Author Topic: Electrum-LTC - Lightweight Litecoin Wallet  (Read 116242 times)

Offline losh11

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
Re: Electrum-LTC - Lightweight Litecoin Wallet
« Reply #435 on: December 25, 2015, 11:48:44 PM »
Pooler, isn't it possible to sign Electrum for Mac?

I get a security warning announcing that the app is from an unidentified developer because the app isn't signed.
Also isn't it possible to to make a thing which shows something like drag into an /Applications shortcut?

Offline pooler

• Litecoin Dev Team
« Reply #436 on: December 26, 2015, 09:25:32 AM »

I get a security warning announcing that the app is from an unidentified developer because the app isn't signed.
Also isn't it possible to to make a thing which shows something like drag into an /Applications shortcut?

I'm not an Apple developer and I only have very minimal experience working with Macs, so I have no idea about your second question.

Regarding code signing, if some trusted Apple developer can help with that, just let me know. By the way, last time I checked, the OS X binary of Electrum for Bitcoin was also unsigned. From a strictly technical point of view, it's no big deal: we have always used GPG to sign packages and it works just fine. But then of course not everybody knows how to verify these signatures.

Offline ELM4ever

« Reply #437 on: December 26, 2015, 09:33:14 AM »

I'm not an Apple developer and I only have very minimal experience working with Macs, so I have no idea about your second question.

Regarding code signing, if some trusted Apple developer can help with that, just let me know. By the way, last time I checked, the OS X binary of Electrum for Bitcoin was also unsigned. From a strictly technical point of view, it's no big deal: we have always used GPG to sign packages and it works just fine. But then of course not everybody knows how to verify these signatures.

Pooler: I believe that you have to pay the $99 fee/yr to Apple to be able to be an official Mac developer and provide "approved" Apps.

Another question:  Is it possible to run an Electrum server for both Bitcoin and Litecoin on the same machine?  I tried to set the RPC port to 8000 for Bitcoin, and 8001 for Litecoin in their respective /etc/ config files, and putting rpcport=8001 in the litecoin.conf file (.litecoin directory) but it doesn't work. Do you have any insight into this?

« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 09:45:42 AM by ELM4ever »

Offline pooler

• Litecoin Dev Team
« Reply #438 on: December 26, 2015, 09:43:24 AM »
Pooler: I believe that you have to pay the $99 fee/yr to Apple to be able to be an official Mac developer and provide "approved" Apps.
Yes, that is my understanding too. What I was trying to say is that personally I do not intend to apply for this.

Another question:  Is it possible to run an Electrum server for both Bitcoin and Litcoin on the same machine?  I tried to set the RPC port to 8000 for Bitcoin and 8001 for Litecoin in the /etc/ config files, but it doesn't work. Do you have any insight into this?
The default RPC ports for Litecoin and Bitcoin are already distinct by default. What you need to change is the ports used by the Electrum and Electrum-LTC servers, as they both default to 50001 for TCP and 50002 for SSL.

Offline ELM4ever

« Reply #439 on: December 26, 2015, 09:48:13 AM »
Yes, that is my understanding too. What I was trying to say is that personally I do not intend to apply for this.

Another question:  Is it possible to run an Electrum server for both Bitcoin and Litcoin on the same machine?  I tried to set the RPC port to 8000 for Bitcoin and 8001 for Litecoin in the /etc/ config files, but it doesn't work. Do you have any insight into this?
The default RPC ports for Litecoin and Bitcoin are already distinct by default. What you need to change is the ports used by the Electrum and Electrum-LTC servers, as they both default to 50001 for TCP and 50002 for SSL.
I had changed that also, to 50003 and 50004 for litecoin.  My problem is that I can't get the Electrum-LTC server to talk to Litecoind while I have the Bitcoind running.  If I attempt to run "Electrum-ltc-server start" it connects me to the bitcoind database.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 09:53:50 AM by ELM4ever »

Offline pooler

• Litecoin Dev Team
« Reply #440 on: December 26, 2015, 09:53:45 AM »
I had changed that also, to 50003 and 50004 for litecoin.  My problem is that I can get the Electrum-LTC server to talk to Litecoind while I have the Bitcoind running.  If I attempt to run "Electrum-ltc-server start" it connects me to the bitcoind database.
May I see your configuration files? (Maybe pm me, we don't want to clutter the thread.)

