Author Topic: [StarMiner] - ARM controller image for your ASIC mining needs!  (Read 69894 times)

Offline beekeeper

• LTC Gear
Re: [StarMiner] - ARM controller image for your ASIC mining needs!
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2014, 04:59:05 PM »
In case anyone needs code example for MCU - FPGA initialization / communication (a different firmware for MCU), please PM me.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:19:58 PM by beekeeper »

Offline LinuxETC

• The Linux ETC Company
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2014, 05:06:57 PM »
Ok, this is wierd.  I rebooted and now the /dev/ttyUSB* devices show up.

Good to hear, so some progress... :)

There are still problems.  The file /etc/miners/cgminer-zeusminer/cgminer.conf is missing scan-serial.  The file /etc/miners/cgminer-zeusminer/startest.conf has it, so I copied that line and put it into cgminer.conf.  The miner fired up finally, but it has been compiled without curses so there is no dashboard to view for those that enjoy viewing it in the OS.  It has to be compiled with curses support to get rid of the scrolling vertical text.

Oops, a minor mistake on our end on the configuration differences between the "test" and "default" ones.  I can correct that shortly.

I will look into the recompile with curses as well which I thought was done properly before. 

Offline schnauzr

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2014, 05:24:32 PM »
I will look into the recompile with curses as well which I thought was done properly before.

You may have done it correctly but maybe something else is preventing it from working right.  I just compiled --with-curses and got this:

Configuration Options Summary:

curses.TUI...........: FOUND: -lncurses

But after make, and trying to run it, still no curses... everything scrolls.  What's the proper command to compile with curses support?  I could have sworn i used --with-curses on the zenminer and it worked.

Offline LinuxETC

• The Linux ETC Company
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2014, 05:29:32 PM »
You may have done it correctly but maybe something else is preventing it from working right.  I just compiled --with-curses and got this:

Configuration Options Summary:

curses.TUI...........: FOUND: -lncurses

But after make, and trying to run it, still no curses... everything scrolls.  What's the proper command to compile with curses support?  I could have sworn i used --with-curses on the zenminer and it worked.

We are looking into this and will advise accordingly since we noticed the same exact things a few moments go.  :-\

Stay tuned in folks! :)

Offline schnauzr

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2014, 05:31:53 PM »
We are looking into this and will advise accordingly since we noticed the same exact things a few moments go.  :-\
Ok here's what I used

Code: [Select]
autoreconf -fvi
./configure CFLAGS="-O2" --with-curses
make

Offline schnauzr

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2014, 05:45:08 PM »
Ok i have absolutely no idea what's going on, but i rebooted again, and now the starsc command shows the curses dashboard with the binary that came with the image.  I have not added anything or changed anything, I attempted to recompile in a separate folder so none of that was being used.  Perhaps I am going crazy  :o

Offline LinuxETC

• The Linux ETC Company
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2014, 05:49:34 PM »
Ok here's what I used

autoreconf -fvi
./configure CFLAGS="-O2" --with-curses
make

Thanks and likewise on our end.  Have a message out to xspeed9190 for clarification.

Offline LinuxETC

• The Linux ETC Company
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2014, 05:55:39 PM »
Ok i have absolutely no idea what's going on, but i rebooted again, and now the starsc command shows the curses dashboard with the binary that came with the image.  I have not added anything or changed anything, I attempted to recompile in a separate folder so none of that was being used.  Perhaps I am going crazy  :o

The issue we are having unfortunately is cgminer for Zeus Miner cannot detected an ASIC (since we do not have one here), so we are shooting in the dark at this time.  cgminer terminates due to such (as expected) though.

Is anyone else able to get things working with a Zeus Miner ASIC after a reboot?  We will do another upload of the files with the proper configuration files in place shortly as well.

Thanks in advance once again folks, and happy/profitable mining! 8)

Offline schnauzr

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2014, 06:27:42 PM »

The issue we are having unfortunately is cgminer for Zeus Miner cannot detected an ASIC (since we do not have one here), so we are shooting in the dark at this time.  cgminer terminates due to such (as expected) though.

Is anyone else able to get things working with a Zeus Miner ASIC after a reboot?  We will do another upload of the files with the proper configuration files in place shortly as well.

