Author Topic: Project Koinyx, a new exchange!(not yet open)  (Read 32624 times)

Offline losh11

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
Re: Project Koinyx, a new exchange!(not yet open)
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2015, 08:24:05 PM »
Andrew, do you remember my offer?
Also can I test (if needed further)?

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2015, 11:02:40 PM »
Andrew, do you remember my offer?
Also can I test (if needed further)?

PMed you

Offline saigoned

• Bitcoin and Litcoin Merchandise Coming Soon
« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2015, 03:06:51 PM »
Will check them out, but honestly right now we have no intention of adding to the coin list yet.

With that said.........

After much work, we are on the final throws of opening Koinyx. Closed beta will be happening very soon! We will have a short period of closed beta for testing purposes with testnet coins only. We already have a list of folks from the last test we had a few months ago, but we may add some additional folks.

I am pleased things are progressing well for you, wish you all the best with Koinyx, thanks for all you do!

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2015, 01:14:57 AM »
Koinyx closed beta invites sent!

Offline losh11

• Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2015, 01:15:53 AM »
Did it before you even posted.

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2015, 01:16:48 AM »
Did it before you even posted.

haha  :D

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2015, 05:00:46 PM »
Doing an AMA in the Koinyx chat box for those who have received closed beta invites right now (1PM est time) and will be doing another one same time tomorrow.

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2015, 05:05:27 AM »
Update to come this weekend

Offline losh11

• Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2015, 06:46:37 PM »
Wassup???

No update yet, hope it's not bad news...

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2015, 03:13:40 AM »

Dear Crypto Community,

We at Koinyx have strive over the past year in order to bring you an innovative, quality, and secure product. We have spent countless hours with the team in place to capture what we believe is a better exchange than most exchanges out there. Between our technological superior back end engine, the innovative interface, and handling the legal and compliance issues, the amount of work put into this without external funding is nothing short of amazing for this team.

Sadly, at this point in time we can not continue to go forward without some sort of funding. Koinyx could launch today, but we want to ensure that we have done our due diligence and secured the proper funding in order to pay for what we believe is quality protection, hosting, customer service. It is more important to us to launch a full quality product, rather than half assing it and releasing something that would not bode well for our future customers.

Beyond the cost of standard items we need to cover, we must also be able to meet compliance laws. Across the world everyday the legalities of crypto currencies are ever so changing. And today's day and age is vastly different from a year ago or even 6 months ago. We have been lucky enough to navigate these complexities, but the cost of compliance is too much for any start up to bare without external help.

A perfect example of the cost of compliance is the infamous New York Bitlicense, where the cost of complying with regulations far exceeds a start ups ability to enter the space. The massive undertaking includes not only paying for the license itself, but also preparations for it and complying with all aspects of it. Companies who have applied for it have spent between $50,000 and $100,000 in order to enter New York.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/companies-leave-ny-coinbase-submits-bitlicense-application-1440025274

However, it isn't just New York that Koinyx has to worry about. There are 40 states in the US that has some sort of regulations for crypto currencies. Some are minor, but some are as bad if not worse than Bitlicense. For example, North Carolina requires a business to have a $250,000 surely bond, and $150,000 liquid amount based on $1 million in assets and further increases as assets increase. In addition, some states at this point in time are "winging it", and only provide guidance after thorough investigation into the company (which could be good or bad if they were basing their guidance off of small versus large business, but often times its more about the ability to pay instead of helping small businesses).

We were also looking into opening in Canada and the EU, but again we need a bit more time to research legalities in order to open up in those regions.

Koinyx is not dead, we have put too much time and effort into this project. We are just on hold for a short period of time in order to secure desperately needed funding for this project. We as a team refuse to release any product we are not satisfied with, and it is our hope that someone can realize our dream of helping Koinyx launch and further develop the Koinyx platform in order to help not only the crypto communities as a whole, but also help in spreading adoption to cryptos for the world. We have more ideas than becoming just another exchange, but without investors we are not able to realize our dream.

Thank you
Andrew Vegetabile and the Koinyx Team

Offline losh11

• Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2015, 09:23:07 PM »
Sorry to hear about this. I still can't wait till this is released.

Offline kingscrown

• Financial Underground Kingdom
« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2015, 03:03:37 AM »
damn thats sad - esp that cryptsy has issues now and somebody could try to take some of their traffic

Offline Rockyroad

« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2015, 02:30:05 AM »

A perfect example of the cost of compliance is the infamous New York Bitlicense, where the cost of complying with regulations far exceeds a start ups ability to enter the space. The massive undertaking includes not only paying for the license itself, but also preparations for it and complying with all aspects of it. Companies who have applied for it have spent between $50,000 and $100,000 in order to enter New York.

That's a terrible burden.  It doesn't cost that much to charter a credit union. 

I hope you can get it started at a later date.  Good luck!