Author Topic: Official Litecoin.com thread  (Read 18163 times)

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
Official Litecoin.com thread
« on: June 16, 2014, 04:53:37 AM »
During the LA meeting today I told everyone I was going to make a thread and consolidate all the information for Litecoin.com. This will be the official area that we talk about graphics, layout, merchant basket, and so on. Because this is a COMMUNITY effort, we really need the community to gather here and provide input.

As of 6/16, we have collected 137.2 LTC to fund this effort, which I am holding and using to manage this effort. The donation address for this is LNYBbaB3CrQ2PxfM9DhNM55GdYPkDvXXxq if anyone cares to continue to donate. All extra proceeds will be goign to the LTC marketing fund.

So far here is the list of content creators

Armi2009 - Graphics/Wallpaper
Crazik - Website layout/design
zethien - Website layout/design
Bonksnp - Merchant basket
Maertn - Offerned to help with Website layout/design

The website layout will have a hard end date of 6/20. After that I will determine how to proceed.

Also Treasure_finder and Newb1 is assisting me in managing this project.

If I left someone out, please let me know and I will add you. And to the content providers above, please submit your work in this thread for discussions. Thank you

Offline Armi2009

• The "Ł" Stands for Value
Re: Official Litecoin.com thread
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 06:44:54 AM »
Okay, let me begin. :)

During the last days I worked on a 3D render of a Litecoin wallpaper. I did it just for fun to be honest, but I think the image turned out quite good and may(!) be used as a background image on the official Litecoin.com website.

A low resolution version:

Here is the full resolution image with 1920x1080px:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/16p6wl51dqhbycv/LTC_Wallpaper_1920x1080.png

I also quickly hacked together Zethien's work on the Litecoin.com layout and my image as a background so you can get an idea on how it would look like combined:

Tastes differ, so I would like to invite everyone to tell me what you think about the image! Please keep in mind that this only started as a hobby project and I'm by no means a great graphics artists. So, if people decide to go by another website background, it'd be fine too! Maybe the whole theme is too dark and spacey (to da moon!!! <sorry, couldn't resist>)? Maybe we should use Zethien's original image after removing the twin towers and such? Don't know, please tell me! :)

---------------------------------------

If anybody is interested, here are 2 extra images from the coin you see floating above Earth. The coin as such is a full 3D model too and below you can see it in it's original blueish design:

One with lights turned on...

...and one with lights turned off

Okay, now it's your turn, comments and suggestions are welcome!  8)

Offline manfred

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 08:32:35 AM »
Okay, now it's your turn, comments and suggestions are welcome!  8)
I think ist better then the towers but the bottom blue part seems un-proportional large compared to the top menus.
Also we need to stick to 1 litecoin logo

Offline Carnth

• Elite Member
  • Litecoin Association
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 03:27:20 PM »

Offline Bonksnp

• Litecoin Association Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 04:41:49 PM »
Here's what I have as of now.  As always, feedback in welcomed and encouraged.

Flyer 1 (now "digital" currency instead of "Internet" currency): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9WiVNwdNg-iOS1PMzJPeWNsUmM/edit?usp=sharing

"Fold" Flyer 2 (OUTSIDE): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9WiVNwdNg-iVTg2a3JSY3I2OWM/edit?usp=sharing

"Fold" Flyer 2 (INSIDE, made a few adjustments, added a little color): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9WiVNwdNg-iY1R0VjN1R0c1OWc/edit?usp=sharing

"How to accept" Flyer 3: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9WiVNwdNg-iaVBDV0RzUVFxem8/edit?usp=sharing

"What is Crypto" Flyer 4 (Replaced "digital" font TheMage hated :D, little spacing/tweaking done as well): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9WiVNwdNg-iZFAwMThTQW9PeTQ/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 04:50:43 PM by Bonksnp »

Offline zethien

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 06:09:09 PM »
Fold Flyer 2.
Simple. clean. straight to the point.
We may want to work on the wording just a bit though. And make sure everything is consistent with what will be on the website and other material.

Offline crazik

• Administrator
    • great humour zone
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 06:26:43 PM »
Flyer #2 Outside is awesome.
Inside needs a better typography, but it looks very promising..

Offline zethien

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 07:02:02 PM »
I'm gonna take a bit of the initiative here: Just so I can get an idea of how we can all best work together, can the following people reply with what skills/experience you've had in design/marketing/webdev, what tools you work with (such as adobe CS, blender, etc), and what file formats you prefer to work in (i.g. psd and ai, png or svg for save for web)

Armi2009 - Graphics/Wallpaper
Crazik - Website layout/design
zethien - Website layout/design
Bonksnp - Merchant basket
Maertn - Offerned to help with Website layout/design

If anyone else wants to contribute please also reply.

What I want to do is crowd source very specific pieces of the website construction, that way we all are sure to be working together and have clear goals, milestones, and requirements to get things actually done. I will post those soon.

Offline zethien

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 08:37:35 PM »
My skills are
Photoshop, illustrator, inDesign, (the rest of adobe CS)
HTML/CSS, Javascript, PHP

Experience doing full design packages for local businesses. Lots of experience with Wordpress.

I prefer things in photoshop for print material.
And illustrator for web material (icons, logos, web elements, etc). Prefer end graphics to be in png or svg.

I would prefer to do design and site building, and after administrating if possible. I would prefer to not work on authoring content if possible. Writing takes me too long, and I am probably not the most eloquent.

Offline losh11

• Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 08:46:22 PM »
Can I help?

My skills include: Illustrator, PS, AE and pretty much any Adobe product (apart from Premiere).
I have done previous work in HTML, CSS and JS.

Offline zethien

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 10:43:21 PM »
Can I help?

My skills include: Illustrator, PS, AE and pretty much any Adobe product (apart from Premiere).
I have done previous work in HTML, CSS and JS.

Of course welcome aboard. As soon as we figure out all the logistics and coordination hopefully we can hammer this out pretty quick!

Offline Bonksnp

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 11:09:20 PM »
Fold Flyer 2.
Simple. clean. straight to the point.
We may want to work on the wording just a bit though. And make sure everything is consistent with what will be on the website and other material.
Flyer #2 Outside is awesome.
Inside needs a better typography, but it looks very promising..
Do you guys (or anyone really) have any suggestions as to what it should say instead?

Offline crazik

• Administrator
    • great humour zone
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 06:46:50 AM »
@Bonksnp: I'm not complaining about content, but typography - font, line height, space between letters.
Please try find similar font, but with more space around.

Offline newb1

• www.litecoinlearner.com
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 11:22:04 AM »
Bonksnp,

A small bit of feedback in passing... more to come.

Avoid the question, "Ever wonder...?" Instead, be declarative. E.G. "Save money, add security, and..."

Also, avoid the "easier than you think" bit. Ever so slightly, it degrades the reader.  Also avoid the contraction. Oh, and is "Scan the barcode below" necessary?

newb1
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 11:27:56 AM by newb1 »

Offline saigoned

• Bitcoin and Litcoin Merchandise Coming Soon
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 01:54:39 PM »
This seems to be the consensus for the Litecoin logo, information from Carnth and also Coblee said the logo should be what the community agree on.

'The current logo that community seems to deem "official" is

But it is slowly becoming the "old logo" and being replaced by the logos in this post: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=19976.msg175027#msg175027

For color of the logo (besides the sliver/grey) take a look at the bottom of this post:
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=19976.msg178225#msg178225

The Litecoin logo uses the "Litecoin Association" blue color.'