Author Topic: LTCGearCalc.com - Daily Earnings Calculator for Litecoin GEAR  (Read 41946 times)

Offline organizer

Re: LTCGearCalc.com - Daily Earnings Calculator for Litecoin GEAR
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2014, 11:34:46 PM »
I can understand the perfectionist in you wanting it to be 'spot on' but it's pretty damn accurate in my eyes and a very very useful tool!  :)  Also not having any mods means i don't look at the DRK or VTC payouts.

While i'm here any thoughts on adding a 'Convert to shares' option on your calc page?

Thanks... yeah everything is pretty good for the most part... i'm just fine tuning the knobs... and DRK just might be off due to it's nature...

The convert-to-shares thing has been suggested before, it's definitely on my "to-do" list... before that though, i'm working on a order-tracker/ROI thing where you can enter multiple orders and follow rough estimates on how many days until you recoup your investment based on the calc data... which is kind of why i'm still trying to dial that in...

after that, i'll work on the convert-to-shares thing.

Offline AizenSou

« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2014, 09:58:12 AM »
Ok, so below are the results for the calculator based on the actual numbers Chris posted today for payouts... The cliff notes version is:

- All coin estimates are under 1% error, with the exception of DRK (which was 8% under estimated). Which means I might have tweaked one too many things, i have a couple little items I can revert back this week... but it also could just be the nature of the friggin coin.

- The only real payout issue is with VTC, the calc over-estimated by 5.98%... even though the coin estimate was pretty solid. The new calculations take the last price I capture for a mining week (Thursday night, before 00:00 GMT) and adjusts the full week by that. I had something like 0.000178 vs. Chris' 0.00017 ...  Now this might be related to Cryptsy's crash overnight, since I believe this is what Chris uses for the payout price (this is where I pull prices from too)... but I did look around and couldn't find any exchange that had it at 0.00017... maybe he just rounds down.. I dunno.

- The DRK price difference matches the estimation % error, so that's ok... we'll see what this week brings.

Otherwise, If I can get everything to perform at something like 1-3% error rate, i'd probably be ok with that... hopefully the VTC price issue is just this one time thing and might be Cryptsy related.

-----------------------

Coin Estimates vs. Actuals (Error)
LTC: 0.01955 / 0.01955602 (0.0307833598043%)
FTC: 2.36183 / 2.34416065 (0.75376019984%)
DRK: 0.09657 / 0.10534306 (-8.32808540022%)
VTC: 5.16733 / 5.13393581 (0.650459827233%)

BTC Estimates vs. Actuals (Error)
LTC: 0.000206 / 0.000203382608 (1.28693009975%)
FTC: No payment info posted
DRK: 0.000552 / 0.000600455442 (-8.06978147098%)
VTC: 0.000925 / 0.0008727690877 (5.98450529883%)

DRK estimates is very hard because of the difficulty fluctuating. Your work is fantastic already ;). Only a few 0.1% off from the actual payout. That's perfect already.

Offline rustybeamer

« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2014, 08:35:24 PM »
I can understand the perfectionist in you wanting it to be 'spot on' but it's pretty damn accurate in my eyes and a very very useful tool!  :)  Also not having any mods means i don't look at the DRK or VTC payouts.

While i'm here any thoughts on adding a 'Convert to shares' option on your calc page?

Thanks... yeah everything is pretty good for the most part... i'm just fine tuning the knobs... and DRK just might be off due to it's nature...

The convert-to-shares thing has been suggested before, it's definitely on my "to-do" list... before that though, i'm working on a order-tracker/ROI thing where you can enter multiple orders and follow rough estimates on how many days until you recoup your investment based on the calc data... which is kind of why i'm still trying to dial that in...

after that, i'll work on the convert-to-shares thing.

Thanks for adding the 'convert-to-shares' indicator to your calculator.
It tells me when i should stop 'sowing' and start 'reaping'.
Poor analogy i know!

Offline emotiveminer

« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2014, 10:09:34 PM »
Organizer one thought... On the hashlet vs LTCGear chart it may be cool to also include the ROI time for the dollar based on the week that is being modeled and current BTC rate....

