Author Topic: Merchants you would like to see accept Litecoin  (Read 2113 times)

Offline Bonksnp

• Litecoin Association Member
Merchants you would like to see accept Litecoin
« on: July 09, 2014, 04:36:19 AM »
Today I emailed the ceo of a major company suggesting that they start accepting litecoin. I tailored the email to this company specifically explaining the benefits of accepting litecoin.

What I would like from each of you is a suggestion of a company that you would like to see start accepting litecoin and I will contact them outlining some of the benefits for doing so.

Now this would work even better if everyone contacted a business themselves, and I absolutely welcome you all doing so, but I'm a realist and understand that many people are shy, don't know what to say, don't have time, etc. Additionally I think tailoring each email to the company vs a canned message is much more effective so if you do contact a business, try to speak to their specific needs.

Offline kingscrown

• Financial Underground Kingdom
Re: Merchants you would like to see accept Litecoin
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 04:45:41 AM »
which payment processor will you suggest to them?

Offline Gridseed

• Verified User
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 04:52:17 AM »
Good idea.

Here in China, not a single major company has accepted litecoin (bitcoin either), but there are some small companies are doing so. I think it's a good idea to get in touch with more companies, especially those companies involved in international trade.

Offline saigoned

• Bitcoin and Litcoin Merchandise Coming Soon
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 04:54:06 AM »
Today I emailed the ceo of a major company suggesting that they start accepting litecoin. I tailored the email to this company specifically explaining the benefits of accepting litecoin.

What I would like from each of you is a suggestion of a company that you would like to see start accepting litecoin and I will contact them outlining some of the benefits for doing so.

Now this would work even better if everyone contacted a business themselves, and I absolutely welcome you all doing so, but I'm a realist and understand that many people are shy, don't know what to say, don't have time, etc. Additionally I think tailoring each email to the company vs a canned message is much more effective so if you do contact a business, try to speak to their specific needs.

Can we see the email, we should be sending same message to each company, Nice move ;D

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 05:06:37 AM »
I would like to see Litecoin on Overstock , but I already spoke with the ceo he's waiting for Coinbase to add it .

Offline Bonksnp

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 05:23:45 AM »

Can we see the email, we should be sending same message to each company, Nice move ;D
Sure what the hell. I emailed the CEO of eBay, John Donahoe.
Hello Mr. Donahoe:

My name is Chris last name and I'm contacting you formally to bring your attention to an alternative to Bitcoin known as Litecoin.  I understand that eBay and Paypal are months, if not years away from integrating digital currency, however I believe it's always wise to evaluate all options available and wanted to shed some "lite" on the most traded crypto currency in the world.

In a recent CNBC interview you discussed personally owning Bitcoin yourself so you may have already heard of Litecoin.  If not, please allow me to illustrate several advantages it has over Bitcoin.
Faster transaction times
A different cryptographic algorithm (Scrypt)
Will produce 4 times as many coins
  All three of these advantages add up to immeasurable benefit to your customers.

"eBay represents opportunity for small sellers.  That's what eBay is made up of."  I believe this is exactly why Litecoin would have a profound effect as being accepted through eBay and Paypal. 

I implore you to consider Litecoin as a means of digital payments through eBay and Paypal and would love to discuss any details or questions you might have.

Sincerely,
Chris last name
I doubt the formatting copied correctly from my email, but you get the idea.

Offline Bonksnp

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 05:25:09 AM »
Right now, I would probably recommend GoCoin but I would certainly let them know the are many choices.

Offline FreeJack2k

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 05:43:48 AM »
I would suggest the strongest payment processor to reduce the possibility of them screwing anyone over and souring them on it all. I think that seems like GoCoin.

Offline Muhammed Zakhir

• Give Your Knowledge And Take Others!
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 09:26:32 AM »
Right now, I would probably recommend GoCoin but I would certainly let them know the are many choices.

I agree with you. You can tell them there are many options to accept. At this moment I would recommend GoCoin but if coinbase accpets LTC, then I would recommend them.
Kindly,
        MZ

Offline Rockyroad

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 03:19:38 AM »
I think that Coinbase only wants to market a single crypto, bitcoin, and will never add litecoin or any other crypto.  The Coinbase gang expects all the crypto miners will convert to bitcoin eventually.  They have had plenty of time to add litecoin.  Just read their mission statement #1 "Make Bidcoin easy to use."  Not make all cryptos easy to use.

We've been saying for a long time that eventually Coinbase will add litecoin.  I doubt it. 

We need someone to build an exchange that will be a strong competitor to Coinbase and market litecoin as it's single crypto.  Go GoCoin.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 03:23:23 AM by Rockyroad »

Offline Muhammed Zakhir

• Give Your Knowledge And Take Others!
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 11:05:45 AM »
We need someone to build an exchange that will be a strong competitor to Coinbase and market litecoin as it's single crypto.  Go GoCoin.
Okay, I agree. But can we give the securities and all the features like Coinbase give? It already got a good fund for the project. Can we get the same fund? I don't think it is possible unless LTC more popular.
Kindly,
        MZ

Offline PioneerYoung

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 08:17:20 AM »
First, they need to accept BTC, then LTC, right? I think this would be a routine for companies.