Author Topic: [StarMiner] - ARM controller image for your ASIC mining needs!  (Read 70457 times)

Offline schnauzr

Re: [StarMiner] - ARM controller image for your ASIC mining needs!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2014, 01:34:28 AM »
Ah I use screen -x because many times I already have the screen attached within a session on my monitoring desktop (have other GPU rigs to keep an eye on) so when I log in from another computer or my phone using ConnectBot, I don't want to detach the screen from the monitoring station ;)

thanks for the additional info on upcoming support!

Offline LinuxETC

• The Linux ETC Company
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 03:16:59 PM »
Ah I use screen -x because many times I already have the screen attached within a session on my monitoring desktop (have other GPU rigs to keep an eye on) so when I log in from another computer or my phone using ConnectBot, I don't want to detach the screen from the monitoring station ;)

Actually, screen -x for your case is appropriate, so my apologies for the misunderstanding.  This "should" keep the primary screen session active and permit a secondary user access to the primary session.

Offline olanin12

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 10:47:48 PM »
I got this to work, but its stuck on the donate pool. How do I change it to my pool?

Also, what is the default password.

Offline LinuxETC

• The Linux ETC Company
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2014, 11:01:00 PM »
I got this to work, but its stuck on the donate pool. How do I change it to my pool?
There are two methods to do add pools, one is via the webUI the other is via the Command Line Interface ("CLI).

webUI method:  On the Overview page, add a pool of choice manually with the pool URL, worker name, and password.
CLI method: Login, use starsc to attach the miner TUI (Text User Interface), [P]ools -> [A]dd Pool.

Removing pools.
CLI method: Via starsc as before, [P]ools -> [R]emove Pool.

The more "permanent option":
CLI method: Use starbkup (to back up your current configuration files appropriately) Use stared to manually edit the configuration file to add/remove pools.
webUI method: From the Overview page, click on "Miner", then click on the "Loaded Config" which will open the configuration file for editing within your browser window.

Those are a few of the "short and easy" ways to change the mining pool information.  I would suggest the webUI ones initially to "keep it simple".

Hope that helps.  Do advise accordingly either way please. [:)]

Also, what is the default password.

The default password for root is live as noted on the Getting Started Wiki page on Sourceforge. ;)

Offline olanin12

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2014, 11:57:39 PM »
Thank you. I got it working by editing the config file over the webpage. Seems to work good so far with 5 gridseeds.

I would love to see this updated for the Zeusminer Blizzard when it ships.

Offline LinuxETC

• The Linux ETC Company
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 12:22:37 AM »
Thank you. I got it working by editing the config file over the webpage. Seems to work good so far with 5 gridseeds.
Good to hear.  Our current documented record is x9 Gridseed Mini ASICs (as shown in the screen shot photos on SourceForge) as well as an earlier post on this thread here. 8)

Feel free to advise if you have any issues via the SourceForge Ticket system as well.

I would love to see this updated for the Zeusminer Blizzard when it ships.
We have interest from quite a few others wishing similar.  If you are open to (1) doing a Review on SourceForge (preferably positive of course ;) ); and/or (2) making a pitch on the Zeus Miner thread here on Litecointalk.org, that might help "grease the wheels" of Zeus Miner.  We have had an initial email correspondence with Terry L, but have yet to hear back with a follow up to our "follow up".  :-\ 

Just a few thoughts and suggestions.  Happy mining via StarMiner as well! 8)

Offline LinuxETC

• The Linux ETC Company
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2014, 06:13:49 PM »
I would like to extend a "thank you" to schnauzr for posting a Review (five stars as well!) on StarMiner's SourceForge project page.  8)

Happy and profitable mining to all!

Offline xspeed9190

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2014, 06:05:08 PM »
I have two Furys and just configured *miner.  Works perfectly. 

Offline schnauzr

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2014, 06:45:00 PM »
I was planning to do this tonight.  Did you replace starminer's cgminer with the GAW version?  Or add it in some way?

Offline xspeed9190

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2014, 07:08:27 PM »
I was planning to do this tonight.  Did you replace starminer's cgminer with the GAW version?  Or add it in some way?

