Author Topic: Electrum-LTC - Lightweight Litecoin Wallet  (Read 114572 times)

Offline mmitech

Re: [BETA] Electrum-LTC - Call for Beta Testers + Public Servers
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2014, 01:34:18 AM »
what do you mean by "they are stored in ram" ?

both .litecoind and ltcleveldb directories are copied to ram before launching the daemons
hopefully i'll sync them once in a while :)

edit: I may need to take some more english lessons... especially when tired !
I added this line to my fstab :
none /tmpfs tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,size=10000M,mode=0777 0 0
hope this explains more, but I will post my start/stop scripts if you like

I think you meant the shared memory ?

and also I am able to connect to your server but it doesn't seem to be public.

try:

host =  0.0.0.0
report_host = electrum.something.com (you don't have to own a domain)

Offline caramelite

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2014, 02:00:00 AM »
I think you meant the shared memory ?

try:

host =  0.0.0.0

Yep, shared memory, virtual memory file system, tmpfs, looks the same to me !

by public, I meant a public IP, what could it be else ?!
I didn't change the host setting, I don't think I need python listening on all NICs

Offline coinx

• Donator
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2014, 03:59:04 AM »
Hi everyone can anyone explain how to fetch http://foundry.electrum-ltc.org/leveldb-dump/  - leveldb database and import it using the terminal commands?
Make sure that the wget package is installed.
Switch in the folder where you want to store the DB.
Code: [Select]
wget http://foundry.electrum-ltc.org/leveldb-dump/electrum-fulltree-100-latest.tar.gz
tar -zxvf electrum-fulltree-100-latest.tar.gzNow you just need to edit the path to the DB folder in the electrum-ltc.conf file.
path_fulltree = /path/to/your/database

I hope that helps.

the litecoind and electrum-server databases are stored in RAM, as recommended.
For now 10GB are enough, but will upgrade to 16GB when it becomes necessary.
Sounds nice. Now we need more users ;D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:02:06 AM by coinx »

Offline pooler

• Litecoin Dev Team
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2014, 09:15:09 AM »

try:

host =  0.0.0.0

Yep, shared memory, virtual memory file system, tmpfs, looks the same to me !

by public, I meant a public IP, what could it be else ?!
I didn't change the host setting, I don't think I need python listening on all NICs

If you want your server to be considered public, you have to enable IRC (see here). Also, having a public hostname (a FQDN) would be nice, especially given that you can get one for free.

Offline infinitepeace

• Litecoin Association Member
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2014, 12:30:48 AM »
Hi everyone can anyone explain how to fetch http://foundry.electrum-ltc.org/leveldb-dump/  - leveldb database and import it using the terminal commands?
Make sure that the wget package is installed.
Switch in the folder where you want to store the DB.
wget http://foundry.electrum-ltc.org/leveldb-dump/electrum-fulltree-100-latest.tar.gz
tar -zxvf electrum-fulltree-100-latest.tar.gzNow you just need to edit the path to the DB folder in the electrum-ltc.conf file.
path_fulltree = /path/to/your/database

I hope that helps.

Thank you! 
I am very close to testing - one thing I noticed in the sample config file I am editing is that is says [bitcoind] by default for the section header, even though details in the section say Litecoin. 

Offline infinitepeace

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2014, 01:07:47 AM »
tried to start-up got

Database not found in  /~/electrum-server/.
Do you want to download it from the Electrum-LTC foundry to  /~/electrum-server/ ?

I typed "n"

then got
Starting server as daemon

It is probably something simple I will try to download and unpack the database again, but when I did it before everything appeared to download and unzip, and I checked the directories.

I realize this is probably the messiest installation ever - but if I can just get it working, can clean up later...  :-[ Got ssl certs and keys though np.

--edit--
mmitech - did not see your response so quickly yesterday.  I will definitely try to get on IRC in general.

Everything on my install should work - since I have never set up a Linux server before, I am guessing somewhere is a small syntax error.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 01:12:31 AM by infinitepeace »

Offline coinx

• Donator
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2014, 01:16:51 AM »
one thing I noticed in the sample config file I am editing is that is says [bitcoind] by default for the section header, even though details in the section say Litecoin.
Yes, that is correct. Pooler doesn't want to change it because he wants to stay as close as possible to the upstream development. It isn't just a description, it is used by one function to find the daemon details.

