Author Topic: Official Litecoin.com thread  (Read 16744 times)

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
Re: Official Litecoin.com thread
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2014, 03:41:08 AM »
I think we need to create a system for work to be completed.

Don't get me wrong I think that everyone should have a say but if everyone is creating their own proposal its a lot of work to go through all of them. Not to mention this is probably going take a lot of time.

Perhaps we need to:
1. Organize a brainstorming session with community participation
2. Elect a core team to then organize and compile the information
3. Go through some revisions to refine the intended message with input periods from the community

Once we able able to have a single unified plan we then can organize actionable items/tasks against them.

I'd be willing to help organize and structure the process in which we are going to complete work. I'll just need solid commitment of people in major areas of work. With that I can manage and make sure that litecoin.org is what we all envision it should be!

I do copywriting and typography for fun, I am actually a professional Project Manager. I sort of see the meed for that at the moment more than anything.

The cryptothinktank.com team is also willing to help as well. We're made up of a Media personal, Industry relations professional, an Educator and myself a Project manager. Not to mention this would cost the community nothing and we can use the pool of LTC for more out reach.

I hope I am not speaking out of context here if there is someone already running the show. Like everyone else I just want to see Litecoin takes its deserved market share.

Getting a project manager on board would be a fantastic help, and would value your assistance in making the website. I guess you can say im the one "running the show" but as always I can use help from community members like you.

This thread is the "brainstorming session" along with the original one that Coblee posted. Right now we are in the phase of getting the team together based on the participation of those who are interested in helping out (such as zethien, Losh, ect). Send me a PM and lets talk tomorrow :).

Offline lctrader0

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2014, 04:20:38 AM »
What is the main marketing message for [ltc]?
To me, sorry for being directly, but it should be decided by the community for the community.
I hope coblee would agree on that.

To me the main values of [ltc] are:
- silver to gold
- backup network to btc
- independent network: scrypt
- more liquidity and faster that btc

tks

Right now, to me, the main proposal for litecoin.com is shitty unfortunately.
I thank the developers and the designer for their hard work though.

I work in marketing (albeit in video and not print/web) and I feel compelled to put my two cents in on the messaging that is used in the marketing materials being created for Litecoin, whether it's the video or website...and that is, let's stop talking about Bitcoin. Totally. The "silver to Bitcoin's gold" catchphrase that coblee likes to use might have been a good way to get Litecoin a ride on Bitcoin's coattails initially, but I don't know that's really a ride we want to stay on, anymore. It's time for Litecoin to stand on its own two feet.

agreed

Offline Bonksnp

• Litecoin Association Member
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2014, 04:49:06 AM »
Hey guys sorry I've been absent last couple days, had to go out of town for a work related emergency.

Anyways, I think it would be fantastic to have a PM on board, especially to help with typography since that seems to be what my flyers need help with. It would also help so I can get the design of the flyers in line with the website. The ones I made we're to get things rolling but I have no problem redoing them again.

CryptoDecals, zethien had made a Google doc for us to collaborate on (and maybe we can roll it in as well) but I think it's a good idea to have everything in one place. Let me know what you need from me in order to get access.

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2014, 04:57:53 AM »
Hey guys sorry I've been absent last couple days, had to go out of town for a work related emergency.

Anyways, I think it would be fantastic to have a PM on board, especially to help with typography since that seems to be what my flyers need help with. It would also help so I can get the design of the flyers in line with the website. The ones I made we're to get things rolling but I have no problem redoing them again.

CryptoDecals, zethien had made a Google doc for us to collaborate on (and maybe we can roll it in as well) but I think it's a good idea to have everything in one place. Let me know what you need from me in order to get access.

We have "several" places to collaborate on. I need to talk to a few people (CryptoDecals included) and determine what is the best way to approach this.

Offline crypto_coiner

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2014, 08:18:05 AM »
Hello,
I'm running my own consulting company for many years and it is related to Marketing. Marketing and doing the Promotion of companies and new (foreign) tech startups in Tokyo.
I have acquired skills and experience in how to attract new audience using social media and web marketing tools.
I'm pitching engineers and managers about new values and new concepts every day. And I know some good tricks and techniques to get the attention of recruits.
I can help with writing a sales marketing.

Offline crypto_coiner

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2014, 08:28:09 AM »
@CryptoDecals

Hello,

Can you self-introduce yourself?
Are you a litecoiner that has interest in Litecoin to succeed? or are just a representative from Crypto Think Tank, inc ?
No offence, but you jumped right in a critical moment when Litecoin is facing an identity crisis.
The worst case scenario is that you are here to take Litecoin in a bad direction and undermine it completely.
Sorry to be wary, but I think TheMage and others in charge should first evaluate your profile before taking on your guidelines or Marketing tool.

