Author Topic: Electrum-LTC - Lightweight Litecoin Wallet  (Read 121382 times)

Offline socoban

Re: Electrum-LTC - Lightweight Litecoin Wallet
« Reply #375 on: July 02, 2015, 09:42:49 AM »
Hi, I managed to have both LTC and BTC on my Ledger wallet now, but the problem is, I can't send my LTC out. It says "Could not connect to your BTChip dongle. Please verify access permissions, PIN, or unplug the dongle and plug it again."  I tried 3x , I enetered correct PIN and all 3 times correct values from my security card. I am able to send this way my BTC via Ledger chrome app, but I can't send my LTC from electrum.

What about sending BTC from Electrum? Does that work?

Hi, On BTC electrum 2.3.2 it even does not detect my BTChip during wallet start. It says something about wrong channel. Since 2.3.2 version is latest compiled version for windows, I am not able to test it on 2.3.2.2 nor 2.3.3. I am not gonna to install all the pythons and PyQT to try to build it from sources. I will wait until they release compiled version.

Offline ELM4ever

« Reply #376 on: July 03, 2015, 06:05:45 AM »
I used to work well.  I haven't tried it for some months.  But now, there must be a new issue with the new way Ledger is authenticating signing of the transactions. 

I am using Electrum-LTC 2.3.2.2 for OSX - distributed on Electrum-ltc.org.

Sent some Litecoins to my Ledger and it worked fines - they showed up. 

When trying to send them out to another LTC address, I get this first message:

I get this window 4 times, each time entering the corresponding character from my security card into the password boxes (in this case above, the corresponding character for the letter "L").

After doing this 4 times, I get this msg:

... and my LTC don't get broadcasted...

If I try again, and disconnect and reconnect the Ledger after the first windows appears (but before entering the first of 4 character from my security card), I get this msg after the 4th character window:

To Ledger: Back to the drawing table... the old way to authenticate was terrible, but this one just doesn't work - or I don't get it...

With Electrum (BTC) v. 2.3.2 - the latest available from electrum.org for OSX, I get a different error msg.  Receiving the bitcoins goes well. But sending the bitcoins out don't even ask me for the character match (compared to Electrum-LTC) - the program just gives me (..checking device... signing transactions...) and then this window:

To Ledger: Back to the drawing table...

EDIT:  Tried with Electrum latest Github commit (v 2.4) same error as above.
Just raised an issue on Electrum Github about this.

EDIT2:  Tried with Electrum (BTC) v.2.4 github - AND upgraded to bitchip-python v 0.1.16.... and it worked (sending BTC out of Electrum).
But, bitchip-python at v0.1.16 and Electrum-LTC at v.2.3.2, still don't want to play together...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 08:49:02 AM by ELM4ever »

Offline ELM4ever

« Reply #377 on: July 03, 2015, 08:35:27 AM »
I also sent an Email to Ledger CTO - those new windows to authenticate the Electrum transactions with Ledger are insane!  Ledger is competing with Trezor; Trezor has one window where you enter your 4 digit pin (clicking on each position of the 9 squares) - Ledger should come up with a  one window mechanism also - not by typing 4 x 2  entries.... clicking is good - typing is bad...

Offline justlitecoin

« Reply #378 on: July 09, 2015, 07:44:30 PM »
I am having trouble running/installing Electrum-LTC offline on a linux machine.

I have no problem running Electrum for bitcoin offline on ubuntu using the following steps listed on their site:

-Download and untar Electrum-2.3.3.tar.gz
-In the electrum directory, run: 'python electrum'
-To install it on your system, run: 'sudo python setup.py install'

When I try following the same steps for Electrum-LTC it doesn't work. There are the instructions for installing Electrum-LTC on their website:

-sudo apt-get install python-qt4 python-pip python-dev
-sudo apt-get install python-slowaes  # on Ubuntu 13.10 and higher
-sudo pip install https://electrum-ltc.org/download/Electrum-LTC-2.3.2.2.tar.gz
-electrum-ltc

If I'm not mistaken, it seems this step requires an internet connection for downloads. If not how do I proceed with the offline installation?

TL;DR Need helping figuring out how to install/run Electrum-LTC on a completely offline machine running linux.

Thank you for any help

Offline pooler

• Litecoin Dev Team
« Reply #379 on: July 09, 2015, 09:02:50 PM »

I have no problem running Electrum for bitcoin offline on ubuntu using the following steps listed on their site:

When I try following the same steps for Electrum-LTC it doesn't work. There are the instructions for installing Electrum-LTC on their website:

-electrum-ltc

If I'm not mistaken, it seems this step requires an internet connection for downloads. If not how do I proceed with the offline installation?