I compiled the gawminer with curses on the pi.
copied that to a new folder I made "/opt/miners/GAWminer/"
copied the "/etc/miners/cgminer-gridseed/cgminer.conf" to a new folder "/etc/miners/GAWminer/"
   Here is my conf
     "api-listen" : true,
     "api-port" : "4028",
     "expiry" : "2",
     "nocheck-golden" : true,
     "chips-count" : "6",
     "ltc-clk" : "330",
     "log" : "5",
     "no-pool-disable" : true,
     "queue" : "0",
     "scan-time" : "1",
     "scrypt" : true,
     "shares" : "0",
     "kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
     "api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
     "api-description" : "cgminer v3.1.1 GAW"

Then go to the web page.  click miner > SeedManager Configuration
SeedManager Configuration for starminer

Miner Profile   
GAWMiner

Miner Path   /opt/miners/GAWminer/cgminer   
Miner Config
Click to edit   --config /etc/miners/GAWminer/cgminer.conf   
Miner Options   --chips-count 6 --ltc-clk 328 -S /dev/ttyUSB0 -S /dev/ttyUSB1 --nocheck-golden --api-listen   

Password Manager
htpasswd is not installed.   

Misc. Miner Settings   
Start on Boot   Start the loaded profile at boot time?   Yes No
API port   Defaults to 4028 if unset   4028

Monitoring Settings   
Low Hashrate   200 Kh/s   
High Reject Rate   3%   
High Hardware Errors   1000   
Send Email   Yes No

Farmview Settings   
Broadcast Status   Send Node Status?   YesNo
Broadcast Port   Port to send status on   54545
Display Settings   
Miner Location   StarMiner CryptoVerse   
Status CSS   darkstatus.css   
Graph Colors File   darkstatus.colors   
Hashrate Display   5sec average, or Overall (old style)   5 secOverall
Clear All Graphs   

-------------------------------------------------------
Update it, set it as default then your DONE
Hope this helped.  feel free to reach out to me for help
    PjS

Offline LinuxETC

• The Linux ETC Company
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2014, 07:38:39 PM »
Thanks xspeed9190 for the work here.  We can add it in as a profile for the ASIC version of StarMiner as well to make matters "simpler" for others, though it looks like you are following the Linux file hierarchy standard we are using as well. ;)  Kudo and nicely done! 8)

As noted, this will be for the ASIC version of StarMiner.  By request, we are working on an FPGA version as well to go with the Scriptor 8X made by beekeeper by request.  There was an oddity we came across recently while doing some QA, hence the minor delay in releasing it at this time.  We are looking into it and will advise, though we should have this out shortly.

Offline xspeed9190

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2014, 07:41:23 PM »
Thanks xspeed9190 for the work here.  We can add it in as a profile for the ASIC version of StarMiner as well to make matters "simpler" for others, though it looks like you are following the Linux file hierarchy standard we are using as well. ;)  Kudo and nicely done! 8)

As noted, this will be for the ASIC version of StarMiner.  By request, we are working on an FPGA version as well to go with the Scriptor 8X made by beekeeper by request.  There was an oddity we came across recently while doing some QA, hence the minor delay in releasing it at this time.  We are looking into it and will advise, though we should have this out shortly.

Not a problem at all, Very glad to be of help.  Please keep up the great work.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
PjS

Offline schnauzr

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2014, 08:40:16 PM »
Awesome!  Thanks for the details xspeed9190!

Offline Raw-H

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2014, 11:40:55 AM »
Thanks xspeed9190 for the work here. We can add it in as a profile for the ASIC version of StarMiner as well to make matters "simpler" for others, though it looks like you are following the Linux file hierarchy standard we are using as well. ;)  Kudo and nicely done! 8)

If you could do that I will be much obliged.

Offline cestmoi

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2014, 06:01:52 PM »
I compiled the gawminer with curses on the pi.
Hi,
Where did you find the source files GAWminer ?
Is this the same as zeusminer or is it those of raspberry img zenminer ?

Thanks for your job at all