Thanks in advance once again folks, and happy/profitable mining! 8)
I'll try to help as much as I can.  I'm re-imaging my SD card so I can start with a clean slate since I know what to change now.  Also you may need to create an array for the /dev/ttyUSB* devices... since putting just ttyUSB0 only detected one of my three Furys until I put in the other two devices.  I notice in zenminer it passes a command line serial device search from 0 to 10.

Offline schnauzr

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2014, 08:23:00 PM »
Ok, just flashed a fresh image and started all over.  On first boot, starminer detected my Furys, the /dev/ttyUSB* devices were present this time.

1)  vi /etc/miners/cgminer-zeusminer/cgminer.conf
2) added personal pool info
3) added "scan-serial" array to search for up to 10 miners (lots of folks use 10 port hubs)
4) removed "verbose" : "true" from the last line of the config - there was just too much data coming through on the starsc dashboard, and none of my other cgminer conf files have this setting.  Note, since "shares" : "0" becomes the last line, the comma after that line needs to be removed or else the miner won't start.
5) Curses support is there!  I'm not sure why it wasn't working when I tried it before.  It looks like it's been compiled correctly as released.

Unfortunately, there is no monitoring on the web UI for the individual Zeus-chip miners.   The pool info shows up fine, and the graph seems to update, but I cannot see individual stats, hashrate, accepts, rejects, etc, in the web UI, it does not show up.  This shows up in the header of the page though:

132 total accepted shares
0 total rejected shares
0.000% reject ratio   
0 of 0 ASICs are OK
10 HW Errors
4875.73 Work Utility
Uptime: 36 min
CPU Load: 2.26
Mem free: 0.340 GB

The large counter in the upper left does show the overall hashrate for the 3 miners (~4 Mh/s)

Here is a copy of my config file:

{
"pools" : [
        {
                "url" : "PRIMARY POOL HERE",
                "user" : "USERNAME",
                "pass" : "PASSWORD"
        },
        {
                "url" : "FAILOVER POOL HERE",
        }
]
"api-description" : "cgminer v3.1.1-zm",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"api-port" : "4028",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"chips-count" : "6",
"ltc-clk" : "328",
"nocheck-golden" : true,
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "9999",
"scan-serial" : [
"/dev/ttyUSB0",
"/dev/ttyUSB1",
"/dev/ttyUSB2",
"/dev/ttyUSB3",
"/dev/ttyUSB4",
"/dev/ttyUSB5",
"/dev/ttyUSB6",
"/dev/ttyUSB7",
"/dev/ttyUSB8",
"/dev/ttyUSB9"
],
"scan-time" : "30",
"scrypt" : true,
"shares" : "0"
}

Once you set the zeusminer profile to start on boot from seedmanager, it seems to get right up and running on a reboot or cold boot.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 08:30:11 PM by schnauzr »

Offline cestmoi

« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2014, 08:49:55 PM »
Ok, just flashed a fresh image and started all over.  On first boot, starminer detected my Furys, the /dev/ttyUSB* devices were present this time.

1)  vi /etc/miners/cgminer-zeusminer/cgminer.conf
2) added personal pool info
3) added "scan-serial" array to search for up to 10 miners (lots of folks use 10 port hubs)
4) removed "verbose" : "true" from the last line of the config - there was just too much data coming through on the starsc dashboard, and none of my other cgminer conf files have this setting.  Note, since "shares" : "0" becomes the last line, the comma after that line needs to be removed or else the miner won't start.
5) Curses support is there!  I'm not sure why it wasn't working when I tried it before.  It looks like it's been compiled correctly as released.

Unfortunately, there is no monitoring on the web UI for the individual Zeus-chip miners.   The pool info shows up fine, and the graph seems to update, but I cannot see individual stats, hashrate, accepts, rejects, etc, in the web UI, it does not show up.  This shows up in the header of the page though:

132 total accepted shares
0 total rejected shares
0.000% reject ratio   
0 of 0 ASICs are OK
10 HW Errors
4875.73 Work Utility
Uptime: 36 min
CPU Load: 2.26
Mem free: 0.340 GB

The large counter in the upper left does show the overall hashrate for the 3 miners (~4 Mh/s)

Here is a copy of my config file:

{
        {
                "url" : "PRIMARY POOL HERE",
        },
        {
                "url" : "FAILOVER POOL HERE",
        }
]
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"expiry" : "120",
"scan-serial" : [
"/dev/ttyUSB0",
"/dev/ttyUSB1",
"/dev/ttyUSB2",
"/dev/ttyUSB3",
"/dev/ttyUSB4",
"/dev/ttyUSB5",
"/dev/ttyUSB6",
"/dev/ttyUSB7",
"/dev/ttyUSB8",
"/dev/ttyUSB9"
],
"shares" : "0"
}

Once you set the zeusminer profile to start on boot from seedmanager, it seems to get right up and running on a reboot or cold boot.

