Author Topic: 14 Reasons Why The U.S. Economy's Bubble Of False Prosperity Might Burst  (Read 2400 times)

Offline wattda

Re: 14 Reasons Why The U.S. Economy's Bubble Of False Prosperity Might Burst
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 12:45:44 AM »
Now this is what scares the shit out of me..., that I wake up and my money is worthless!

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 01:08:43 AM »
Hopefully it holds together until next summer, looking to sell my home in the spring  ;)

Offline treasure_finder

• Litecoin Association Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 04:22:05 PM »
Hopefully it holds together until next summer, looking to sell my home in the spring  ;)

It'll hold up longer than that.  There are more bags of tricks the government and bankers can pull to keep the charade alive.  A major sign of desperation will be when the gov takes over private retirement accounts and replaces them with "government retirement accounts" guaranteed by none other than the full faith and credit of the US gov't itself (whatever that's worth nowadays).  I wouldn't panic much until that happens.

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 04:28:41 PM »
I'm not talking complete collapse of the dollar, just another housing bubble/recession.

How people can pay these prices for homes is ridiculous. When a home is increasing in "value" 10% year over year, something is amiss.

I'm in SE MI for reference.

Edit: I do think they'll try and keep it together a bit longer, they can't have the whole house of cards fall down prior to the next presidential election.

Offline schaapje

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 08:30:58 AM »
#13 The three day cease-fire between Hamas and Israel is about to end, and Hamas officials are saying that they are preparing for a "long battle".  If a resolution is not found soon, we could potentially see a full-blown regional war erupt in the Middle East.

#14 The number of Ebola deaths continues to grow at an exponential rate, and if the virus starts spreading inside the United States it has the potential to pretty much shut down our entire economy.

They start good but after like the first 5 reasons they just give reasons that aren't valid in my eyes. #14 Ebola can strike everywhere, it's not a bubble, its a catastrophe.

Why would #13 war in the middle east ruin the US economy?

Don't get me wrong there are plenty good reasons why there is a bubble and why the US economy will crash. I just think it's not a good article.
I am though convinced that at some point in the near future you can better have physical gold/silver and even litecoins/bitcoins or things like a paid off house than some stock papers.

Offline Yuki

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 10:02:01 AM »
#13 The three day cease-fire between Hamas and Israel is about to end, and Hamas officials are saying that they are preparing for a "long battle".  If a resolution is not found soon, we could potentially see a full-blown regional war erupt in the Middle East.

#14 The number of Ebola deaths continues to grow at an exponential rate, and if the virus starts spreading inside the United States it has the potential to pretty much shut down our entire economy.

They start good but after like the first 5 reasons they just give reasons that aren't valid in my eyes. #14 Ebola can strike everywhere, it's not a bubble, its a catastrophe.

Don't get me wrong there are plenty good reasons why there is a bubble and why the US economy will crash. I just think it's not a good article.
I am though convinced that at some point in the near future you can better have physical gold/silver and even litecoins/bitcoins or things like a paid off house than some stock papers.

Great point! Critical thinking helps a lot!

Offline Darkjedi

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 03:46:21 AM »

World trade allows economic growth to be possible. The Suez Canal is a major thoroughfare, saves energy and time for shipping. 

Also, if resources get diverted to war, productive ventures would suffer, would contribute to economic decline which would eventual affect US companies/economy.  Also, the US for the past 60 years has devoted resources, money and people, to protect interests in the Middle East.  Our energies and focus would be split and preoccupied.   Not a winning scenario.   

Case study Iraq War 2003

Offline romang

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 04:02:59 AM »
The price of oil in the end will be are biggest weakness.

Offline boulistips

• Boulis Soccer Tips
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 06:45:33 AM »
I think that the fiat money system, is in hard times. Crypto's are disruptive technology, that will take over in the long run. We are living in interesting times.

Offline boulistips

• Boulis Soccer Tips
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 11:32:29 AM »
Now this is what scares the shit out of me..., that I wake up and my money is worthless!

You are lucky (or not?) having money. I have debt, and if it becomes worthless, it'll be great.