Author Topic: LTCGearCalc.com - Daily Earnings Calculator for Litecoin GEAR  (Read 39899 times)

Offline organizer

LTCGearCalc.com - Daily Earnings Calculator for Litecoin GEAR
« on: October 05, 2014, 09:24:46 PM »
Made this thread based on Sy's suggestion to have a specific home to talk about the calc (bugs, features, etc).

LTCGearCalc.com

This site was designed to give current and future customers daily estimates in the shares "language" of LTCGear. It generates estimates based on coin data sampled 3 times an hour. It's based on a tool I was creating for myself (too lazy to use spreadsheets) and still (as of this writing on 10/05/2014) be considered a work in progress. While I've made significant improvements on overall estimates, there's still more variance in some coins (i'm looking at you DRK) than I consider to be acceptable. Improvements/updates/additions will continue to be made, until I run out of bells & whistles to add.

Updates:
10/06/2014 - X11 MODs added
10/07/2014 - Full week forecasting

Already A Litecoin GEAR Customer?

The site is pretty straightforward to use. Just match up the numbers found on your LTCGear account page with the appropriate fields (A&B) on the calculator. Then you can change the various coin options using the drop down menus (C&D) as desired.

Note: If you own DualMods, you do not need to subtract the shares in the calculator fields, just enter them exactly as you see them on your account page. If you own X11 Mods, stay tuned. This feature is coming very soon.

Considering Litecoin GEAR?
You can use the sample data packages that are based on recent LTCGear products to get a sense of what a particular product or combination of products might deliver in terms of earnings.

Simply choose an option from the drop down, the share fields and coin choices will automatically be updated and then hit submit to see results.

Date Ranges/Daily Estimates

The calculator's default view is the current "mining week" for LTCGear. You can click on the calendar icons to view more data.

Historical Data

This chart will show a broader, historical view of earnings over time. You can zoom in on any given area by clicking and holding your mouse at the beginning/end of desired range and dragging then letting go at the other end of the range you want.

Have X11 MODs? Mining Both VTC/DRK? Here's How To See Estimates For Both

Click here to see the instructions.

The data in the beginning couple of weeks is very rough (particularly in DRK & FTC) and the methodology for creating the estimates has been improving quickly. I'm hoping that over the next week or two max it will be more dialed in.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 07:53:03 PM by organizer »

Offline organizer

Re: LTCGearCalc.com - Daily Earnings Calculator for Litecoin GEAR
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 09:26:43 PM »
Some quick updates for today:

• I think i've finally nailed down the issue with DRK daily estimates and am running a test today on it. It will be implemented tomorrow.
  • DualMOD owners who also own X11Mods will soon (a couple of days) be able to see both DRK & VTC estimates in their results.

Offline yak

• Cryptogeeks
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 09:43:59 PM »
good work so far, what method are you doing the predictions with? linear regression or?

Offline organizer

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 10:17:49 PM »
good work so far, what method are you doing the predictions with? linear regression or?

Thanks! Well as of now, there's no forward-looking component to this. Even the current day's estimate is up to that moment in time.

The first approach kinda sucked except for LTC because of it's stability (and it even had some minor issues on diff change days)... and larger problems represented on coins like DRK, FTC and sometimes VTC due to their more volatile difficulty swings.

Right now past day's estimates are based on averages from data taken throughout the day. Now i'm doing 72 samples collecting the current difficulty, block rewards (really only matters for DRK I think and DOGE if he ever implements merge mining), exchange rate (i've picked the best available exchanges on a per-coin basis, i.e. for LTC i'm grabbing the BTC-e price, Cryptsy prices for VTC).

From there I'm generating coins-per-day on a per-share (both qASIC & F$) based off this formula that I had found through some research (tweaked with some suggestions from forum users who had their own formulas working in spreadsheets):

[seconds (for a day)] * [block reward] * [hash rate] / (difficulty * 4295032833) = Coins

Taken from http://www.holynerdvana.com/2014/02/how-to-calculate-coins-per-day-for-any.html

So throughout the day the estimates should get more accurate in resulting to the end-of-day figures Bee uses in his payouts.

