Author Topic: [StarMiner] - ARM controller image for your ASIC mining needs!  (Read 71275 times)

Offline LinuxETC

• The Linux ETC Company
Re: [StarMiner] - ARM controller image for your ASIC mining needs!
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 06:11:21 PM »
I compiled the gawminer with curses on the pi.
Hi,
Where did you find the source files GAWminer ?
Is this the same as zeusminer or is it those of raspberry img zenminer ?

Thanks for your job at all

I "believe" GAW's miners are rebranded Zeus Miner ASIC units (do not quote me on this though).  However, I cannot confirm nor deny this first hand since we at Linux ETC do not have either one (though pricing wise in US$, GAW is less).  :'( The same would go for similar "next generation" ASIC units being resold by ZoomHash, Hashra, and Hash Master as well.  :P ::)

The information is on a support page on GAW Miner's web site for those who want to use xspeed9190's methods.  We are currently working on adding Zeus Miner ASIC profiles and support to StarMiner as well, though xspeed9190 will be testing something out we encountered later today to confirm this for potentially a "better deal". 8)

Also to note, this newer image release will also fix the SSH issue encountered by a few who decided to attempt an update of the 12 May 2014 StarMiner image, and reported on the BitcoinTalk.org forums as well.

So bare with us some while we work on this and exercise a little patience please. :)  Thanks in advance!

Offline cestmoi

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2014, 06:53:18 PM »
I finally receive my zeusminer (Blizzard not a GAWminer Clone) tomorrow (hopefully).
I have installed cgminer with xspeed9190 method on Raspberry PI.
I will test them tomorrow but i'm not sure of cgminer files source used by xspeed9190.

Offline Raw-H

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 08:25:15 AM »
I finally receive my zeusminer (Blizzard not a GAWminer Clone) tomorrow (hopefully).
I have installed cgminer with xspeed9190 method on Raspberry PI.
I will test them tomorrow but i'm not sure of cgminer files source used by xspeed9190.

I woudn't be so sure about that :S. My blizzard looks exactly thesame as a GAWminer fury, except for the GAWminer-logo. My blizzard is even made from the black enclosure you see at GAWminers.

Heck, they probably use thesame cgminer. Both don't have the information bar on top you normally see with cgminer, but instead the endless scrolling of information.

Offline cestmoi

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2014, 12:39:56 PM »
Starminer work perfectly with xspeed9190 method on Raspberry PI, except informations from each miner via API does not appear  :(.

I have tested with Zeuminer Cgminer (V2.0) compiled with curses, Cgminer01 and Cgminer02 from zenminer.img (all work with same result)

I will make a Donation shortly after I gained some [ltc] to support your project (like minera and scripta).

Thanks at all.

Offline LinuxETC

• The Linux ETC Company
For the next release: ZeusMiner ASIC support
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2014, 08:43:40 PM »
A minor update, as well as a quick question for the many who are following the StarMiner project.  We are adding in support for the ZeusMiner ASIC (= GAW's "Fury", "Black Widow", etc.) while still maintaining support for Gridseed ASIC's as well.

The initial release will not have a "default" mining application to run upon initial startup.  One would start up the Raspberry Pi with the new image, enter the webUI, and select either "-gridseed" or "-zeusminer", then "Start" to begin the mining sequence (from the "Overview" or the "Miner Details" web page.  To have the miner "Start On Boot", one would also have to go to the "SeedManager Configuration" page to enable this option (disabled currently).

We "could" make an image to default to (A) Gridseed ASIC, and another image to default to (B) ZeusMiner ASIC to help those who are not too technically inclined.  The downside is that it would take some time to upload three versions with their individual files (the .img, the .bz2, and the .zip files) since these files are 3.5GB, 1.2GB, and 1.5GB in sizes respectively (x3 as well since there would be the "base" (unconfigured), Gridseed, and Zeus Miner versions).   :-\

This default configuration for the Zeus Miner ASIC will be for the "Blizzard" (= GAW's "Fury") with some additional notes posted on our SourceForge wiki with what to change for the other Zeus Miner ASIC models for effective and efficient mining.  Similar has been currently done for the Gridseed ASIC being defaulted to the "Mini" unit versus the "Blade" unit.

I am looking for some feedback and response here while working on adding a few more items to StarMiner to handle different ASIC units.  Thanks in advance as well as for everyone's continued support of this project! :) 8)

Offline schnauzr

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2014, 11:59:42 PM »
The manual profile selection and enabling of "start on boot" by hand seems reasonable as long as detailed instructions are provided.  As you know, some users don't RTFM ;) - How soon can we expect the initial version?

Offline LinuxETC

• The Linux ETC Company
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2014, 12:17:33 AM »
The manual profile selection and enabling of "start on boot" by hand seems reasonable as long as detailed instructions are provided.  As you know, some users don't RTFM ;) - How soon can we expect the initial version?

It is currently being compressed into .bz2 and .zip files, though the full image is uploading now (have to love multi-tasking systems).  Give it until Wednesday (US MDT that is; UTC/GMT - 7) for the files to be uploaded in full to the SourceForge Files section.

Offline schnauzr

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2014, 12:32:03 AM »
Great!  Thanks for the heads up.

Offline LinuxETC

• The Linux ETC Company
StarMiner - 02 Jun 2014 release information
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2014, 01:18:02 AM »
02 June 2014 version release notes and change log:
Files for download from SourceForge can be found here.
  • Added Zeus Miner ASIC support to command line scripts and webUI profiles.
  • Fixed OpenSSH and OpenSSL issues so that end users attempting to run apt-get upgrade will not "muck up" either service as reported on Bitcoin Talk forum. ::)
  • Security updates to the base Linux system.
  • Raspberry Pi firmware updates.

