Author Topic: 64-bit Windows Development Binaries of SGMiner [Updated 12/24]  (Read 93182 times)

Offline kqpahv

Re: 64-bit Windows Development Binaries of SGMiner
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2014, 07:33:52 AM »
First time trying out sgminer. Am I stupid or what but whats the point of an "faster miner" that does not show your mining speed ::)
This seems just so ridicolous ::)

Offline Wolf0

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2014, 08:16:14 AM »
First time trying out sgminer. Am I stupid or what but whats the point of an "faster miner" that does not show your mining speed ::)

I keep telling people, if it's not showing mining speed, file a bug on the github! Why are you telling me? What do you want me to do about it?

Offline restless

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2014, 12:09:16 PM »

I keep telling people, if it's not showing mining speed, file a bug on the github! Why are you telling me? What do you want me to do about it?
Well, what if only this build of sgminer has this problem?
I guess some library is missing. The exe works, shares are ok, but the interface part is broken, no hot-keys

Maybe as https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=18482.0 ?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 01:02:14 PM by restless »

Offline Wolf0

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2014, 08:28:25 PM »

Well, what if only this build of sgminer has this problem?
I guess some library is missing. The exe works, shares are ok, but the interface part is broken, no hot-keys

Maybe as https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=18482.0 ?

I'll make a new build right now, and triple check that PDCurses works.

EDIT: It's probable that some of my old builds didn't link against PDCurses correctly. I apologize, and thank you for suggesting that, restless. Try the latest build and let me know, I triple checked.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 08:38:19 PM by Wolf0 »

Offline restless

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2014, 05:49:30 AM »
It works fine :)

Offline Aboy68

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2014, 11:52:42 AM »
Works perfect!

Offline Wolf0

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2014, 06:37:05 AM »
Built a new copy of sph-sgminer for Win64 cause I wanted it, so I figured I'd share it:

<links removed, see OP>
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:16:30 AM by Wolf0 »

Offline Bojcha

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2014, 10:01:00 AM »
wich one supports N-Scrypt?

I have some problems to make N scrypt to work. Also looking for Zuikkis sgminer that supports N scrypt, since it kinda more optimized.

Offline venividivici

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2014, 10:42:40 AM »
hey wolf, thanks for doing the work on the binaries.
I wanted to test it out and downloaded your 8-4-2014 files. The miner works, its hashing, showing rates etc, but i cant change settings inside like i used to be able in cgminer? Is that something you have as well and an sgminer issue?
For example, when i press G, it shows the submenu, then C, to change settings, but as soon as i type 0-3 for my gpus to press enter its stuck, no responding. It still mines, but i cant get out of this menu nor go to specific gpu settings?

Offline Aboy68

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2014, 11:59:57 AM »
HI

Im using the latest bin 8-4-2014, and my menues are working fine.
I can do what you did describe not working.

Offline Wolf0

« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2014, 11:49:16 PM »
wich one supports N-Scrypt?

I have some problems to make N scrypt to work. Also looking for Zuikkis sgminer that supports N scrypt, since it kinda more optimized.

All of them support scrypt-N. If you want me to compile Zuikkis' fork, let me know.

hey wolf, thanks for doing the work on the binaries.
I wanted to test it out and downloaded your 8-4-2014 files. The miner works, its hashing, showing rates etc, but i cant change settings inside like i used to be able in cgminer? Is that something you have as well and an sgminer issue?
For example, when i press G, it shows the submenu, then C, to change settings, but as soon as i type 0-3 for my gpus to press enter its stuck, no responding. It still mines, but i cant get out of this menu nor go to specific gpu settings?

I'm pretty sure that's not a build bug.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:01:02 AM by Wolf0 »

Offline venividivici

« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2014, 10:29:52 AM »
Thanks Aboy68 en Wolf0, then it might be me? Any idea what can cause it? It happens again after restarting sgminer, also it happens when going into another submenu, i.e. g > i > select gpu instead of g > c > select gpu?

edit: Nvm, found the issue. Has to do with using tightvnc accessing the miner pc. Fix is either using another program or the windows on-board keyboard (Start->Programs->Accessories->Ease of Access->On-Screen Keyboard.) to prevent the 'wrong' enter key stroke
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:36:30 AM by venividivici »

Offline Bojcha

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2014, 08:31:50 PM »
All of them support scrypt-N. If you want me to compile Zuikkis' fork, let me know.
OK that would be great. However i tried with your latest build (04.08) and all works nice with scrypt. However i have big problems to run n-scrypt. I am using 2x280x and 2x5850 cards.. and for some reason in best case only 2x5850 cards works. both 280x are disabled at start. I might use something wrong in my config file, so if anyone can tell me what problem is, I would appreciate it.

config file: http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/22956643/file.html

Offline Wolf0

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2014, 12:29:31 AM »
OK that would be great. However i tried with your latest build (04.08) and all works nice with scrypt. However i have big problems to run n-scrypt. I am using 2x280x and 2x5850 cards.. and for some reason in best case only 2x5850 cards works. both 280x are disabled at start. I might use something wrong in my config file, so if anyone can tell me what problem is, I would appreciate it.

config file: http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/22956643/file.html

I'll start compiling his fork now. Also, post your config file, or use pastebin, don't use zippyshare.

EDIT: Here you go:

<links removed, see OP>
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:17:20 AM by Wolf0 »

Offline Bojcha

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2014, 12:37:59 AM »
I'll start compiling his fork now. Also, post your config file, or use pastebin, don't use zippyshare.
Ok sry, here it is http://pastebin.com/EtyMZVGT

Oh, and many thanks for build!