Author Topic: LTCGearCalc.com - Daily Earnings Calculator for Litecoin GEAR  (Read 40213 times)

Offline Noogens

• Grumpy-Cat prefers Deathmetal
Re: LTCGearCalc.com - Daily Earnings Calculator for Litecoin GEAR
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2014, 12:36:59 AM »
Nice tool.
Thanks.

Offline organizer

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2014, 02:35:56 PM »
Ok, for my spreadsheet friends...

If I wanted to calculate earnings on a per-dollar spent basis... to get the per-dollar cost, is below correct?

Using a price of $5.75 per MHs for LTCG as a foundation...

Daily Earnings per MH/575 (cost per unit in cents) * 100 (gets result back in dollars) = earnings per dollar spent?

I think the conversion to cents back to dollars is probably superfluous, but I just wanted to eliminate decimal madness....

Offline organizer

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2014, 04:30:06 PM »
Also, looking for some feedback on the BTC estimates... I've gotten MANY PM's about the estimated BTC being off by around 8%-10%ish for people...

This seems to be because my BTC/day calculations are just that, based on the current day coin prices and that day's coin/BTC prices... whereas the Litecoin GEAR conversion seems to be all based on a fixed rate set on or about payday.

Now we've dialed in on the coin estimates pretty good and at first this seemed to be something really worth fixing... but after some thought I see two options:

1. Figure out a way to revisit daily BTC estimates on calculator as the end of week approaches (like maybe reset all the numbers towards the end of day Thursday)

OR

2. I can also see merit in leaving the estimates as-is as an illustration of what you may be gaining/losing doing the BTC conversion on a given week... and maybe putting in a note that says the BTC estimates are based on those daily numbers and not a representation of what the conversion might be.

I would love to hear some thoughts on this.

Offline wajiminer

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2014, 05:00:04 PM »
Ltcgear converts to btc based on the ltc/btc rate at the point of the db snapshot. I would leave it as is with a disclaimer so people can decide whether to choose ltc or btc

Offline yak

• Cryptogeeks
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2014, 05:04:03 PM »
are you using the 5% fee from using bitcoin?
hopefully people understand that calculators like this can't be 100% accurate anyway

Offline clevo

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2014, 05:34:55 PM »
I think the easiest way to address this is to have the calculator return the current LTC/BTC conversion going back to just after the last payout. The current LTC/BTC conversion rate would be applied to all the values going back to the last payout date. Once the LTC/BTC conversion Chris uses is know you would then just lock that value in for the week.

Offline N2NShadow

• HashHard
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2014, 06:44:45 PM »
What a great tool, thanks!

Offline LTCBoss

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2014, 05:47:25 AM »
Organizer,
I have TWO Dual Mod M10, do I have to do anything special to get the calculator to know I am mining at double the VTC rate (63 MH/S)

Offline Ǫ̶̷̕͜Ź̛ḿ͜a͞͞͠͏ś̡͟͠͡t́͏é̴r

• Crypto is the future!
    • Coinbar
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2014, 08:22:40 AM »
The calculator is awesome TYVM! :)

Offline organizer

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2014, 03:15:10 PM »
Ok, after considering everything I was leaning towards just leaving it as-is with a disclaimer... BUT after thinking about the next big addition I want to make (The Order ROI tracking thingy).... I realized I need better BTC estimates in the system....

So what i'll do is implement something that works like this:

- Throughout a given day, the estimates will be drawn from averages created from live data... which is ok...

- Once a day completes, i'll take the last BTC price for a given coin and use adjust -all- of the completed mining days of the week with that number... At the end of a week (end of Thur. GMT time) all of the previous mining days will use the last price I capture... which should at least be closer to whatever Chris uses for his "snapshot" conversion prices...

I actually think this is necessary because we really don't have access to either our coins or BTC throughout the week, so adjusting the prices to the most recent is probably the best approach vs. showing what you COULD have made if you had access to the coins...

I think I can knock this out in a couple days...

Offline Larry W

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2014, 03:52:31 PM »
You da Man!!

Offline Miramyn

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2014, 04:48:10 PM »
Sounds like a good compromise on the BTC calc issue

Of course, once that's implemented there's always the tweaks to the tweaks that tweaked the original tweak :)

I look forward to seeing what else you add

Offline organizer

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2014, 10:08:35 PM »
Ok, I think I have this BTC readjustment thing figured out... will test it more tomorrow and implement it probably Tuesday (it will only affect this mining week's numbers).

Offline xephyr

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2014, 11:20:55 PM »
Thanks for your excellent calculator. Very cool!

Offline AizenSou

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2014, 11:45:45 AM »
Ok, I think I have this BTC readjustment thing figured out... will test it more tomorrow and implement it probably Tuesday (it will only affect this mining week's numbers).

Keep up good work. Thanks. People should not complain when using your link to order, since they use your calc a lot.