Offline LinuxETC

• The Linux ETC Company
[StarMiner] - release version 02 Jun 2014 files available for all!
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2014, 02:44:15 PM »

The recent release is now up on SourceForge under the Files available for download. 

Do note, since Linux ETC does not have any Zeus Miner ASIC units on hand (with the recent threads here, I am a little glad as well  :-\  ;) ), so we have only done some testing and thus quality control/analysis with a few members in the community indirectly.  Any testing and/or feed back outside of "the webUI is slow" is quite welcomed. :)  If someone wants to donate a Blizzard (or GAW's Fury, with out the PSU melting or pieces falling off of the ASIC of course ;) ), we do welcome such. 8)

The initial settings for the Zeus Miner ASIC is also for the "Blizzard" unit (= GAW's "Fury" unit), so this will need to be changed (the chips-count parameter) for other ASIC units slightly.  These should be as follows going from Zeus Miner's web page:
  • Blizzard (= GAW's Fury) = 6
  • Hurricane X3 (=GAW's Black Widow) = 64
  • Thunder X2 (= unknown GAW unit) = 96
  • Thunder X3 (= GAW's Falcon) = 128
  • Unknown unit (= GAW's War Machine) = 256

Offline LinuxETC

• The Linux ETC Company
[StarMiner] Scriptor 8x FPGA status report
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2014, 02:48:44 PM »
We are awaiting some information from beekeeper to help with the webUI here at this time.  We apologize for the delay (we were hoping to have a version out late last week  :-\  :( ), but wanted the release to have a majority (if not all) of the current webUI functioning versus partially.

This release will actually be specific for FPGA (versus ASIC) mining units for reference due to the changes potentially needed to the webUI.

More to come soon.  Thanks for everyone's patience and support as well. :)

Offline schnauzr

Re: [StarMiner] - release version 02 Jun 2014 files available for all!
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2014, 04:24:04 PM »

The recent release is now up on SourceForge under the Files available for download. 

Do note, since Linux ETC does not have any Zeus Miner ASIC units on hand (with the recent threads here, I am a little glad as well  :-\  ;) ), so we have only done some testing and thus quality control/analysis with a few members in the community indirectly.  Any testing and/or feed back outside of "the webUI is slow" is quite welcomed. :)  If someone wants to donate a Blizzard (or GAW's Fury, with out the PSU melting or pieces falling off of the ASIC of course ;) ), we do welcome such. 8)

The initial settings for the Zeus Miner ASIC is also for the "Blizzard" unit (= GAW's "Fury" unit), so this will need to be changed (the chips-count parameter) for other ASIC units slightly.  These should be as follows going from Zeus Miner's web page:
  • Blizzard (= GAW's Fury) = 6
  • Hurricane X3 (=GAW's Black Widow) = 64
  • Thunder X2 (= unknown GAW unit) = 96
  • Thunder X3 (= GAW's Falcon) = 128
  • Unknown unit (= GAW's War Machine) = 256
I'm unable to get it working.  There's no /dev/ttyUSB* showing up.. lsusb shows my 3 miners but no nothing in /dev - and the default cgminer-zeusminer conf file doesn't have scan-serial in it.  Thoughts?

Offline LinuxETC

• The Linux ETC Company
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2014, 04:29:09 PM »
Run starhelpme and send a private message with the Pastebin URL provided, and we can go from there. 

Thanks in advance.

Offline schnauzr

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2014, 04:46:47 PM »
Run starhelpme and send a private message with the Pastebin URL provided, and we can go from there. 

Thanks in advance.
Ok, this is wierd.  I rebooted and now the /dev/ttyUSB* devices show up.

There are still problems.  The file /etc/miners/cgminer-zeusminer/cgminer.conf is missing scan-serial.  The file /etc/miners/cgminer-zeusminer/startest.conf has it, so I copied that line and put it into cgminer.conf.  The miner fired up finally, but it has been compiled without curses so there is no dashboard to view for those that enjoy viewing it in the OS.  It has to be compiled with curses support to get rid of the scrolling vertical text.

Circling back, if scan-serial doesn't go into the .conf file it needs to be passed as part of the "Miner Options" in seed manager the way that xspeed9190 laid out

Offline Raw-H

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2014, 04:51:51 PM »

Thanks in advance.
Ok, this is wierd.  I rebooted and now the /dev/ttyUSB* devices show up.

There are still problems.  The file /etc/miners/cgminer-zeusminer/cgminer.conf is missing scan-serial.  The file /etc/miners/cgminer-zeusminer/startest.conf has it, so I copied that line and put it into cgminer.conf.  The miner fired up finally, but it has been compiled without curses so there is no dashboard to view for those that enjoy viewing it in the OS.  It has to be compiled with curses support to get rid of the scrolling vertical text.

Circling back, if scan-serial doesn't go into the .conf file it needs to be passed as part of the "Miner Options" in seed manager the way that xspeed9190 laid out

Just figured the scan-serial command out aswell here :P.

My config looks like this now (for those who want to use it):

Code: [Select]
{
"pools" : [
        {
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.scryptguild.com:3333",
                "user" : "x",
                "pass" : "x"
        },
{
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://eu.ltcrabbit.com:3333",
                "user" : "x",