Author Topic: 64-bit Windows Development Binaries of SGMiner [Updated 12/24]  (Read 88439 times)

Offline Wolf0

Re: 64-bit Windows Development Binaries of SGMiner
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2014, 12:55:51 AM »
I'll start compiling his fork now. Also, post your config file, or use pastebin, don't use zippyshare.
Ok sry, here it is http://pastebin.com/EtyMZVGT

Oh, and many thanks for build!

No problem. Also, not sure, but it might be that your nfactor is wrong.

Offline Bojcha

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2014, 01:00:31 AM »
Well, all say that for VertCoin need to be 11.

Offline Wolf0

« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2014, 01:17:16 AM »
Hm, vertcoin's current N is 2048, which is 2^11, so yes.

Offline Bojcha

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2014, 02:08:47 AM »
I just simply cannot make this to work. Sgminer or asks for pool or crashes or just 2 cards working,
I mainly use sgminer since i can set separately gpu-threads, and with scrypt it works just fine. But with Scrypt-N, no way.

Offline dhsc19

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2014, 05:16:10 PM »
Hi Wolf0,

Do you have a Win64 build of sgminer 4.1.0? These development versions are not quite yet stable for my purposes.  Bleeding edge is no always better for me. I know n-scrypt has been folded in the code, but it seems largely incomplete at the moment.

Also, can you specify what version these compiles are based on (either on the zip filename or a some text file in the archive...zip file name preferred just to save the hassle of downloading in the first place).  I know for myself, I've had problems with 4.1.153 with the miner dying every 4-5 days.  I wanted to try version 4.1.242 and I'm not interested in version 4.1.271 at the moment...so an indication of the version would be helpful.

Thanks.

Offline Wolf0

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2014, 05:49:17 PM »
Hi Wolf0,

Do you have a Win64 build of sgminer 4.1.0? These development versions are not quite yet stable for my purposes.  Bleeding edge is no always better for me. I know n-scrypt has been folded in the code, but it seems largely incomplete at the moment.

Also, can you specify what version these compiles are based on (either on the zip filename or a some text file in the archive...zip file name preferred just to save the hassle of downloading in the first place).  I know for myself, I've had problems with 4.1.153 with the miner dying every 4-5 days.  I wanted to try version 4.1.242 and I'm not interested in version 4.1.271 at the moment...so an indication of the version would be helpful.

Thanks.

I can make one for you, if you want. Scrypt-N support is stable, but the dev versions may not be. As for versioning, I think there's a version switch you can give to sgminer and it will tell you. If you want me to build 4.1.0, let me know.

Offline dhsc19

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2014, 08:47:42 PM »
Hi Wolf0,

Thanks.

I can make one for you, if you want. Scrypt-N support is stable, but the dev versions may not be. As for versioning, I think there's a version switch you can give to sgminer and it will tell you. If you want me to build 4.1.0, let me know.

Yes, if you don't mind. I would like to get the 4.1.0 version.  I know there is a 4.1.0 windows version floating out there from a "Cryptoblog" site, but I don't know if I can trust it.  And I like that you statically link your compiles.  So, yes, I'm aware to the "version" switch, but I was just hoping to save the hassle of downloading, extracting, and running until I find "the one" if there was a way to just see it off hand.  Eventually, I'd like to get 4.2.0 when it comes out and skip over all these interim releases.  Thanks again!

Offline Wolf0

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2014, 01:22:38 AM »
Hi Wolf0,

Thanks.

Yes, if you don't mind. I would like to get the 4.1.0 version.  I know there is a 4.1.0 windows version floating out there from a "Cryptoblog" site, but I don't know if I can trust it.  And I like that you statically link your compiles.  So, yes, I'm aware to the "version" switch, but I was just hoping to save the hassle of downloading, extracting, and running until I find "the one" if there was a way to just see it off hand.  Eventually, I'd like to get 4.2.0 when it comes out and skip over all these interim releases.  Thanks again!

I'll build it now. Give me a minute.

