Author Topic: Hashra Controla, RPi/Gridseed distro  (Read 20680 times)

Offline bobby35ny

Re: Hashra Controla, RPi/Gridseed distro
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2014, 03:59:09 PM »
I made it about 12 hours with the 4G image then crashed.
-bobby

Offline bobby35ny

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 09:35:36 PM »
i am running the 8 gig image from Dark Knight.. thanks for this..
i have 10 gridseeds all working on it.. for about a day..
what kind of hardware errors should i be getting at 850? on multipool i am getting about an 8% reject rate and the HW errors are at about 76 so far..
i did remove the fans from my gridseeds, which makes my power for all 10 70Watts at the wall including the usb hub and the pi... but i am wondering if the slight temperature increase caused such a high rate or hw errors or if this is normal?
any suggestions...
thanks

with my crap monoprice hub, I had 17.72 % rejects and 60 HW errors.
Now testing the Etekcity hubs for 2 hrs on same pool. Let you know in 2 hours.
-bobby

Offline bobby35ny

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2014, 12:37:32 AM »
i am running the 8 gig image from Dark Knight.. thanks for this..
i have 10 gridseeds all working on it.. for about a day..
what kind of hardware errors should i be getting at 850? on multipool i am getting about an 8% reject rate and the HW errors are at about 76 so far..
i did remove the fans from my gridseeds, which makes my power for all 10 70Watts at the wall including the usb hub and the pi... but i am wondering if the slight temperature increase caused such a high rate or hw errors or if this is normal?
any suggestions...
thanks

with my crap monoprice hub, I had 17.72 % rejects and 60 HW errors.
Now testing the Etekcity hubs for 2 hrs on same pool. Let you know in 2 hours.
-bobby

Well after 3 hours on new hubs, looks like the same results.
18.5% rejected and 78 HW errors.
Guessing is normal, LOL

Offline DarkKnight

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2014, 02:30:01 AM »
DarkKnight, which hubs are you using?

Chinese, no name, 10 port hubs. The whole package was in Chinese. I think I will replace them.

i am using this Hub  12 v 3 amp

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ELPSEVW/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

I have errors and rejects to, I think its normal for these things.
I just ordered the same hubs, Hope they are good. I'm using 5v ones right now.
-bobby

Those are terrible hubs, IMO. They don't have enough power. If you have a 10 port hub, you need 10 * 500mA = 5A (aka 5v * 5A = 25w).

Also, I keep my RPi near a fan so it stays cool. If your RPi is getting hot, it will cause the crashes. If your hubs are falling short on power, it will try to draw the power from the RPi adapter through the board. This could also be causing the crashes. I'm running the exact same image. I needed to power cycle it today only because a miner was 'dead'. I'm not certain the cause, but it could be the hubs feeding them. I think with a solid 20 port hub, and a good PSU for the RPi, it will be fine with 20 units. There are others running even more units than that I think. For stability, it seems to be more about the supporting hardware than the RPi, or the distro it's running.

Offline jg92663

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2014, 03:43:41 AM »
Dark Knight, what hub are you using and what kind of Hardware errors/reject percentages are you getting?
thank you.

Offline DarkKnight

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2014, 05:35:25 AM »
Dark Knight, what hub are you using and what kind of Hardware errors/reject percentages are you getting?
thank you.

See directly above your post.

I'm not seeing significant hardware errors across the board. It's usually one random unit that collects 20+ errors, and I can never catch it happening. This is on my Window's based system. This distro resets BFG every 4 hours. It's hard to capture reliable statistics with that reset time. When I'm less busy at home, I'll experiment with longer timer periods to see if I can fix that.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 05:38:34 AM by DarkKnight »

Offline DocGonzzo

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2014, 05:40:23 AM »
Hey so you guys are saying your Hashra Conrtolas are running BFG not CG or CPU, what mode is that in. I am running version 1.2.7 dual mode and mine seems to be using cgminer for BTC, and cpuminer for LTC. I ssh'ed into it and I can see that BFG is in there, but it just doesnt seem to be doing anything, is this because I am in dual mode?

Offline DarkKnight

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2014, 01:15:50 PM »
Yes.

BTC Only: CGMiner
Dual: CGMiner + CPUMiner
LTC Only: BFGMiner

Offline DarkKnight

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2014, 08:39:03 PM »
thank you.

