Author Topic: Official Litecoin.com thread  (Read 18655 times)

Offline zethien

Re: Official Litecoin.com thread
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 03:20:11 PM »
I both like and dont like the new blue color. I think the blue works well as a brand color. But I don't like it on that logo. Maybe on a flatter one like #6 above.

I've been slow to post my graphics, but
I've also been using a flatter variation:

I like transparency, and scalability, so that's what I made this one more geared towards.
SVG: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4WRDT4v3dZQUzVUN2ROVXJnblE/edit?usp=sharing
AI: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4WRDT4v3dZQV0prNkpLdktwbUU/edit?usp=sharing

Offline zethien

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 03:33:08 PM »
Do you guys (or anyone really) have any suggestions as to what it should say instead?

I think maybe the wording should be changed a bit. For instance I dont think the word "cryptography" is going to means so much to the average business person. "How exactly is that something that benefits me?" will be a lingering question. The security advantage for a merchant is more that they dont have to worry about holding sensitive customer information. That removes liability on them, and therefore cuts cost.

I think maybe something more along the lines of the short points I made in "The Details" section here: http://zethien.com/stuff/litecoin/ would be very effective. Of course these may need some work too. But something that has short points, 1 sentence description, maybe with an associated icon for the point, would fit very well for the inside of the fold flyer.

Bonksnp,

A small bit of feedback in passing... more to come.

Avoid the question, "Ever wonder...?" Instead, be declarative. E.G. "Save money, add security, and..."

Also, avoid the "easier than you think" bit. Ever so slightly, it degrades the reader.  Also avoid the contraction. Oh, and is "Scan the barcode below" necessary?

newb1

I agree with newb1's points. Also, we want to say something like "run your business better" but not say it that way. That sounds like we think you aren't running your business very well currently. We want to avoid that. I think the emphasis should be on how you are opening yourself to new customers. That by not accepting Litecoin you're overlooking business that would otherwise be spending money at your establishment. Something like that.

Offline losh11

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2014, 06:54:50 PM »
Sneak Peak - just realised that I forgot some titles and stuff (that's why you don't create stuff at 2am).

REMOVED

Each border is a new sort of tab. I'll explain the design after I finish, but this is what many people use for web design.
All logos used here can be used without asking the creators permission or name. Also all of it is vector.
I wasn't sure what to add as text, so I copied stuff from litecoin.org
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:04:15 PM by losh11 »

Offline Armi2009

• The "Ł" Stands for Value
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 08:08:22 PM »
I just made 3 versions of my background image including the new logos. The original blue (#1) and grey (#2) versions of the coin didn't work well as you can see, so I had to darken the whole coin a little (#3).

Here are the low-res previews:

High-res download link for #3:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4nxq0pc2elr9ae/LTC_Wallpaper_Logo%233.png

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:12:15 PM by Armi2009 »

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 12:21:10 AM »
I just made 3 versions of my background image including the new logos. The original blue (#1) and grey (#2) versions of the coin didn't work well as you can see, so I had to darken the whole coin a little (#3).

I really like these! I want one of them (or another ver) to be on Litecoin.com (unless anyone has any objections).

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 12:23:56 AM »
This seems to be the consensus for the Litecoin logo, information from Carnth and also Coblee said the logo should be what the community agree on.

'The current logo that community seems to deem "official" is

But it is slowly becoming the "old logo" and being replaced by the logos in this post: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=19976.msg175027#msg175027

For color of the logo (besides the sliver/grey) take a look at the bottom of this post:
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=19976.msg178225#msg178225

The Litecoin logo uses the "Litecoin Association" blue color.'

sorry im a sucker for oldie but goldie ;). Not sure how everyone else feels, but I like the silver/grey with white look.

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 12:25:44 AM »
Sneak Peak - just realised that I forgot some titles and stuff (that's why you don't create stuff at 2am).

Each border is a new sort of tab. I'll explain the design after I finish, but this is what many people use for web design.
All logos used here can be used without asking the creators permission or name. Also all of it is vector.

Just some constructive criticism, I dont really like the orange background (seems less inviting to me) and I think I understand what you mean by tabs but will this involve a lot of scrolling? I want to go with a minimal amount of scrolling as possible.

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 04:47:15 AM »

This has been bothering me, what the hell is with the period lol?  ???

Offline Armi2009

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2014, 06:44:37 AM »

This has been bothering me, what the hell is with the period lol?  ???

