Author Topic: Official Litecoin.com thread  (Read 18180 times)

Offline lctrader0

Re: Official Litecoin.com thread
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 10:15:38 AM »
What is the main marketing message for [ltc]?
To me, sorry for being directly, but it should be decided by the community for the community.
I hope coblee would agree on that.

To me the main values of [ltc] are:
- silver to gold
- backup network to btc
- independent network: scrypt
- more liquidity and faster that btc

tks

Right now, to me, the main proposal for litecoin.com is shitty unfortunately.
I thank the developers and the designer for their hard work though.

Offline CryptoDecals

• CryptoThinkTank
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 04:48:32 PM »
Hey Everyone! Its great to see the community coming together. I have very specific skills in copywriting and typography. I was hoping I could help work with the individuals doing the work, offer guidance and help structure the overall messaging of the projects. Please let me know if I can be of service.

Offline Carnth

• Elite Member
  • Litecoin Association
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2014, 04:53:44 PM »
Hey Everyone! Its great to see the community coming together. I have very specific skills in copywriting and typography. I was hoping I could help work with the individuals doing the work, offer guidance and help structure the overall messaging of the projects. Please let me know if I can be of service.

Yes!

Take a look at the current stuff. Offer your opinions. Feel free to write up your own copy that we can use. We are trying to create a website that offer information to merchants about accepting Litecoin. Post right here in this thread.

Offline CryptoDecals

• CryptoThinkTank
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2014, 05:06:49 PM »
I see we have 2 projects in parallel here: A flyer and the website.

Which is the priority? What is the current working design for the website?

Offline zethien

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2014, 06:43:41 PM »

I personally think it should go website then flyer. That way the flyers can be consistent with the website and point to the website to get people started.
I don think there is a current working design, since no one's really approved anything yet.

Offline losh11

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2014, 07:16:40 PM »

Website should be first. I'm coming up with a design right now...

Offline CryptoDecals

• CryptoThinkTank
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2014, 07:20:35 PM »
Sounds great. Do you have a wire frame I can work with?

Offline zethien

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2014, 08:21:44 PM »
Seeing as how people are now responding to some things here and on reddit, maybe the better idea would be for each of us who feels they have a different direction for Litecoin to submit a more full-bodied proposal. State what your focused audience is, how specifically your message is stated, what you intended the Litecoin.com site to be, how Litecoin.com will continue operations, etc.

Would this help everyone choose a direction?

Also someone has suggested now a couple of times to just hire a real marketing firm to do it. This would be better in terms of everyone not fracturing the community since you get whatever you get from marketing firm and its done. Maybe we should come back again to consider this option if some Litecoiners are willing to front the bill. So far not many have stepped up to that since the last time it was suggested...

Offline CryptoDecals

• CryptoThinkTank
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2014, 09:00:37 PM »
I think we need to create a system for work to be completed.

Don't get me wrong I think that everyone should have a say but if everyone is creating their own proposal its a lot of work to go through all of them. Not to mention this is probably going take a lot of time.

Perhaps we need to:
1. Organize a brainstorming session with community participation
2. Elect a core team to then organize and compile the information
3. Go through some revisions to refine the intended message with input periods from the community

Once we able able to have a single unified plan we then can organize actionable items/tasks against them.

I'd be willing to help organize and structure the process in which we are going to complete work. I'll just need solid commitment of people in major areas of work. With that I can manage and make sure that litecoin.org is what we all envision it should be!

I do copywriting and typography for fun, I am actually a professional Project Manager. I sort of see the meed for that at the moment more than anything.

The cryptothinktank.com team is also willing to help as well. We're made up of a Media personal, Industry relations professional, an Educator and myself a Project manager. Not to mention this would cost the community nothing and we can use the pool of LTC for more out reach.

I hope I am not speaking out of context here if there is someone already running the show. Like everyone else I just want to see Litecoin takes its deserved market share.

Offline CryptoDecals

• CryptoThinkTank
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2014, 10:54:22 PM »
Hey Guys, I am not sure if there was a document created to track progress and consolidate ideas but I've created this live Litcoin.org Proposal on Google Docs.

Feel free to leave comments in it. Ill be working on it periodically throughout the next few days to update it as I receive live feedback.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J2APoRLwO5vpPQFqb9xJrGz98tk_TPq0ZB68RXNKQnY/edit#heading=h.j98skuaznwh5

I noticed that:

The website layout will have a hard end date of 6/20. After that I will determine how to proceed.

Ill update the document to reflect work done as well if a decision or design is accepted.

Offline FreeJack2k

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2014, 11:00:23 PM »
What is the main marketing message for [ltc]?
To me, sorry for being directly, but it should be decided by the community for the community.
I hope coblee would agree on that.

To me the main values of [ltc] are:
- silver to gold
- backup network to btc
- independent network: scrypt
- more liquidity and faster that btc

tks

Right now, to me, the main proposal for litecoin.com is shitty unfortunately.
I thank the developers and the designer for their hard work though.

I work in marketing (albeit in video and not print/web) and I feel compelled to put my two cents in on the messaging that is used in the marketing materials being created for Litecoin, whether it's the video or website...and that is, let's stop talking about Bitcoin. Totally. The "silver to Bitcoin's gold" catchphrase that coblee likes to use might have been a good way to get Litecoin a ride on Bitcoin's coattails initially, but I don't know that's really a ride we want to stay on, anymore. It's time for Litecoin to stand on its own two feet.

Offline CryptoDecals

• CryptoThinkTank
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2014, 11:18:34 PM »
It's time for Litecoin to stand on its own two feet.

I completely agree with this statement. Litecoin has a lot going for it without direct comparison to other coins.

We should really leverage the fact that Litecoin in many senses is a social evolution. Many of the questions people have about Bitcoin can be answered for litecoin. Everyone in the community knows Litecoin's creator, lets make sure so does the rest of the world.

Instead of explaining the elaborate blockchain of litecoin, lets simplify it.

What are miners doing? They are confirming transactions.

When everyone contributes to the network it allows us to be secure. No one person is responsible for your money, we all are.

Offline losh11

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2014, 11:24:01 PM »
CryptoDecals can I have write access to that document please?

Offline CryptoDecals

• CryptoThinkTank
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2014, 12:27:00 AM »
Sent you a PM losh11

For anyone else interested in access to the google doc please send me a PM.

Please also let me know what area you plan on working on so I can keep track. Alternatively you can post your suggestions here and ill add them. Comments with in the document are also welcome.

Offline CryptoDecals

• CryptoThinkTank
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2014, 12:30:43 AM »
Hey FreeJack2k, I've added the Litecoin Video as a task of the website. Please keep me in the lop as to your plans.