Author Topic: [LTCGear] legit discussion  (Read 617821 times)

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
Re: LTCGear legit discussion
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 06:29:38 PM »

Again, your insults make it clear that you're still heated for whatever reason.

Keep in mind you do have the option to use reasoning and logic, but as you and I can see, you like taking the troll route yourself.

You've been trolling the thread for a month now, your last 8 posts here are simply whining, you made your point, albeit baseless.

If you had invested like the rest of us you'd be enjoying weekly payouts with your initial investment back in your pocket.

Is it so hard to believe that Chris is 3-6 months ahead of the competition?

He had the first functioning/shipping FPGA in the market. It had problems but it worked.

He has been working on his ASIC since last Christmas.

He has been paying out for months with his farm shares and later ASIC shares.

Instead of spreading FUD, maybe you should educate yourself.

Or is that too much to ask?

Offline xephyr

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 06:33:16 PM »
Sukarti: best to ignore the trolls, engaging is what they crave.

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 06:36:24 PM »
Sukarti: best to ignore the trolls, engaging is what they crave.

I'm equally bored at work, no worries  ;)

Offline marcellogreen

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 06:38:31 PM »

Again, your insults make it clear that you're still heated for whatever reason.

Keep in mind you do have the option to use reasoning and logic, but as you and I can see, you like taking the troll route yourself.

You've been trolling the thread for a month now, your last 8 posts here are simply whining, you made your point, albeit baseless.

If you had invested like the rest of us you'd be enjoying weekly payouts with your initial investment back in your pocket.

Is it so hard to believe that Chris is 3-6 months ahead of the competition?

He had the first functioning/shipping FPGA in the market. It had problems but it worked.

He has been working on his ASIC since last Christmas.

He has been paying out for months with his farm shares and later ASIC shares.

Instead of spreading FUD, maybe you should educate yourself.

Or is that too much to ask?

You don't know me, and I don't know you, this much we can agree upon.

In my line of work, I constantly spot/deal with pyramid/ponzi schemes. I know what to look for, and I'm very rarely wrong.

You're missing the point entirely. Its not hard to believe someone is ahead of competition, with a functioning FPGA.

What is hard to believe is the amount of hash power that is going on here. The low-key method that was used to get early investors is 1 obvious sign. The constant deals that get better and better to gain additional customers is the 2nd obvious sign.

I'm not spreading FUD, I'm spreading my opinion on something I have a lot of experience in dealing with.

I know there's a lot of trolls out there, but I'm not one of them. I've been here from the start, and I have been following the entire thread.

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 06:46:37 PM »
What is difficult to believe about the hash power?

KNC can deliver thousands of Titans (although shoddy and broken) and 100's of GH/S but someone else can't?

Mining gets cheaper, that's the nature of the business.

I suppose Gaw/Zeus are ponzi's as well?

Zeus/Terrry has reduced his prices month after month after month. His prices are higher than LTCGear but they're dropping month to month. They also started considerably after LTCGear was in the space.

Time will tell.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:57:12 PM by Sukarti »

Offline Hashman

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 06:50:19 PM »
If you do not believe that LTCgear is a credible business and mining operation that is entirely up to you but it is completely unjustified to push your opinions on people that are happy with LTCgear and the way in which Chris continues to look after his customers. You are clearly just trying to spead negativity which isn't appreciated on this thread. So far regardless of what you think of this being a Ponzi scheme we are all happy customers so go and spread your FUD on the BFL or Hashfast threads I am sure they will appreciate your negativity!

Offline Larry W

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2014, 06:52:10 PM »
Also, in December many companies are going to be selling Mh for $5. Chris is just a little ahead of the game. Plausible in my opinion. Your thoughts?

Offline marcellogreen

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 06:58:31 PM »
What is difficult to believe about the hash power?

KNC can deliver thousands of Titans (although shoddy and broken) and 100's of GH/S but someone else can't?

Mining gets cheaper, that's the nature of the business.

I suppose Gaw/Zeus are ponzi's as well?

Zeus/Terrry has reduced his prices month after month after month. His prices are higher than LTCGear but they're dropping month to month. They also started considerably after LTCGear was in the space.

Time will tell.

My lunch break is up so I gotta get back to work, but you're still missing the point.

You're right KNC can deliver, and you're right that their is a huge mark up in pricing and that mining does get cheaper.

Gaw and Zeus are most likely not a ponzi.

To make it brief I'll ask you this. Do you think most people with a cloud/hash service, like bee and others, are in this to make money, or are they in this to support the network? I'm assuming we have the same answer to this.

