Author Topic: Fibonacci.io Lawsuit  (Read 17843 times)

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
Fibonacci.io Lawsuit
« on: November 07, 2014, 05:14:15 AM »
We are proceeding with a lawsuit against Fibonacci. Atomic and I spoke with Christopher Hopkins at Akerman LLC. He's the lawyer who brought suit on behalf of investors against Lab Rats Data Processing and he has experience in this area.

We have a strategy and groundwork in place. There are, of course, substantial legal costs required. Atomic and I are going to shoulder these costs to get the ball rolling on a lawsuit. More people, parties, and claims may be added along the way.

Under Florida law, once we file our lawsuit and it is served, the defendants will have 20 days to respond. That could be completed in December or January.

Our suit is likely going to pave the way for others who may have claims. We may add other parties to join us. We may add other defendants to the list. We are going to use the discovery process and subpoena power to investigate and shed light on what has been going on. Even if you do not have a claim, you will be able to see this unfold in the public eye. We feel it is time to bring some sunshine on Fibonacci and recover our losses.

But it is hard for the two of us to be out money and to then pay lawyers. We could use some help. We are seeking donations to assist our legal fund. We will use every donation towards legal fees and costs – we will not keep a cent. A donation is just that: a donation.

It does not make you a party to the suit. It does not include you in the attorney-client relationship. It's not an investment of some kind in our suit or something upon which you would get a return. It is simply a contribution, without strings, for us to use towards our legal fees and costs. Nothing else.

We're asking for contributions of $200 per person but we will gladly accept whatever contribution you feel is appropriate at the below addresses.

LTC - LSamSoMPLB8xDc1TbezmYbkAZdvhBfUVTy

BTC - 1254dxtXcsZaHMLKg2No1pUgxm4Xt3MtUS

For those who contribute, upon approval of our counsel, we will keep you up to date on the process, send you copies of the actual court filings, and let you know if we are looking to add new plaintiffs or even a second lawsuit to include more people.

If you send a donation please send me a PM with Txid.

Warm Regards,

Charles

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
Re: Fibonacci.io Lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 05:14:36 AM »
Thanks Sukarti.

Please keep in mind we're looking to help the community regardless of what is done in terms of donations, as we don't expect much in terms of contribution, and I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to contribute, since we aren't offering anything attractive for those donations. With what has been seen to date, I know I question the resolve of some of the people that expressed interest in pursuing a case, so by moving forward ourselves, we don't need to worry about people losing interest, or jeopardizing our case.

Both Sukarti and I will indeed see this through the end and the path will hopefully be made for others to pursue.

My primary goal in this is to make it a bit less attractive for others contemplating running off money, as the scams seem to run rampant in Cyrptos. Every new technology is a wild west that has to be tamed a bit, and the people bringing a negative light to Cryptos need to be held accountable. As Sukarti mentioned, we will share as much as our counsel allows.

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 05:14:55 AM »
Figured a dedicated thread was more appropriate for long term usage.

Offline Forceflow

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 05:50:32 AM »
Good luck!  Clearly you've compiled a compendium of blatant misrepresentations that Jasin Lee used to induce people to give him money.  Nail him for this fraud and send a message to the other charlatans that this crap won't end well for scammers.

Offline atomicchaos

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 06:00:53 AM »
Good luck!  Clearly you've compiled a compendium of blatant misrepresentations that Jasin Lee used to induce people to give him money.  Nail him for this fraud and send a message to the other charlatans that this crap won't end well for scammers.

You hit the nail on the head, the scamming needs to stop, or at least for those that try to be held accountable so less people line up behind them thinking this is a easy way to make money.

Offline organizer

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 03:18:07 PM »
We are proceeding with a lawsuit against Fibonacci. Atomic and I spoke with Christopher Hopkins at Akerman LLC. He's the lawyer who brought suit on behalf of investors against Lab Rats Data Processing and he has experience in this area.

Is this guy on board though as the attorney of record? Under retainer?

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 03:45:59 PM »

Offline cashman

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 03:56:23 PM »
Good luck here.

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 05:40:28 AM »
Sukarti and atomicchaos,

I think it would be very beneficial to have a third party contact Christopher Hopkins at Akerman LLC and confirm they are working the case. Might bring in some additional help in the form of donations :).

Offline LTCGearShares

• Check out LTCGearShares.net!
    • LTCGearShares . net
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 07:04:17 AM »
I will be following this and perhaps donating soon! As a victim of scamming during my very first transaction ever with bitcoin -- I have a deep-seeded sense of justice due to people who scam. It makes my blood boil.

It would also be interesting for users to add a bit of the story to the post -- so people who don't know of the details don't have to refer to googling (I personally had no idea who they were and had to google :P)

Sucks, scamming happens way too often within every aspect of life. Even "legit" companies will find ways to cut corners. For instance: GAW unplugged my S3 over a month ago, but have yet to ship -- same thing happened to multiple people I know. Pales in comparison to a true scam, but still shows their true colors.

Best of luck.

Offline pumpbreaks

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 12:03:44 PM »
its the cheek of him that got me [ltc]

Offline atomicchaos

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 05:18:59 PM »
Sukarti and atomicchaos,

I think it would be very beneficial to have a third party contact Christopher Hopkins at Akerman LLC and confirm they are working the case. Might bring in some additional help in the form of donations :).

That is precisely why we provided his name, of course with his full permission.

It should also be noted that he is quite established in Cryptos, and will be speaking at the bitcoin conference in Miami. He has some papers written on many emerging topics and the guy is quite fascinating. I'd highly recommend googling him and checking out some of his publications.

Offline Xircom

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 01:17:45 PM »
I think we need to look in our way as well.
We should start to remove the possibilities to use Alias in the Crypto world in general, that would prevent a lot of hiding..
It starts by our self and then it will be adapted to the businesses around the world.

Offline carface

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 08:15:06 PM »
Do you think a successful lawsuit will help investors outside of the US as well? I am from the UK and thinking about donating but wondering if it could benefit me.

Offline Smoothie

• VIP Donator
  • ► ► ► WWW.LEALANA.COM ► ► ►
    • LEALANA UNFUNDED PHYSICAL LITECOINS
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 08:23:07 PM »
Do you think a successful lawsuit will help investors outside of the US as well? I am from the UK and thinking about donating but wondering if it could benefit me.

If a successful lawsuit ensues in the US first then it is more likely customers outside of the US will have less to receive if there are only so many assets fib has to sell etc.