Offline organizer

« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2014, 03:24:59 PM »
Well. i'm working on a separate ROI thingy right now... maybe i'll be able to "launch" it in a couple days... I don't know that i'll do too much more to the comparison page though (at least anytime soon)... that was just kind of something i did while bored waiting while watching all the coin data tweaks...

Offline emotiveminer

« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2014, 03:43:37 PM »
Well. i'm working on a separate ROI thingy right now... maybe i'll be able to "launch" it in a couple days... I don't know that i'll do too much more to the comparison page though (at least anytime soon)... that was just kind of something i did while bored waiting while watching all the coin data tweaks...

Right on.  Funny thing, I knew inherently that GAW wasn't a good deal, but the chart got me to bite the bullet and sell all my Zens last night, got a nice 60 BTC pay day. However those bastards won't let me withdraw my money. Look forward to the ROI stuff... Long live LTCGear!

Offline AizenSou

« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2014, 04:06:09 PM »

Right on.  Funny thing, I knew inherently that GAW wasn't a good deal, but the chart got me to bite the bullet and sell all my Zens last night, got a nice 60 BTC pay day. However those bastards won't let me withdraw my money. Look forward to the ROI stuff... Long live LTCGear!

They won't let you withdraw your 60BTC? It's a crime. Push them hard, what a bunch of thieves.

Offline organizer

« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2014, 04:16:56 PM »

Nice... don't spend it all in one place... literally!

I think the next couple of months are a good time to sit on some BTC as a bunch of new products will be coming out... obviously GAW has it's thing coming up, Genesis Project X sounds interesting too... Zeus... well, seems to have a long way to go... and probably sometime early year (my guess) Chris will spin something new out as well...

Offline organizer

« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2014, 04:25:44 PM »
Plus... GAW is going to have to do something soon... it's what, maybe a month or so until all of the Hashlets might be at negative earnings with the maintenance fee at where it is?

Offline emotiveminer

« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2014, 04:30:04 PM »
Plus... GAW is going to have to do something soon... it's what, maybe a month or so until all of the Hashlets might be at negative earnings with the maintenance fee at where it is?

Well they are saying that once they get their new contracts in place for selling their hash power, ZenPool will rise from the dead, who knows.  I am holding my Primes for now and will see what they com up with with Project Prime.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 06:05:53 AM by emotiveminer »

Offline organizer

« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2014, 05:59:50 PM »
Order/ROI tracker thingy is done-ish. Instructions to follow below...

Offline organizer

« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2014, 06:03:09 PM »
Order ROI Tracker
https://ltcgearcalc.com/roi-tracker.php

Track up to six orders and get projected days until you recoup your investment. Please note that these estimates/forecasts are all based on the data from the calculator and actual results will vary. Days to ROI uses the same linear regression + time/series forecasting that is used to project out a full mining week on the calculator.

Since it's pulling from the existing data, expect results to improve over time. For now, i've manually "padded" the days to ROI to likely be over by a few days to be as conservative as possible with expectations.

How to Use

A. Enter purchase date. The tracker will automatically include all days of the mining week. Dates must be after Sept. 19th.
B. Use this field to enter any notes you might want to appear on the results dashboard.
C. Enter purchase price in USD. You are responsible to calculate any additional discounts (BTC payment).
D. Enter appropriate share numbers in either field. Unlike the calculator, you can enter only DualMOD shares here.
E. Choose appropriate coins based on share type(s) here.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:10:55 PM by organizer »

Offline organizer

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2014, 06:03:54 PM »
I am pretty sure there are some bugs in this ROI thing... but I either fixed them unknowingly or (more likely) had no idea how to recreate them... please let me know if you get anything really wacky.

Consider this an ALPHA release.. or whatever the right term for something that might break is...

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2014, 06:14:40 PM »
I am pretty sure there are some bugs in this ROI thing... but I either fixed them unknowingly or (more likely) had no idea how to recreate them... please let me know if you get anything really wacky.

Consider this an ALPHA release.. or whatever the right term for something that might break is...

That's a very cool feature.

Offline organizer

« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2014, 07:02:42 PM »
For now, share multiplication isn't in this... but i should be able to get it in place before the next one happens.