Author Topic: LTCGearCalc.com - Daily Earnings Calculator for Litecoin GEAR  (Read 40212 times)

Offline AizenSou

Re: LTCGearCalc.com - Daily Earnings Calculator for Litecoin GEAR
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 10:38:41 AM »
Which one is normally more profitable? VTC or Darkcoin?

Normally, vertcoin by far!

These are the payouts in btc one Dual MOD M10 would give (based on asic shares).
Conversion to btc is based on the rate at the time of payout.
I've also included litecoin (based on 630 shares) to see when that would become more profitable.

Wow, thanks for the chart. How many DualMOD do you have could I ask ?

Offline Raw-H

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 11:41:29 AM »

These are the payouts in btc one Dual MOD M10 would give (based on asic shares).
I've also included litecoin (based on 630 shares) to see when that would become more profitable.

Just one dual mod M10, since 31 july.

Offline AizenSou

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 12:58:57 PM »

Just one dual mod M10, since 31 july.

Ops sorry I mistake the weekly payout to daily payout. So it's make sense. At current diff and BTC price, the DualMod ROI is even better than the ASICs share. No wonder is always sold out.

Offline organizer

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 07:41:58 PM »
Ok, the crowd demanded full-week estimates, here they are!

Full Mining Week Forecast

Ok, this seemed to be the most requested feature. So I went ahead and put this up. It should be fairly straightforward, just check the box and hit submit... estimates for the remaining days in the "mining week" will be added to your BTC estimate, the rows in the table (green rows) and the total coin counts.

The forecast is based on a couple of dependent functions. The base of it all is a linear regression function that purportedly returns the same (or very close) results to what you see from Excel's function. Then it runs through a multiplicative forecasting function that takes into account seasonality (weekly, monthly, etc.), overall trend and "noise" (irregularity).

Since this is using the kinda crappy data that's there from the beginning, consider this "for entertainment purposes" only! Though it doesn't seem too bad. As the data stored gets better over time, i'll get rid of the first 2 weeks.

There are also a number of options in the multiplicative forecasting piece that can be tweaked with, i've kind of left it on a (seemingly) conservative setting.

Anyways, if you find something crazy, or have any other ideas, let me know.

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 07:45:14 PM »
Is there a built in difficulty step for the future trending? Does it trend months or just a week in advance?

Did you make another 10k this week?  ;D

Offline organizer

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 08:18:57 PM »
Oh yeah, give me one second to push all this cash off my keyboard!

There's nothing crypto-specific in the forecasting components (i.e. Diff stuff)... and, it probably would only work well for LTC (just thinking out loud).. FTC, VTC and especially DRK have no real predictable increases (or even decreases) in difficulty. At this point, i'm just trying to get things that work reasonably well (see below) for all possible coins.

Right now i'm just going to leave it at the current week for what's available... I can change that in the future, but at first glance just testing some of those things on my own the estimates were ridiculous, which is probably at least partially related to the first week or so of data.

My initial goal for this thing was to really provide something that gave reasonable estimates throughout the week, since LTCGear is really not that exciting to look at through the week. And I was personally just tracking things through things like CoinWarz, glancing a couple times a day so I just decided to put something together.

I think i'd be pretty satisfied if the calc delivered within like 2-3% of what the final payouts would be. I think LTC will be far more accurate than that, but if you're a spreadsheet person who just collects the end-of-day data, I don't know that this would ever replace that accuracy.

Now, where did my butler go....

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2014, 08:32:42 PM »
You probably have to text him, he's in the east wing.

I agree there isn't much to look at with LTCGear, send faith and coin, receive coin  ;)

I personally just use BTCWisdom and his payouts are dead on week to week for the LTC/BTC.

Offline artilectinc

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Elite Member
  • Troll Paladin
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2014, 08:34:20 PM »

I think i'd be pretty satisfied if the calc delivered within like 2-3% of what the final payouts would be. I think LTC will be far more accurate than that, but if you're a spreadsheet person who just collects the end-of-day data, I don't know that this would ever replace that accuracy.

I love my spreadsheets.  I think that is the best part of crypto.  It goes to the 10th decimal place and I can build out projections over time using known algorithms and formulas.

Offline organizer

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2014, 10:51:29 PM »
lol.. well if that's your favorite magazine, i have some friggin' mathematics blogs that almost made my head explode...

Offline organizer

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2014, 12:13:48 AM »
It's up to $50K NOW!? Wtf, it was just $10k last week. You guys are hilarious... now wheres my gold slippers? Lazy ass butler.

BTW, any affiliate cookie expires after a week. Just so you know.

Offline AizenSou

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2014, 09:14:09 AM »
It's up to $50K NOW!? Wtf, it was just $10k last week. You guys are hilarious... now wheres my gold slippers? Lazy ass butler.

BTW, any affiliate cookie expires after a week. Just so you know.

LOL you mean about your affiliate earning? That's crazy figure, you know? ;)

Offline geetash

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2014, 10:05:16 AM »
good work  :) :) :)

Offline organizer

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2014, 04:20:05 PM »

Oh, the post got deleted by a mod... I have a couple of stalkers who are convinced i'm the head of some affiliate link cartel at this point and valuations have gone from 0.5 BTC for the site to $10k a week to now $25k a week! Can't wait to retire.

Of course, if anyone wants to make an offer based on the current valuation, ill be more than happy to listen! ;D

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2014, 04:46:11 PM »

Oh, the post got deleted by a mod... I have a couple of stalkers who are convinced i'm the head of some affiliate link cartel at this point and valuations have gone from 0.5 BTC for the site to $10k a week to now $25k a week! Can't wait to retire.

Of course, if anyone wants to make an offer based on the current valuation, ill be more than happy to listen! ;D

Anytime a user looks at his calculator or a post, he implants a permanent affiliate cookie into your browser stealing all their "hard work".

All your affiliates are belong to us!

Offline organizer

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2014, 04:51:28 PM »

Anytime a user looks at his calculator or a post, he implants a permanent affiliate cookie into your browser stealing all their "hard work".

All your affiliates are belong to us!

Ohhhhh.... you're just planting paranoia seeds to people who think i can actually do that, lol...