If you zoom in about 2 bazillion percent, it reads the word "bump", but I may be wrong. :D

Offline manfred

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2014, 06:48:44 AM »

I really like these! I want one of them (or another ver) to be on Litecoin.com (unless anyone has any objections).
+1 (maybe with the original )

sorry im a sucker for oldie but goldie ;). Not sure how everyone else feels, but I like the silver/grey with white look.
+1
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 07:04:57 AM by manfred »

Offline Armi2009

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2014, 07:09:54 AM »

Just some constructive criticism, I dont really like the orange background (seems less inviting to me) and I think I understand what you mean by tabs but will this involve a lot of scrolling? I want to go with a minimal amount of scrolling as possible.

What about a design like this one for example?
http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/demos/parallax/#

Code + Tutorial, seems no too difficult to implement
http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/css/create-scrolling-parallax-website/

There you can scroll OR click the corresponding links in the header to get to each section of the website. Beside that, the scrolling effects look really smooth and "state-of-the-art". It's HTML5 though, which means it might not be viewable by all people because of them using older browsers (question to coders - maybe there could be some kind of fallback to an alternative static version in such situation?)

+1 (maybe with the original )

Shouldn't be a problem to change the logo. But we would first need a definitive agreement on what the offcial logo will be on ALL sites associated with Litecoin!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:39:00 PM by Armi2009 »

Offline losh11

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2014, 11:52:58 AM »

What about a design like this one for example?
http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/demos/parallax/#

Code + Tutorial, seems no too difficult to implement
http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/css/create-scrolling-parallax-website/

There you can scroll OR click the correspoinding links in the header to get to each section of the website. Beside that, the scrolling effects look really smooth and "state-of-the-art". It's HTML5 though, which means it might not be viewable by all people because of them using older browsers (question to coders - maybe there you could be some kind of fallback to an alternative static version in such situation?)

I would recommend to write it in HTML5, usually it makes it much easier...
They are ways to make it both HTML5 and available for users who have an old browser.

Usually people put up banners that detect an old browser and recommend updating, Google does this.

Offline crypto_coiner

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 01:26:28 PM »
Hello,

I think these designs are getting closer to the main point of Litecoin.
Namely: Litecoin is the biggest crypto currency in the world, that can be used as a secure way of transaction. Period.
This is an absolute value. There's no relative value to fabricate v.s. Bitcoin.

Now, how could it have arrived to such a point? By being Lite. Faster Transactions, More supply. Period.

So there are 2 characters to reflect in the design:
1) BIGGEST in the world
2) LIGHT

I hope that proposal will be heard.

Faithfully yours,

-crypto_coiner (Tokyo, Japan)

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2014, 03:31:18 AM »
Unless otherwise directed by the other LA board members, Warren, or Coblee himself, we are going with this logo ).

crypto_coiner,

Your comments are noted and thank you for your suggestions! However I would advise against using "the biggest crypto currency in the world" because it can be somewhat deceptive. It may be the largest traded, but that can change from day to day (ive seen BTC beat LTC in terms of trades per day sometimes). Its almost not the largest market cap, which may be what people would think when they see "the biggest".

Your comment about being faster is a good one thought!

Offline crypto_coiner

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2014, 04:24:24 AM »
Marketing is about deception. Albeit a positive one, i.e.
1) making people focus on one aspect of Reality, not everything at the same time.
2) emphasizing a latent reality that has been tested only a few times
OR
3) fulfilling a self-fulfilling prophecy
I agree you might want to reformulate the tag line into: the most-traded crypto or the most liquid, etc..

But if you use words like 4 times as faster , this is not appealing as Fastcoin is like 10 times as faster.
This is not gonna work. You have a problem. You are just stating flat, almost tautological words.
"Future of Commerce"? Very Vague. Non Specific. Could be said of every single coin out there.
Every single coin out of 3 has this tag line. Not gonna work.

Now, please consider this: how did Steve Jobs sell the Macbook Air?
By telling people that it was the thinnest  (and demonstrating it was on the stage) notebook in the World.
Now he did not go and check to measure if Sony's were even thinner.
He knew that his was suitably very thin, beautifully designed and technologically reliable, and that was enough for people to associate and recognize it as the thinnest one.

Litecoin can solve its Marketing problem the same way (and make people buy it):
By telling people a Truth (and reflecting it on the design and demonstrating with track records).
Some proposals for the tag line:
* The Biggest Crypto-Currency in the World (in traded volume)
* The Largest Crypto-Currency in the World
* The Most liquid Crypto-Currency on the Planet.

If after 3 years of history, Litecoin has not understood what it is, we are in trouble.

-crypto_coiner (Tokyo, Japan)