Author Topic: Hashra Controla, RPi/Gridseed distro  (Read 21388 times)

Offline vlajo

Re: Hashra Controla, RPi/Gridseed distro
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2014, 05:48:56 PM »
i need some advice/help.

got my gridseeds working fine on hashra controla, updated from their web interface, but today i needed to change the pool address.
changed, saved and restarted but every time i open a new web page for the miners they are back to the old pool address.

how do i stop this from happening over and over?

Offline sg11423

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2014, 06:14:38 PM »
It's hard to see form the picture on ebay, but the output on that adapter looks like 5v DC 3A. Is that correct? If so, that's too low. The USB spec requires 500mA (.5A) per port. 10 ports = 5A min output from your adapter.

Are the power supplies you are using full ATX or just 12v? If ATX, try tapping off the 5V rails to power your hubs instead of using the adapter.  ;)

If you are experiencing a lot of HEs across all of your GSs, remove the hub, plug one of them into your RPI directly, and mine with it for a day. If your HEs go down significantly, then you have found your problem.

Ok good point, i looked into the spec, i came across this

9.2.5.1 Power Budgeting USB bus power is a limited resource. During device enumeration, a host evaluates a device’s power requirements. If the power requirements of a particular configuration exceed the power available to the device, Host Software shall not select that configuration. USB devices shall limit the power they consume from VBUS to one unit load or less until configured. Suspended devices, whether configured or not, shall limit their bus power consumption as defined in Chapter 7. Depending on the power capabilities of the port to which the device is attached, a USB device may be able to draw up to five unit loads from VBUS after configuration. (http://sdphca.ucsd.edu/Lab_Equip_Manuals/usb_20.pdf)

So i have the 12 power supply that comes with the GS. I will put the usb hubs on the separate 5V power supply.

As for the hard ware errors i tried both options and they produce the same errors. I guess i would have to move to a different miner software to view the individual errors.

Thank you

Offline AmDD

• I like coins
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2014, 11:09:47 PM »
i need some advice/help.

got my gridseeds working fine on hashra controla, updated from their web interface, but today i needed to change the pool address.
changed, saved and restarted but every time i open a new web page for the miners they are back to the old pool address.

how do i stop this from happening over and over?

I had the same issue last night. I ended up in unchecking the scrypt mining box and hit save/restart. This stopped all mining, then I entered my new pool info and hit save.

Offline jg92663

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2014, 12:26:30 AM »
what USB hubs are you all using? i have been looking for a 10 port hub that is 4 amps or higher and all i can find are usb 3, which i have read can not work with a rasberry pi?

Offline sprof

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2014, 01:14:04 AM »
Very interesting but not sure how but I have gotten ~200 HW errors using multipool and mining for around the same time using other pools <10

Not sure how a pool could affect HW errors but it seems to

Offline sg11423

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2014, 05:20:31 PM »
what USB hubs are you all using? i have been looking for a 10 port hub that is 4 amps or higher and all i can find are usb 3, which i have read can not work with a rasberry pi?

i a currently using http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-USB-Port-Power-Adapter/dp/B00483WRZ6
which are working better than
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-10-Port-High-Speed-USB-2-0-Hub-Expansion-Power-Adapter-for-Notebook-PC-/221278941555?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item338540b173.

The only thing is i had to mod a computer power supply to run all of the usb hubs and then finally i received much less hardware errors.

My rejection rate is still up and the hardware errors went down but after  hours they are back up. Its either the raspberry pis or multipool. I am going switch it to one pool and see how it goes. Then i am planing on running a windows base and then a Linux version of different mining software and compare....

Offline DarkKnight

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2014, 10:15:00 PM »
4 days of Mining on Windows based PC with 25 GS using premium USB3 hubs.

Still get plenty of HEs.  :-\

Offline CobraXP

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2014, 02:12:23 AM »
new update 1.30 .... has anyone seen what is new other than use/password to start?

Offline miter_myles

• ORLY?
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2014, 02:21:44 AM »
There is a timed reboot option where you can define the reboot in number of hours.. but it doesn't save for me... (have 4 PIs confirmed with this slight issue)

Offline CobraXP

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2014, 06:05:29 AM »
There is a timed reboot option where you can define the reboot in number of hours.. but it doesn't save for me... (have 4 PIs confirmed with this slight issue)

I see reboot and restart added which is nice

Offline sprof

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2014, 08:05:05 AM »

Does it actually work and how often should we set it to reboot?

Offline CobraXP

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2014, 06:16:46 PM »
i havent tried that yet. this version seems alot smoother. i haven't set the restart timer. I have tested the reboot and restart. seems to work great.

Offline sg11423

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2014, 06:20:20 PM »

Does it actually work and how often should we set it to reboot?

Works
-reboot
-restart
-save/restart
-clock speed(tested at 850mghz, i went to 900 and started getting hardware errors, this is on a non-modiffied GS)
-update
-password

not tested
restart at 'n' hours

i have 4 pi's on it right now, for some reason one pi had a hard time saving. I had to drop the clock speed to 600 mghz and then save and restart, then restart and then reboot. Then it finnaly saved the configuration at this point i then changed it to 800mghz and it worked.

Also turns out when i switched from "multipool" to a "give-me-litecoins" pool the hardware errors went to 0, except for one pi which had a cheap usb hub. So upgrade the usb hub and i am running with less than 10 errors in 10 hours. I think there is something that is not handling correctly with the GS in multipool. Maybe it can not handle the change. Also tested multipool in 1.2.7 and 1.3.0

8)

Offline sprof

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2014, 02:25:57 AM »
Yeah multipool gives alot of HW errors as when it changes coin the server says not responding until it connects to new coin. I have noticed other coin pools don't seem to disconnect when changing

Offline mazedk

« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2014, 11:54:06 AM »
Yeah multipool gives alot of HW errors as when it changes coin the server says not responding until it connects to new coin. I have noticed other coin pools don't seem to disconnect when changing

Im running on themage's pool, only seen 11 hw errors running 19 hrs straight now.. Doesnt seem so bad?