Do you want to download it from the Electrum-LTC foundry to  /~/electrum-server/ ?

The Electrum server apparently can't handle the ~/ path reference. Try /home/litecoin/electrum-server.

Offline infinitepeace

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2014, 01:56:33 AM »
one thing I noticed in the sample config file I am editing is that is says [bitcoind] by default for the section header, even though details in the section say Litecoin.
Yes, that is correct. Pooler doesn't want to change it because he wants to stay as close as possible to the upstream development. It isn't just a description, it is used by one function to find the daemon details.

The Electrum server apparently can't handle the ~/ path reference. Try /home/litecoin/electrum-server.

Thank you this fixed it, no more error message, it just could not accept the "~" char for some reason.

Now I need to fetch a client and see if I can connect.  Have not tried the client yet.

A huge thank you to everyone that has been so kind and helpful.

---edit---

Client is not connecting - I have a static IP server but no DNS pointing a name to it right now, everything seems to be running server side correctly (litecoind, server).  Is it easier to debug from the client or the server side?  Also seems I did not see where to put a password in the client.

When I force my numerical IP over ssh it just says not connected in the bottom left corner of the client.  Anyway been a long day - break for a bit, dinner all that.  TY.

I'll get it up by end of week still.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 02:21:05 AM by infinitepeace »

Offline coinx

• Donator
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2014, 02:41:18 AM »
Client is not connecting - I have a static IP server but no DNS pointing a name to it right now, everything seems to be running server side correctly (litecoind, server).  Is it easier to debug from the client or the server side?  Also seems I did not see where to put a password in the client.
When I force my numerical IP over ssh it just says not connected in the bottom left corner of the client.  Anyway been a long day - break for a bit, dinner all that.  TY.
Please post the electrum-ltc.log. The password function is not used at the moment.
Make sure to enter the correct port. The protocol drop down menu doesn't work with private servers. 50002 for SSL.
Make sure the ports are configured correctly.
netstat -an -A inet|grep LISTEN

Offline pooler

• Litecoin Dev Team
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2014, 11:41:50 AM »
Server operators:

We are ready to move to our own IRC channel, #electrum-ltc on Freenode. This will allow us more freedom of movement and will help people differentiate this Litecoin fork from the original project. (And yes, we are going to have our own bot soon.)

Please sync your server code with the git repo and restart the server. This is very simple to do:
$ cd electrum-server
$ git pull
$ ./stop
$ ./start

Offline mmitech

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2014, 12:00:52 PM »
Server operators:

We are ready to move to our own IRC channel, #electrum-ltc on Freenode. This will allow us more freedom of movement and will help people differentiate this Litecoin fork from the original project. (And yes, we are going to have our own bot soon.)

Please sync your server code with the git repo and restart the server. This is very simple to do:
$ cd electrum-server
$ git pull
$ ./stop
$ ./start

done :)

Edit: any update for the reported bugs ? I am waiting for a final version working client to write about on my blog

Offline ANIMAL0

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2014, 03:06:28 PM »
mm. It does not connect for me (windows version).
Any idea?

Offline mmitech

« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2014, 03:43:41 PM »
Any idea?

click on the red button in the bottom right and try to choose a server manually, try choosing my server electrum.mmitech.info port 50002 or 50001  (50002 preferred) then report if this helps out...

Offline ANIMAL0

« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2014, 04:07:09 PM »
Any idea?

click on the red button in the bottom right and try to choose a server manually, try choosing my server electrum.mmitech.info port 50002 or 50001  (50002 preferred) then report if this helps out...

no. unfortunately it does not work for me. I even tried to shutdown firewall and antivirus (Comodo) to no avail.
maybe I should even open the port on my router's firewall?

Offline mmitech

« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2014, 04:39:19 PM »
Any idea?

no. unfortunately it does not work for me. I even tried to shutdown firewall and antivirus (Comodo) to no avail.
maybe I should even open the port on my router's firewall?

I dont think your router is blocking the port, the only thing I can think of is your Firewall...try adding a role to your Firewall by allowing the program and not just opening the port, otherwise it is working fine for me.... I don't know what else it could be