I still think there are some issues with DRK that I found (my error in handling the block rewards) that i'll be implementing tomorrow...

Eventually i'd like to work in some forward-looking things like "days until full ROI" and let people enter in orders as they do them... but right now that would make my head explode.

Offline wajiminer

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 12:23:24 AM »
use your calculator all the time thanks!!

Offline LTCBoss

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 02:50:47 AM »
this is great thanks!

one thing, in the calendar i set october 3 - october 10 (since that is the 'pay week' right?) but it keeps reverting to Oct 3 to Oct 6? ANy ideas?

Offline LTCBoss

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 02:55:53 AM »
just figured that setting the end day past anything after today's date doesn't change the values, so i guess its not a prospective calculator? but its based on past data? Cause I can do Sept 27 to October 4 for example

Offline organizer

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 03:25:01 AM »
Well, when you come to the page, it will default to the current "mining week"... which for now is Fri-Thur.... on Fridays it will stay there for most of the day as people await the payouts...

Right now, especially as i'm trying to fine-tune the estimates, there's no forecasting portion of it... but I don't want to go there until I get the numbers dialed in to an acceptable % of over/under of what Bee uses as the final historical data for share payouts...

Doing some sort of weekly estimation is definitely on my "to-do" list as I got that from a number of people as something they'd like to see...

As far as the calendar... you can just go back in time right now... I think the 19th was the first day... but the data was pretty crappy to be honest... right now i think this week will be pretty close... even hopefully DRK...

Offline LTCBoss

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 04:24:51 AM »
I switched my dual mod from vtc to drk for the first time today.

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 06:41:58 AM »
Much better :) and very nice first post!

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 05:51:30 PM »
Nice little tool, will be better when it can look forward and have options for diff adjustment when looking to future weeks.

Offline organizer

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 07:02:38 PM »
Nice little tool, will be better when it can look forward and have options for diff adjustment when looking to future weeks.

Thanks, I'll keep trying to make it better and more useful... I did fully implement the new method for DRK today, so i'll just keep tracking and hopefully FTC & DRK will both be more accurate. If DRK works out this week, i'll probably switch FTC to the same method, even though the swings in FTC aren't as drastic as what you see in DRK.

Offline organizer

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 07:12:26 PM »
Ok, if you are one of the X11 Mod owners who also have DualMODs and want to be able to see estimates for both DRK & VTC (if you are mining both), here you go!

Have Both DualMODs & X11 MODs? Mining Both VTC & DRK? Here's How To See Estimates For Both

This isn't the most elegant solution, but there weren't a ton of people who expressed interest so this is what I came up with, without adding new elements to the interface.

Basically, you just continue to put your total number of Active Mining Shares (DualMODs + X11 MODs) into the appropriate field (qASICs or F$). Then you put your total number of X11 MOD shares inside of brackets [] immediately following your total number of Active Mining Shares.

If the coin choice is VertCoin, it will show you both DRK & LTC. If you switch your mined coins to DRK, you can just leave the number inside of the brackets, the calc will just ignore it and show you DRK only.

For example if you had 1 DualMOD M1 and 1 X11 MOD M2, you would enter:
756[126]

756 obviously is the 630 shares from the DualMOD + 126 shares from the M2.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 10:00:51 PM by organizer »

Offline Linger

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 10:57:35 PM »
Which one is normally more profitable? VTC or Darkcoin?

Offline Raw-H

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 07:32:28 AM »
Which one is normally more profitable? VTC or Darkcoin?

Normally, vertcoin by far!

These are the payouts in btc one Dual MOD M10 would give (based on asic shares).
Conversion to btc is based on the rate at the time of payout.
I've also included litecoin (based on 630 shares) to see when that would become more profitable.