Offline Armi2009

• The "Ł" Stands for Value
« Reply #441 on: December 26, 2015, 09:36:32 PM »
Seems like with this version of Electrum the LabelSync plugin doesn't work anymore. There are no transactions labels shown anymore. However switching back to the older 2.5.1.1 version, all labels show up accordingly.
Thank you for your feedback. Which operating system(s) have you tested it on?

So far only Win10 Pro - 64bit

I have just updated the Windows binaries for RC 2.6.0.1, please try again.

The LabelSync plugin seems to be working now! However, what I'm still missing in the "History" tab is the labels I already gave my addresses on the "Addresses" tab. Basically, under the "Addresses" tab I usually give my receiving addresses custom labels. Unfortunately, these labels/descriptions won't show up in the "History" tab for my transactions. Hope that makes sense?!

Thanks for your hard work! And, albeit a bit late, Happy Holdidays to y'all! :)

Offline condoras

« Reply #442 on: December 28, 2015, 12:45:40 AM »
Hello to all,
I have a problem with my Electrum-LTC Wallet.
I am trying to send an amount from 0.1 LTC to 0.3 LTC but each time i try pop up an error window saying...
"Your client produced a transaction that is not accepted by the Litecoin network any more.(!) Please upgrade to Electrum 2.5.1 or newer"
What is happening? :-\
Can anyone help me?
Thank you!

Offline losh11

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #443 on: December 28, 2015, 03:03:02 AM »

I believe that certificates for signing for Apple Dev is actually free (unless you decide to distribute it on the Apple Mac App Store - doesn't matter about anywhere else).
I'll try building and signing it myself, and will get back to you.

I'm not saying that we should add this instead of GPG signing, but instead signing is required to remove the security error displayed (most people decided not to use an app if the app is displaying this error).

Offline pooler

• Litecoin Dev Team
« Reply #444 on: December 28, 2015, 09:52:07 AM »
Hello to all,
I am trying to send an amount from 0.1 LTC to 0.3 LTC but each time i try pop up an error window saying...
"Your client produced a transaction that is not accepted by the Litecoin network any more.(!) Please upgrade to Electrum 2.5.1 or newer"
Can anyone help me?
Thank you!

Please try with RC 2.6.0.1.

Offline condoras

« Reply #445 on: December 28, 2015, 11:04:41 AM »
Hello to all,
Can anyone help me?
Thank you!

Is there any possibility to lose my coins with the upgrade?

Offline pooler

• Litecoin Dev Team
« Reply #446 on: December 28, 2015, 11:07:32 AM »
Hello to all,
Can anyone help me?
Thank you!

Not really, but it is always suggested to make a backup of your wallet nonetheless.

Offline condoras

« Reply #447 on: December 28, 2015, 11:11:39 AM »
Hello to all,
Can anyone help me?
Thank you!

Not really, but it is always suggested to make a backup of your wallet nonetheless.
And how i do that?
I am sooooo newb.... :o

Offline pooler

• Litecoin Dev Team
« Reply #448 on: December 28, 2015, 11:17:02 AM »
And how i do that?
If you haven't imported any externally-generated addresses, having a copy of your seed stored in a safe place is enough. Otherwise, see the FAQ on the website to understand where your wallet file is located.

Offline condoras

« Reply #449 on: December 28, 2015, 11:24:04 AM »
And how i do that?
If you haven't imported any externally-generated addresses, having a copy of your seed stored in a safe place is enough. Otherwise, see the FAQ on the website to understand where your wallet file is located.

Thank you very much! [ltc]