Author Topic: Making Amends.  (Read 9528 times)

Offline Disturbia

• Scammer
  • Drifter, Gambler & Scammer.
Making Amends.
« on: April 24, 2014, 03:56:11 PM »
Hello Litecointalk.

In efforts to start to clear my name and become a productive member of the community I would like to make amends to the people I have scammed.

I apologize for my misdeeds, and the reason I did what I did was because I was in a tough financial situation and I apologize. That was not the way to go about things.

So please, if I scammed you post in this thread and tell me how I can make amends.
Whether it's repayment of ltc or something else I will be happy to do it.

Kind regards,
Disturbia

Offline keithers

• Elite Member
  • Member Elite
    • Get a Trezor (the hardware BTC safe)...
Re: Making Amends.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 04:04:31 PM »
Nice first step...big of you to step up to the plate.  If I were you I would reach out directly to the people that you took from and see what  you can do to make up for whatever you did.

Offline Disturbia

• Scammer
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 05:30:32 PM »
Nice first step...big of you to step up to the plate.  If I were you I would reach out directly to the people that you took from and see what  you can do to make up for whatever you did.

Thank you. I really want to make amends and be apart of the community. I really hope the community as a whole will forgive me and I want to at least start to regain trust. The litecoin community is something I have always been apart of ever since I bought my first coin.

I will start by contacting those I have scammed.
And HauntingShade even though I did not technically scam you, I do feel you were a victim of my transgressions and would  like to make amends to you as well.

Thanks again.

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 11:51:39 PM »
Thank you for this post Disturbia, if it is real than I am very happy to see you make amends and come back and be an active member of the community.  :)

Offline aminkorea

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 02:18:14 AM »
Sorry to through water on your pararde, but I am not a big fan of the "I'm a changed person" club.  People are what they are and rarely, if ever, truly change.  If you have changed, do what has been suggested and contact the people you ripped off directly and pay them what your stole with some interest.  Let them tell people how you have changed, then and only then will we know you are for real.

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 02:28:36 AM »
Sorry to through water on your pararde, but I am not a big fan of the "I'm a changed person" club.  People are what they are and rarely, if ever, truly change.  If you have changed, do what has been suggested and contact the people you ripped off directly and pay them what your stole with some interest.  Let them tell people how you have changed, then and only then will we know you are for real.

Awww come on, people can change. He did say he will make amends by paying people back :).

Offline saigoned

• Litecoin Association Member
    • Bitcoin and Litcoin Merchandise Coming Soon
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 02:51:11 AM »

I agree, its one thing saying 'I have changed' but before posting this you should have contacted all those you scammed, personally apologized to them (not copy paste same PM) and worked with those people to make things 'better'.

You should not be asking 'if i scammed you contact me' - you should be going out of your way to contact those you scammed and compensate them as THEY see fit. Personally, if you had scammed me I would not take back what you had to offer and would let you keep the bad karma that was sent your way.

Once I see posts from the people you scammed saying they have been repaid/apologized to I might see this as genuine, until then whatever karma comes your way is deserved. This post is a first step....keep walking and follow through with it.

Offline ddink7

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 03:15:16 AM »
If you really have changed, then I applaud you and wish you well. As you noted, I received my money back, so you no longer owe me--you owe PayPal. If you want to go above-and-beyond, then I'd suggest a donation to the litecoin development team. If you contact warren, he can send you the necessary address info.

Offline Disturbia

• Scammer
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 03:15:58 AM »

I agree, its one thing saying 'I have changed' but before posting this you should have contacted all those you scammed, personally apologized to them (not copy paste same PM) and worked with those people to make things 'better'.

You should not be asking 'if i scammed you contact me' - you should be going out of your way to contact those you scammed and compensate them as THEY see fit. Personally, if you had scammed me I would not take back what you had to offer and would let you keep the bad karma that was sent your way.

Once I see posts from the people you scammed saying they have been repaid/apologized to I might see this as genuine, until then whatever karma comes your way is deserved. This post is a first step....keep walking and follow through with it.

Honestly I don't remember all who I have scammed or attempted to scam. I did find one person though, who I did contact and I am waiting for a reply. And I am going through old posts to find the two others I scammed.  I will reach out to them as well. But I should have reworded my OP a little differently to say to those I have attempted to scam to contact me, or those I was unfair too while trading or collecting donations.

I have took the first step to admitting what I did and it's quite hard, so please bear with me.
I will make all my attempts to make amends public for the community as a whole to see.

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 03:16:46 AM »
If you really have changed, then I applaud you and wish you well. As you noted, I received my money back, so you no longer owe me--you owe PayPal. If you want to go above-and-beyond, then I'd suggest a donation to the litecoin development team. If you contact warren, he can send you the necessary address info.

Here is the info https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=16136.0 :)

Offline Disturbia

• Scammer
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 03:20:30 AM »

Thank you dink. I will contact him as soon as possible and and make a donation. I will make everything public so you will know I went through with it. As for Paypal, I owe them as well and I am working on paying them back.
I will make it public as well.

Thank you dink and please accept my apology.
I feel horrible for what I did, and I'm honestly not that type of person to scam another.

Kind regards.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 03:24:39 AM by Disturbia »

Offline Disturbia

• Scammer
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 03:23:09 AM »

Here is the info https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=16136.0 :)

Thank you TheMage. I will post TX ID. I'm getting my first paycheck tomorrow and I already have someone on LBC to buy from and will convert to LTC and will contact you as soon as possible.
Thanks for giving me a chance and I will make good of my word.

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 03:29:24 AM »
You are welcome, good luck and hopefully this is the first step to getting your scammer tag removed :).

Although I hope you fully understand, anyone dealing with you I will still insist on escrow for obvious reasons ;).

Offline ddink7

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 02:56:58 PM »
Also let this be an important lesson to anybody dealing with an unknown party.

1) Use escrow. TheMage is awesome, as is HauntingShade and others.
2) If using PayPal, PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD. In my case, PayPal denied the claim. It was only after I filed a dispute with my credit card company that I got my money back. This goes for any large PayPal purchase. Always use a credit card when using PayPal!!

Offline HauntingShade

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 06:59:26 PM »
And HauntingShade even though I did not technically scam you, I do feel you were a victim of my transgressions and would  like to make amends to you as well.

I'm going to watch how this story continues. Depending on that, I'll come up with something suitable :)