I have 26 HE's; With 20 units and nearly 4 hours, looks like I'm averaging 1 HW error every 2 hours. One of the units on my W7 machine has 143 HEs in about 24 hours, while the rest are single digits. I will have to track that more closely.

Offline AmDD

• I like coins
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2014, 02:22:25 AM »
I know you did not create this, but is there somewhere we can make requests? Id like to see a reset/reboot and shutdown option somewhere.

Offline thedue

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2014, 05:27:12 AM »
Did anyone had problems with connecting their usb hubs?!

If I connect a GS directly it works.. but if I use a hub (of course it is powered!) my hub / GS won´t get recognized... I tried an Orico 3.0, Tecknet 3.0, cheap chinese hub 2.0 that came with my package... nothing :(

Offline DarkKnight

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2014, 06:12:02 AM »
I know you did not create this, but is there somewhere we can make requests? Id like to see a reset/reboot and shutdown option somewhere.

Contact Hashra, ask for the feature. Protip: Donate or buy something from them to support development.

Personally, I 'm not sure I want to get into making any kind of significant alterations to someone else's project. I started the thread because of complaints in the Scripta thread. I made the images to help people that couldn't reset the password on their own. I'm just trying to 'help out' as it were.

Truthfully, I reboot via SSH anyway. I understand the convenience of it, but I don't think I want to put the time in to implement it. Even if I did, it would likely break when you update, which means I'd have to redo it for every update Hashra puts out there.  :-\

It took a ridiculous amount of effort on my part to save effort on everyone elses. I'm not a Linux guy, but I can use a search engine to get done what I need to get done (eventually). What you're asking for is probably going require a new php function written to call a reboot script, and an element on the page to run the function. I don't think it is as simple as just dragging a button onto the page with the word "reboot" on it.  ;)

Did anyone had problems with connecting their usb hubs?!

If I connect a GS directly it works.. but if I use a hub (of course it is powered!) my hub / GS won´t get recognized... I tried an Orico 3.0, Tecknet 3.0, cheap chinese hub 2.0 that came with my package... nothing :(

USB3 hubs don't work with RPi. Try the USB 2 hub again, make sure you have 12v plugged in to the GS too.

Offline AmDD

• I like coins
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2014, 11:12:04 AM »

Contact Hashra, ask for the feature. Protip: Donate or buy something from them to support development.

Personally, I 'm not sure I want to get into making any kind of significant alterations to someone else's project. I started the thread because of complaints in the Scripta thread. I made the images to help people that couldn't reset the password on their own. I'm just trying to 'help out' as it were.

Truthfully, I reboot via SSH anyway. I understand the convenience of it, but I don't think I want to put the time in to implement it. Even if I did, it would likely break when you update, which means I'd have to redo it for every update Hashra puts out there.  :-\

It took a ridiculous amount of effort on my part to save effort on everyone elses. I'm not a Linux guy, but I can use a search engine to get done what I need to get done (eventually). What you're asking for is probably going require a new php function written to call a reboot script, and an element on the page to run the function. I don't think it is as simple as just dragging a button onto the page with the word "reboot" on it.  ;)

I totally understand. I wasnt really asking for you to do it but asking how/where we can make requests of the DEV. This is the only Hashra thread I found on this forum.

Now that we can login via SSH, that will work for reboots. Having that ability on the web interface would just be convenient.

Thanks!

Offline sg11423

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2014, 03:54:33 PM »
-So i have been reading along, I order 40 GS from zoomhash and i received the units with in 4 days. 

-I am also receiving a lot of Hardware errors(20%+). I was wondering is their a way to see the individual hardware errors per each GS.

Hardware
-40 GS
-4 Pi's
- 4 10 port hubs http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-10-Port-High-Speed-USB-2-0-Hub-Expansion-Power-Adapter-for-Notebook-PC-/221278941555?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item338540b173
-2 360w power supplies, OEM

Background
Electrical Engineering

Offline DarkKnight

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2014, 04:54:41 PM »
It's hard to see form the picture on ebay, but the output on that adapter looks like 5v DC 3A. Is that correct? If so, that's too low. The USB spec requires 500mA (.5A) per port. 10 ports = 5A min output from your adapter.

Are the power supplies you are using full ATX or just 12v? If ATX, try tapping off the 5V rails to power your hubs instead of using the adapter.  ;)

If you are experiencing a lot of HEs across all of your GSs, remove the hub, plug one of them into your RPI directly, and mine with it for a day. If your HEs go down significantly, then you have found your problem.