Author Topic: KopiemTu 2.0 - Nvidia 750Ti USB linux. Cuda 6.5 !!  (Read 217540 times)

Offline Hopatcong

• The Slappening That Never Happened
Re: KopiemTu 2.0 - Nvidia 750Ti USB linux. Cuda 6.5 !!
« Reply #1185 on: November 02, 2015, 11:51:48 PM »
Vertcoin has 60%+ hash on givemecoins. I know it's not the most profitable or some may have lost interest. For anyone still mining it try a different pool, or even better p2pool. You can also merge mine mobilecash on xpool I think and on p2pool which is what I'm doing. I made a thread on VTC reddit a week or so ago when it was 47% and now it's 62% so didn't seem to do any good.

I like vertcoin is decentralized by avoiding asics, even if there are some that disagree with the hardforks. However if one pool controls the blockchain you are defeating the whole purpose of remaining asic resistant...might as well name it GiveMeCoins coin.

Off topic but I know there were a lot of Vert miners using Kopiem, and mobilecash is a coin created by JK_14 so wanted to try mentioning it here before I completely give up on VTC

Offline Hopatcong

• The Slappening That Never Happened
« Reply #1186 on: November 03, 2015, 08:40:06 AM »
Just saw your reply to my reddit post JK, I only sporadically get time to post, reddit here or btctalk. Should probably consolidate my emails so I get notifications and check back on forums/reddit more often.
Anyway hope MBL takes off, I'm leaving my rigs on VTC and MBL and hoping MBL and hodl MBL till it goes to the moon. Cheers

Offline induktor

« Reply #1187 on: February 07, 2016, 06:09:25 AM »
Hi guys.
no activity in months? is kopiemtu not longer used?, am I the only guy that is using it?

I am working to upgrade upgraded to CUDA 7.5 and the lattest driver 352.63.
compiled last sp_ version 1.5.78 ccminer

I left the old cuda 6.5 too, if you need to use instead of the cuda 7.5 just modify the path of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the /opt/kopiemtu/miner.sh

rock solid so far on H81 Pro BTC with 6x 750Ti.
if there is interest I will upload the working image to mega and post links, plz let me know.
(I wanna shrink it a little bit so it would fit on most 16gb flash drives, because the cuda installer used the entire 16GB flash drive).

indkt.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:12:40 PM by induktor »

Offline ldra02

« Reply #1188 on: February 11, 2016, 11:28:54 AM »
Hi guys.
no activity in months? is kopiemtu not longer used?, am I the only guy that is using it?

I am working to upgrade upgraded to CUDA 7.5 and the lattest driver 352.63.
compiled last sp_ version 1.5.78 ccminer

I left the old cuda 6.5 too, if you need to use instead of the cuda 7.5 just modify the path of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the /opt/kopiemtu/miner.sh

rock solid so far on H81 Pro BTC with 6x 750Ti.
if there is interest I will upload the working image to mega and post links, plz let me know.
(I wanna shrink it a little bit so it would fit on most 16gb flash drives, because the cuda installer used the entire 16GB flash drive).

indkt.

Glad you got it to work. I've had no luck so far, though admittedly I'm a bit light on linux knowledge. Running a z87 board with 2x GTX 770, and when I boot in I immediately get all kinds of errors which I have no idea how to begin sorting through.

Offline induktor

« Reply #1189 on: February 12, 2016, 02:54:35 PM »
Hi
If you post the errors I could try to help

I got 1 rig working but when I try to reproduce it on the next rig every went haywire, I got it kinda working but does not mine, nvcc doesnt work but cuda 7.5 is installed and driver is OK, but nvidia-smi show status for all the cards, but at the bottom only 1 is active  :o no idea.

it was working, i just forgot to modify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the old cuda 6.5 (since at that time i had a 6.5 miner) it works perfectly, instructions follow>
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 07:25:34 PM by induktor »

Offline induktor

« Reply #1190 on: February 14, 2016, 07:40:49 PM »
HOW TO UPGRADE KOPIEMTU MOD with cuda 6.5.19 to CUDA 7.5 and driver 352

NOTE1: I assume that you have my modded version of kopiemtu with cuda 3.5.19 on a 16GB flash drive.

NOTE2: i assume you do EVERYTHING as ROOT, so before any
command, DO sudo su

NOTE3: before we begin, i will recommend that you backup your flash drive.

