe82IDoCg&gws_rd=ssl,cr&fg=1#q=litecoin+web+wallet
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 11:07:33 AM by Bossman »

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 02:54:28 PM »

Hey,

Bug fixed, try now.

The most important thing right now would be some SEO , you need Litevault to show up 1st on Google search
 https://www.google.com/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=-6anVKSGEKuC8Qe82IDoCg&gws_rd=ssl,cr&fg=1#q=litecoin+web+wallet

Instant-e does absolutely no SEO and is at the top of the results. I've updated the title of the home page to "LiteVault - Secure Online Web Wallet" which should help get us to the top of that list quickly. I would set up meta tags and other things, but I've found that to be anti-productive with Google's changes in the past few years, sites that try the least for SEO, end up on top.

EDIT: Added Litevault to my webmasters account and submitted the site to indexing, they've already scanned my site, so it should end up on Google rather quickly
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:20:26 PM by Someguy123 »

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2015, 03:43:18 PM »
Update: adjusted my server configs so everything redirects properly to https://www.

Also set up HTTP Strict Transport Security which prevents users being downgraded to http:// on insecure networks.

Offline Forceflow

• Elite Member
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2015, 05:36:06 PM »
Update: adjusted my server configs so everything redirects properly to https://www.

Also set up HTTP Strict Transport Security which prevents users being downgraded to http:// on insecure networks.

I'm interested in using this site, I believe it will be very popular because everyone's been looking for this for years (only with real security like you've done).

Offline Anthony85

• Doublecoin
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2015, 06:27:23 PM »

I'm interested in using this site, I believe it will be very popular because everyone's been looking for this for years (only with real security like you've done).

I will definitely use it and can't wait to donate some litecoin for it

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2015, 06:46:30 PM »
Will check it out once I have some free time.

Nice work!

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2015, 01:47:37 AM »
Update: Public trello board with planned features https://trello.com/b/IjsJaaw4/litevault

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2015, 03:18:00 AM »
Update: Transaction listing mostly works. Haven't had time to make it work smoothly (only updates when you log out and back in), but will fix that soon.

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2015, 03:55:50 AM »
Update again: Transaction listing removed due to a site-breaking bug. Site rolled back to last good version.

Will put it back once I've fixed the feature.

Offline NattyLightCoin

• Planet Saver
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2015, 03:56:10 AM »
Is it currently not working? I received my identifier after establishing my password and it just gets stuck on the login page.

Once it's starts clicking this will be awesome, I like using .info.

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2015, 03:57:34 AM »
Is it currently not working? I received my identifier after establishing my password and it just gets stuck on the login page.

Once it's starts clicking this will be awesome, I like using .info.
Sorry about that, check my previous post. I rolled out a new feature without testing it thoroughly enough, causing the site to break for some users. Rolled back and it should be working now, try shift-refresh if it doesn't.

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2015, 04:03:37 AM »
Update: transaction listings is live again. Sorry for the inconvenience it caused (the login button broke for some users, minor user interface bug, no wallets affected)