Now moving forward, why would a company that is in it to make profit, stay out of the spotlight with the best ROI and best pricing available? I'd say the majority of people on here didn't even know about LTCgear for a few + months after its been running. No advertising, nothing. If I had a product with the best ROI and pricing, I would corner the entire market at a time when there was nothing available (which was the case).

Its very easy to prove legitimacy, if you're in fact, legitimate.

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2014, 07:25:16 PM »
I've worked in IT for quite awhile, the best products NEVER have the best marketing. Most companies tend to have one or the other. Great marketing/sales OR a technically superior product.

Why that dichotomy repeats over and over I don't know exactly but that is what I've seen in my experience.

Of all the companies in the scrypt ASIC space, I would consider Chris the least likely to be driven solely by greed based on the path he took into the space. Hobby miner, FPGA prototype, small FPGA sale, ASIC gen 1, ASIC gen 2.

I agree the discussion should be split off.

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2014, 08:13:11 PM »
The only question i am asking myself is, if he is making money from this deal, how much money would he make just mining for himself...of course there is always funding which usually explains the sells.

Offline Marvell9

• Elite Member
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2014, 08:16:40 PM »
The only question i am asking myself is, if he is making money from this deal, how much money would he make just mining for himself...of course there is always funding which usually explains the sells.

yes I think you hit the nail on the head there he could use the $$ he makes from selling shares to invest in bigger better chip fabs
as a way to stay ahead of the game.  Either way as long as I get my weekly payouts I dont care about the smoke and mirrors lol

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2014, 08:21:17 PM »

It's all about risk mitigation.

If you could sell 50% of your farm and have 100% expenses recouped day 1, would you do it? No worries about price volatility, etc, everything coming in is profit.

The big anniversary sale didn't commence until shortly before he picked up batch 2 ASICs either. Perhaps he needed a good chunk of funding or didn't want to pay entirely out of his own pocket for his batch 2 chips.

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2014, 08:42:29 PM »

If you could sell 50% of your farm and have 100% expenses recouped day 1, would you do it? No worries about price volatility, etc, everything coming in is profit.

The big anniversary sale didn't commence until shortly before he picked up batch 2 ASICs either. Perhaps he needed a good chunk of funding or didn't want to pay entirely out of his own pocket for his batch 2 chips.

Nicely written, thanks :)

Let's wait and see what the future holds, 2 more weeks for ROI!

Going out of stock is very not-ponzi btw, no marketing too ;D

I think he sold around 1k shares within the last weeks (more?) thats 160 ghs, while i say it isn't impossible to deploy them (especially with your own chip) you do need serious ressources to do so...and power!

Best chips run around 5w per MH, do the math. Chris has been solid so far but there is always doubt - welcome to crypto xD

Offline marcellogreen

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2014, 08:55:28 PM »

Nicely written, thanks :)

Let's wait and see what the future holds, 2 more weeks for ROI!

Going out of stock is very not-ponzi btw, no marketing too ;D

I think he sold around 1k shares within the last weeks (more?) thats 160 ghs, while i say it isn't impossible to deploy them (especially with your own chip) you do need serious ressources to do so...and power!

Best chips run around 5w per MH, do the math. Chris has been solid so far but there is always doubt - welcome to crypto xD

You're right that going out of stock is very non-ponzi like, but he has never been out of stock for more than a day or 2.

You guys can do the math, there is no way there is this much hash power. We're talking massive scale warehouse, which most likely doesn't exist. The power alone could probably power a small city.

The thing you guys don't realize is while you think you may have ROI'd (sy yours is coming in 2 weeks), you really havn't unless you've cashed out and its in your bank account.

I guarantee you most people have not ROI'd because most people have been re-investing. On paper you guys have ROI'd but I'm dreading the day most people stop re-investing and decide to cashout =/

One way you guys can see this for yourself is to make a spreadsheet and have users submit how many shares they have and whether or not they have re-invested. You'll be shocked to see 95+ % have not cashed out and have been re-investing. Why would you cash out with such high payouts?

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2014, 08:57:08 PM »
Volume is impossible to track due to the fact that unfulfilled orders still increment, orders were locked to single units for awhile but that isn't the case any longer. I have several orders that I forgot to add the coupon to or didn't get coin through in time.

The mining facilities are definitely chewing through some power, that is for sure!

There was a spreadsheet floating around, had it broken through 100GH yet? I think Sy put it together actually.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 10:06:10 PM by Sukarti »