Hi,
Are you sure of your scan-serial syntax ?

My file :
{
        {
            "url": "stratum+tcp://x:3333",
            "user": "y",
            "pass": "z"
        },
        {
             "url": "stratum+tcp://x:3333",
            "user": "y",
            "pass": "z"
        }
    ]
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1,192.168.2/24",
"expiry" : "300",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"shares" : "0",
"scan-serial" : "/dev/ttyUSB0,/dev/ttyUSB1,/dev/ttyUSB2,/dev/ttyUSB3,/dev/ttyUSB4",
"verbose" : true
}

He work fine with 5 blizzards

I have make an update of starminer :
- i have past directory etc/miners with permission 777 and set group, owner and permissions recursively
- idem with opt/miners/cgminer-zeusminer directory
With this update i can view/change cgminer.conf directly on starminer (before config remains empty).

Offline schnauzr

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2014, 08:56:21 PM »
Hi,
Are you sure of your scan-serial syntax ?
Yes I'm positive, took a couple of tries to get the array right but it finally works without issues.  Looking at your config file, it looks like we found two ways of doing the same thing :) - I was not aware you could throw them all into one line (although I tried, I was unsuccessful, probably something with commas and quotes or whatever.. always little things).  My array will look for 10 devices and in case you have less it will just run whatever you have without any errors.  I'm sure your one-liner could support more /dev/ttyUSB* devices as well if you get more ASICs.

I hadn't noticed any issues with changing the config but I don't use the webUI for anything except viewing the miners progress and maybe switching pools.  Nice find!

Offline LinuxETC

• The Linux ETC Company
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2014, 09:03:43 PM »
For schnauzr:
Thanks for the update. :)  There is an upload that corrects the /etc/miners/cgminer-zeusminer/cgminer.conf different with /etc/miners/cgminer-zeusminer/startest.conf which should be done in a few hours.

The "verbose" : true option is actually used on our end for diagnostics and troubleshooting. ;)  For others though, yes the cgminer TUI can be a bit "overwhelming".  Removing this option should be quite fine.

Do you have a screen shot of the "Overview" page of the webUI to post?  We can look into the reporting to the webUI issues accordingly (though a bit "shooting from the hip" of course). 8)

For everyone:
If you wish to check your configuration files for "JSON syntax", go to http://www.jsonlint.com and plug the whole config file into it for JSON validation.  This helps with troubleshooting things like an extra comma or brace/bracket/parenthesis in the config that was overlooked. ;)

Offline schnauzr

« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2014, 09:12:14 PM »
For schnauzr:
Thanks for the update. :)  There is an upload that corrects the /etc/miners/cgminer-zeusminer/cgminer.conf different with /etc/miners/cgminer-zeusminer/startest.conf which should be done in a few hours.

The "verbose" : true option is actually used on our end for diagnostics and troubleshooting. ;)  For others though, yes the cgminer TUI can be a bit "overwhelming".  Removing this option should be quite fine.

Do you have a screen shot of the "Overview" page of the webUI to post?  We can look into the reporting to the webUI issues accordingly (though a bit "shooting from the hip" of course). 8)

For everyone:
If you wish to check your configuration files for "JSON syntax", go to http://www.jsonlint.com and plug the whole config file into it for JSON validation.  This helps with troubleshooting things like an extra comma or brace/bracket/parenthesis in the config that was overlooked. ;)

Ah okay!  If verbose is useful to you maybe folks shouldn't remove it then hahahaha.  I just thought it was odd since none of my other miners have that option. 

Here is a screen shot

Thanks for the JSON tip.. I had no idea!

Also, any way to get rid of the HW errors highlighting on the graphs?  ASICs are bound to have HW errors and I'd rather not see a bunch of red stuff everywhere.  Haha.

Offline LinuxETC

• The Linux ETC Company
[StarMiner] - 04Jun2014 release version
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2014, 11:15:21 PM »
04 June 2014 version release notes and change log:
Files for download from SourceForge can be found here.
  • Fixes the Zeus Miner configuration file to match the StarMiner test configuration properly.