I use win32diskimager
plug the flash drive, load win32diskimager
type the full path and name of the image to create
example: c:\kopiemtuminerbackup_cuda65.img
and press read.

or you can do it with dd too in another linux machine.
when it finishes plug the flash drive to the miner and we continue:

Connect monitor keyboard and mouse to the miner.

make sure you have enough room, delete any miner software you are not using, it is very likely that the cuda 6.5.19 installer is still in the /root directory (i left it there just in case, delete it) CUDA 7.5 needs at least! 6.2 GB FREE during the install process or it will abort.

we download CUDA:

open firefox and paste this:

http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/7.5/Prod/local_installers/cuda_7.5.18_linux.run

(this is the .run version for ubuntu 14.04 x64 version)

it is 1.1M in size so, it may take a while if you have shitty
internet connection like me.

now open console.

sudo su (password is usually live)

it is time to stop the miner if you are still mining:

mine stop

then we install some libraries:

Code: [Select]
apt-get install libglu1-mesa libxi-dev libxmu-dev libglu1-mesa-dev

once you have that one installed and downloaded CUDA

Check remote access to the miner (ESSENTIAL!):

it is absolutely necessary to be able to access the miner via SSH for reasons you will understand below as you read.
so check this now, using ssh on another linux or putty on a windows machine.

if you don't know the IP address to this:
ifconfig | grep "inet addr"

the first one is the right one.
now check if you can connect to the miner via ssh.

if you, for whatever reason cannot connect via ssh STOP, don't keep going with this process as you will loose local access to the machine at some point and it is necessary to have remote ssh running, i did in on three machines and works every time so it should work on yours!.

OK, so you can access remotely via SSH to the miner

we can now go back to the physical machine.

Install CUDA:

get out of X server.

CTRL-ALT-F1

login there in text mode.

service lightdm stop

init 3

cd /home/live/Downloads

chmod +x cuda_7.5.18_linux.run

now:

sh cuda_7.5.18_linux.run

say yes to all, default paths are ok.
you will see every now and then that the screen flickers, it's normal don't worry.

if you have a sandisk or other slower flash drive, it will take about an hour to do this.

when it finish

reboot

at this point it won't work, I see a flashing cursor at the top left of the screen.
the machine looks hanged up, but it works remotely, so:

we login remotely via ssh (that's why it was so important!)

and uninstall the drivers:

sudo dpkg --list | grep nvidia

gives you a list of what it is installed, uninstall everything, in my case was:

sudo apt-get remove nvidia-346 nvidia-opencl-icd-346 nvidia-prime nvidia-settings
DON'T REBOOT!

Install newest driver

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xorg-edgers/ppa -y
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nvidia-352

sudo reboot

at this point miner loads but does not start mining, that's ok, check versions of cuda and driver:

Check CUDA version

nvcc --version

Check driver version

cat /proc/driver/nvidia/version

and check that you can see all your cards with:

nvidia-smi

if everything is ok we download latest version of sp_ and compile

if you want to use an older version compiled for cuda 6.5 modify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in /opt/kopiemtu/miner.sh (near the bottom)
to point it to the old library (usually) /usr/local/cuda-6.5/lib64 since the symlink now points to the new cuda 7.5

I am pretty sure that there is a better (cleaner) way to do this, but this method worked every time, so I prefer to go with the very well tested method :)

Offline jk_14

« Reply #1191 on: February 17, 2016, 11:01:07 PM »

Great work, Induktor!

Offline california_jim

« Reply #1192 on: February 18, 2016, 08:34:43 PM »
Hi guys.

<snip>

indkt.
Hi Induktor

You're not hashing alone :D

I have your modded KopiemTu on two surplus laptop drives in my x6 & x2 GPU rigs (too tight ot buy 16Gb sticks), they hash during the daylight hours on solar power if its not too dull.

I'll have a go at upgrading them and let you know how I get on.

CJ

Great work, Induktor!

I concur!

Offline induktor

« Reply #1193 on: February 26, 2016, 08:02:47 PM »
Hi Jim, jk
thank you both.

good to know someone is still using it! :)

I was thinking that now that the driver is different probably monitor will work!, will test it this week and post results.

So Jim you mine with solar panels! wow, i purchased 2 panels but still working on the control box.
i am doing an off grid system, but i have utility power, because online systems are incredibly complicated!, and very expensive here in south america. (I am "the crazy guy" because of the solar "thing" geez)

just out of curiosity, would you mind talk about your setup?, if you prefer PM it's ok :)

EDIT: profitability is going up, GOOD!, too bad i can't mine ETH with the 750Ti's , 5.2 only :(, i have abunch of sapphire 7950 i should probably check if there is a efficient miner for AMD now.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 01:09:34 AM by induktor »

Offline jk_14

« Reply #1194 on: March 08, 2016, 11:27:43 AM »
Hi Jim, jk
thank you both.

good to know someone is still using it! :)

Hi, All!

I have launched second phase in MobileCash - there is still opportunity to get 10k MBL for one SMS - first 100 persons, you all are welcome

http://www.mbl.cash/

such countries are covered by domestic phone number:

China, India, US, Indonesia, Germany, France, UK, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Poland, Canada, Malaysia, Chile, Hong Kong  (3.667 billions people)

If you are from these above - get you MBL giveaway and then tell your all non-cryptoaddicted friends, because it's simple, immediate and funny ;)

Thanks a lot!