Cryptocurrency is about trusting nothing but the blockchain (Vires in Numeris). So do I.

Thanks for your comprehension, everyone.

-crypto_coiner (Tokyo, Japan)

Offline crypto_coiner

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2014, 10:11:55 AM »
Let me elaborate on a simple proposal on how to achieve the renewal of litecoin.com (and that of litecoin.org)

- It seems like there are several divided opinions on how to accomplish these.
A thought crossed my mind. What about calling for proposals (marketing pitch + whole mock-up) from several litecoin teams and let the community decide the winner in a voting contest?
As an additional incentive, a litecoin bounty could be won as the prize.

- As an alternative, of course, we could call for 3rd party marketing firms to bid and propose their work, but that would be more expensive and they are probably less motivated in Litecoin personally.
However,  that might have the advantage of having non biased stand point (we might be blind to some essential matters), in principle.

What do you think guys think?

Offline Carnth

• Elite Member
  • Litecoin Association
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2014, 03:31:52 PM »
Sales and marketing are great, but might be premature at this point.

We need to first build a website before we can market it. After it is built, please help with marketing. I would be more than happy to post to Litecoin Associate's Twitter and G+ accounts.

Offline zethien

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2014, 08:41:58 PM »
Here's an example of a flyer for bitcoin: http://ca.bitcoinfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Flyer-jpg.pdf
Is freely distributable, however the color makes it difficult for average people to print (lots of ink)

Offline zethien

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2014, 08:44:35 PM »
@CryptoDecals

Hello,

Are you a litecoiner that has interest in Litecoin to succeed? or are just a representative from Crypto Think Tank, inc ?
No offence, but you jumped right in a critical moment when Litecoin is facing an identity crisis.
The worst case scenario is that you are here to take Litecoin in a bad direction and undermine it completely.
Sorry to be wary, but I think TheMage and others in charge should first evaluate your profile before taking on your guidelines or Marketing tool.

Cryptocurrency is about trusting nothing but the blockchain (Vires in Numeris). So do I.

Wait, what happened? Was it necessary to call a guy out? Cuz that's not a very good dynamic if people start calling each other out....

Offline CryptoDecals

• CryptoThinkTank
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2014, 09:28:08 PM »
@CryptoDecals

Hello,

Hey Crypto_coiner,

Thanks for the concern. To narrow the communication gap let me fill some things in.

As clarity, CryptoDecals is a pseudonym I use on litecointalk.org and Crypto Think Tank Inc is the company I work for. I am more than happy to work on a first name basis if the core development team decides to do so.

Crypto Think Tank as an organization and myself personally, have interest to see Litecoin succeed. It would be foolish and a huge waste of my time otherwise.

Some background on Cyrpto Think Tank and what we've done in the community include:
- Major Sponsor for Coinfest 2013 - represented Litecoin on the debate panel and gave a keynote around altcoins
- creators of the RIGGIT V9- distributed by largest hardware distributor in Canada, NCIX
- Bitpay partners
- hosts of Bitcoin in Business - seminars/events about cryptocurrencies

You can find out more about the company on our website www.cryptothinktank.com.

In regarded to who I am and what I offer personally, perhaps there is a miscommunication. Here is a link to more details about project management:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_manager

The guidelines am suggesting are up for discussion. I am not demanding we use any particular marketing tools, or processes. With that said, through experience I'm able to tell you which process I recommend. As a project manager my responsibilities would include the overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project. Decisions are not be made by me. I am interested in making sure that the project is done and lines up with everyone expectations. The end result will be determined by the community.

I hope that offers you some relief.

Offline losh11

• Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2014, 11:50:20 PM »
Updated website concept with new colours.

removed
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:03:29 PM by losh11 »

Offline Bonksnp

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2014, 01:22:46 AM »
I like it losh. Alot.  :)

Offline Bonksnp

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2014, 01:28:25 AM »
Here's an example of a flyer for bitcoin: http://ca.bitcoinfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Flyer-jpg.pdf
Is freely distributable, however the color makes it difficult for average people to print (lots of ink)
Yea some of mine will use a lot of ink too, but it's not bad.

Here's another one I found back from 2011 which a lot of people seemed to like: http://coinabul.com/images/bitcoinflyer.jpg

Offline crypto_coiner

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2014, 09:09:38 AM »
Sales and marketing are great, but might be premature at this point.

We need to first build a website before we can market it. After it is built, please help with marketing. I would be more than happy to post to Litecoin Associate's Twitter and G+ accounts.

You cannot go into design without a clear marketing plan, unless you are ready to walk in the dark like a blind man.
That is suicidal.