EDIT: Here you are:

<links removed, see OP>
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:18:04 AM by Wolf0 »

Offline pengo

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2014, 03:25:23 AM »
Get the following error when loading the latest build you've compiled:

[13:23:44] Building binary darkcoinTahitiglg2tc22400nf10w256l4.bin
[13:23:44] Error -11: Building Program (clBuildProgram)
[13:23:44] "C:\Users\COMPUT~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OCL6866.tmp.cl", line 79: catas
trophic error:
          cannot open source file "blake.cl"
  #include "blake.cl"
                     ^

1 catastrophic error detected in the compilation of "C:\Users\COMPUT~1\AppData\L
_^A
[13:23:44] Failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0
[13:23:44] Restarting the GPU from the menu will not fix this.
[13:23:44] Re-check your configuration and try restarting.
Press enter to continue:

No idea why its trying to build darkcoin bin when zuikkis kernel is specified.

Trying to start sgminer for a scrypt-n coin. Does your v4.1 build support scrypt-n? Guess I'll find out but it be good if you could say here.

Well sgminer v4.1 (stable, last build you posted above) doesn't load for a scrypt-n coin. Can you offer up a build that is stable and supports scrypt-n? Thank you in advance. :)

I've specified nfactor 11 in the conf file. I don't think your builds support nfactor as event tho its specified in the conf I get 100% rejects.

Update: of the 8th April build works with scryptn, the builds don't support darkcoin for which was specified in another profile in cgwatchr. Thus the darkcoin errors even tho I copied across the kernel file. Are you able to compile a build that works with X11 (darkcoin/hirocoin) and scrypt-n? I guess it already does but the nfactor 11 specified fucks it up so to speak.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:56:29 AM by pengo »

Offline Wolf0

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2014, 03:53:45 AM »
Get the following error when loading the latest build you've compiled:

[13:23:44] Building binary darkcoinTahitiglg2tc22400nf10w256l4.bin
[13:23:44] Error -11: Building Program (clBuildProgram)
[13:23:44] "C:\Users\COMPUT~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OCL6866.tmp.cl", line 79: catas
trophic error:
          cannot open source file "blake.cl"
  #include "blake.cl"
                     ^

1 catastrophic error detected in the compilation of "C:\Users\COMPUT~1\AppData\L
_^A
[13:23:44] Failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0
[13:23:44] Restarting the GPU from the menu will not fix this.
[13:23:44] Re-check your configuration and try restarting.
Press enter to continue:

No idea why its trying to build darkcoin bin when zuikkis kernel is specified.

Trying to start sgminer for a scrypt-n coin. Does your v4.1 build support scrypt-n? Guess I'll find out but it be good if you could say here.

Well sgminer v4.1 (stable, last build you posted above) doesn't load for a scrypt-n coin. Can you offer up a build that is stable and supports scrypt-n? Thank you in advance. :)

I've specified nfactor 11 in the conf file. I don't think your builds support nfactor as event tho its specified in the conf I get 100% rejects.

No, it doesn't. That version is not new, the guy above wanted an OLD version of SGMiner. Only the dev versions support scrypt-N. Try using the latest from the OP.

Offline pengo

« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2014, 03:57:23 AM »
As I found out :)

I updated my post above with my results.

Offline Wolf0

« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2014, 04:49:40 AM »

There is no version of SGMiner that works with X11, and I don't think veox has plans to support it. However, I could compile sph-sgminer for you.

Offline dhsc19

« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2014, 05:27:47 AM »
Hi Wolf0,

Thanks.

I'll build it now. Give me a minute.

EDIT: Here you are:

http://ottrbutt.com/sgminer/stable/sgminer-4.1.0.zip
http://ottrbutt.com/sgminer/stable/sgminer-4.1.0.zip.sig

Working great!  Thanks again!

Offline pengo

« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2014, 05:41:35 AM »

There is no version of SGMiner that works with X11, and I don't think veox has plans to support it. However, I could compile sph-sgminer for you.

Yeah i was using sph-sgminer. Just confused the two as their names are similar. No need to compile. Thanks for the offer.

Offline Wolf0

« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2014, 03:04:37 PM »

Yeah i was using sph-sgminer. Just confused the two as their names are similar. No need to compile. Thanks for the offer.

No problem.