Author Topic: [ANN] LTC-Wallet.com - Secure online Litecoin wallet  (Read 40278 times)

Offline ShadowBroker

• Lets see just how deep your pockets can go.
Re: [ANN] LTC-Wallet.com - Secure online Litecoin wallet
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2013, 10:31:15 PM »
Someguy123, this also needs to be pointed to the accusations since it falls under both "obvious scams/ponzi schemes" as well as "accusations SCAMMER" since toork is still allowed and has an active profile on this forum, thanks. https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,4822.msg35131.html#msg35131

Offline Chuck Finley

« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2013, 08:15:10 AM »
Can anybody on the dev team track this sucker down?

publish some personal info.

Unless I'm missing something there's nothing they can do to track him down (at least not in their capacity as litecoin devs - but they may be super sleuths on the side!)

To those people who take pleasure from the misfortunes of others: if you're invested in crypto at all you shouldn't be laughing. While those directly affected may have lost more LTC scams like this do affect us all (and not just LTC but the crypto-community) because the scammier and shadier crypto coins seem the less people will want to have to do with them and if we really want LTC (or another coin) to take off we want to be bringing in more and more users not driving them away.

Offline maco

• LITECOIN NEWS APP
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2013, 09:58:43 AM »
I don't think this scammer will be returning any LTC.. At this rate, all signs point to one thing... it was a robbery.

Offline maco

• LITECOIN NEWS APP
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2013, 10:09:30 AM »
Hey, if there is still funds in the balance, what is possible in this situation?

Offline dawie

« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2013, 06:20:45 PM »
I would suggest we offer all the money in the wallets lost as a reward for anybody capable of locating the guy.  That will make the ultimate crypto currency community news globally if someone succeeds in finding him.

Offline maco

• LITECOIN NEWS APP
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2013, 07:06:41 PM »
Say we find him Dawie, then what?

Offline ClamatoJohnson

« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2013, 07:23:46 PM »
Then you can send all the passive aggressive logical fallacy ridden damage control to him that you want
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 07:30:18 PM by ClamatoJohnson »

Offline odie158

« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2013, 02:50:10 AM »
This is terrible! I am saddened by everyone's loss. I too registered for this service but decided not to transfer any coin in until later. It looks like I dodged a bullet. If anyone knows if I have endangered myself by registering please let me know. I think I am ok though.
I don't have too many coins and can ill afford to loose them. I mined my first coin over the course of a month with my laptop so my coins have some sentimental value to me too. I was also scammed out of 5 coins on ebay so my heart goes out to those who lost.

Offline slipage

« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2013, 12:08:44 PM »
This appears to be a repeat of mybitcoin.com + pirate's bitcoin savings & trust.

People who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

I don't mean to be offensive, but rather blunt.

Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Feathercoin etc. are meant to give YOU, yes YOU (the user) the power of storing your wealth/money which only you can access when you need to exchange etc.

The thought process of "I'll just store my coins on X-site" needs to be changed to "I'll only store Y% of my total coins on a site when doing A, B, C".

The analogy is simple, if you don't have possession of your coins (meaning the only one to have access to the password(s) to encrypted wallets or your private key), you don't own it.

Just like gold and silver. If you store it in a bank or in a third-party vault, you are taking a risk of the operator of the bank/vault taking your wealth.

Please be safe people, be smart, and please learn from others mistakes in the past. This mistake has already been done many times in the bitcoin community with ACTUAL bitcoins in the worth of tens of thousands of dollars to many millions.

Smoothie, "blunt" is just a synonym of the "I told you so" rub on face remarks in this context. It is easy to tell who are the individuals that did not lose anything from this awful scam (this would be including yourself) because you wouldn't be posting these I told you so's or "blunt" comments to the people that lost LTC, Im sure you wouldn't like it just as little as anybody.
So "if you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all" *Thumper from Bambi* There is nothing but contempt against the people that keep leaving negative feedback for the scam victims. I suppose I assumed that since you have some seniority on these forums you would set an example rather than reiterate what has been annoyingly and inconsiderately repeated over the past weekend, great way to set the tone for senior members and admin.

How about you take this advice and learn from it instead of attacking anyone explaining the scam. There's a reason why he's a admin with over 100 posts, and also a reason why most people who posted they lost coins are new users with under 5 posts. The next lot of newbies will hopefully read over these so call "I told you so" posts you claim and be more cautious in the future.

Offline coinminersam

« Reply #129 on: July 05, 2013, 12:51:37 PM »
I cannot believe by reading the comments on here how many people actually fell for this scam, it's scary ...

12% interest..... Seriously?????

Not everyone signed up because of this, I only wanted a place to store my litecoins online, I didn't even know about the interest feature until recently.

Really these "I told you so" type messages are useless . Do you want to rub salt in people's wounds? If your grandmother was ripped off by a scam would you say "well gran you learnt an important lesson"I lost 500+ coins to this piece of shit but others have lost much more.

I too had no idea about the interest. I just needed an online wallet. I was in a rush and just chose one that came up on the top of google search results. I know this is irresponsible. I was going to move them to Litecoin Qt....I just forgot to get around to it. Then I went online to finally do it, and the site was down. Then I learnt about my mistake...

$250 worth...

Offline ShadowBroker

• Lets see just how deep your pockets can go.
« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2013, 09:15:40 PM »
This appears to be a repeat of mybitcoin.com + pirate's bitcoin savings & trust.

People who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

I don't mean to be offensive, but rather blunt.

Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Feathercoin etc. are meant to give YOU, yes YOU (the user) the power of storing your wealth/money which only you can access when you need to exchange etc.

The thought process of "I'll just store my coins on X-site" needs to be changed to "I'll only store Y% of my total coins on a site when doing A, B, C".

The analogy is simple, if you don't have possession of your coins (meaning the only one to have access to the password(s) to encrypted wallets or your private key), you don't own it.

Just like gold and silver. If you store it in a bank or in a third-party vault, you are taking a risk of the operator of the bank/vault taking your wealth.

Please be safe people, be smart, and please learn from others mistakes in the past. This mistake has already been done many times in the bitcoin community with ACTUAL bitcoins in the worth of tens of thousands of dollars to many millions.

Smoothie, "blunt" is just a synonym of the "I told you so" rub on face remarks in this context. It is easy to tell who are the individuals that did not lose anything from this awful scam (this would be including yourself) because you wouldn't be posting these I told you so's or "blunt" comments to the people that lost LTC, Im sure you wouldn't like it just as little as anybody.
So "if you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all" *Thumper from Bambi* There is nothing but contempt against the people that keep leaving negative feedback for the scam victims. I suppose I assumed that since you have some seniority on these forums you would set an example rather than reiterate what has been annoyingly and inconsiderately repeated over the past weekend, great way to set the tone for senior members and admin.

How about you take this advice and learn from it instead of attacking anyone explaining the scam. There's a reason why he's a admin with over 100 posts, and also a reason why most people who posted they lost coins are new users with under 5 posts. The next lot of newbies will hopefully read over these so call "I told you so" posts you claim and be more cautious in the future.

Ok mom.

Offline Eon

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:31:07 AM by Eon »

Offline tex83rb

« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2013, 09:32:49 PM »
so it's over? he take our money and it's safe away??? too bad