Those instructions are not intended for use on an offline machine, of course.
Instead, you should follow the same instructions that you followed for Electrum, changing names as appropriate (e.g. "python electrum" becomes "python electrum-ltc").
We should probably add a section on the website with instructions on how to install from source, but that should be it basically.

Offline justlitecoin

« Reply #380 on: July 09, 2015, 09:06:49 PM »

-electrum-ltc

Instead, you should follow the same instructions that you followed for Electrum, changing names as appropriate (e.g. "python electrum" becomes "python electrum-ltc").
We should probably add a section on the website with instructions on how to install from source, but that should be it basically.

I tried "python electrum-ltc" and it didn't work. When I get a second, will try again and let you know the error. I could be wrong but it almost seems as if the Electrum-LTC-2.3.2.2.tar.gz download doesn't contain all the needed files (Electrum Bitcoin contains many more including the file named "electrum".) Hope that makes sense. Will try again and report back with the error.

edit: when I try "python electrum-ltc" I get the error "can't open file "electrum-ltc" No such file or directory

(and the LTC electrum download does seem to be missing files as I stated)

edit #2: Hmm, it looks like I may have had an incomplete download the first time. Will be trying again and will report back with results.

edit #3: i had made a mistake downloading the electrum ltc files. Somehow it was incomplete when I transferred it to my usb stick. Thank you for your help as I did not know if "python electrum-ltc" was correct or not. Working now!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 09:26:06 PM by justlitecoin »

Offline Mr. Jinx

« Reply #381 on: July 10, 2015, 05:39:47 PM »
Is it possible to run the electrum server and specfiy multiple listening IP's?

In the config, I have entered a FQDN. Upon startup electrum is only listening on my IPv6 address.
I would also like to let electrum listen on the IPv4 address.

Offline pooler

• Litecoin Dev Team
« Reply #382 on: July 10, 2015, 05:59:49 PM »
Is it possible to run the electrum server and specfiy multiple listening IP's?

In the config, I have entered a FQDN. Upon startup electrum is only listening on my IPv6 address.
I would also like to let electrum listen on the IPv4 address.

You can set host to 0.0.0.0 and put your FQDN in report_host.

Offline Mr. Jinx

« Reply #383 on: July 10, 2015, 07:00:27 PM »

Thnx, tried that but now only the ipv4 address is reachable. I'm not able to connect to the IPv6 address.
Code: [Select]
[10/07/2015-20:55:48] TCP server started on 0.0.0.0:50001
[10/07/2015-20:55:48] SSL server started on 0.0.0.0:50002

If I set host to the FQDN again, the IPv6 address is reachable again, but IPv4 isn't.

Offline pooler

• Litecoin Dev Team
« Reply #384 on: July 10, 2015, 07:57:42 PM »

Thnx, tried that but now only the ipv4 address is reachable. I'm not able to connect to the IPv6 address.
Code: [Select]
[10/07/2015-20:55:48] TCP server started on 0.0.0.0:50001
[10/07/2015-20:55:48] SSL server started on 0.0.0.0:50002

If I set host to the FQDN again, the IPv6 address is reachable again, but IPv4 isn't.

There's an open issue upstream concerning this.
https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum-server/issues/91

Offline Rebblr

« Reply #385 on: July 13, 2015, 10:55:33 AM »
I somehow have the feeling that this not the place to ask electrum litecoin questions with regard to (server) connection? But, do you perhaps know where I can learn more about how and what with regard to connecting to electrum servers? Thanks in advance.

Offline pooler

• Litecoin Dev Team
« Reply #386 on: July 13, 2015, 11:00:20 AM »
I somehow have the feeling that this not the place to ask electrum litecoin questions with regard to (server) connection? But, do you perhaps know where I can learn more about how and what with regard to connecting to electrum servers? Thanks in advance.

The client automatically connects to public servers (or at least it should). Do you have the need to connect to a specific server?

Offline Rebblr

« Reply #387 on: July 13, 2015, 11:26:08 AM »
Thanks. No need. But, it does not automatically connect  :-\ Red shiny button ..
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 11:43:38 AM by Rebblr »

Offline pooler

• Litecoin Dev Team
« Reply #388 on: July 13, 2015, 11:28:21 AM »
Thansk. No need. But, it does not automatically connect  :-\ Red shiny button ..

Are you behind a firewall by any chance?

Offline Rebblr

« Reply #389 on: July 13, 2015, 11:30:26 AM »
 :o Yes.. I should probably open the gate ..?