Author Topic: New Litecoin Miners from Mining Asics Technologies  (Read 80311 times)

Offline worldlybedouin

• Elite Member
Re: New Litecoin Miners from Mining Asics Technologies
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2014, 06:20:08 PM »
I guess in theory MAT could create new firmware for their FPA devices to mine alternative scrypt algorithms like n-script or scrypt-jane, etc....right?

Offline lightsier

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2014, 06:29:40 PM »
Since these deliveries are not "planned" until the later half of this year, we can safely assume there will be no Scrypt ASICs in 2014.

However, I propose the idea that if and when these ASICs do come out, we promptly abandon any and all Scrypt coins and only mine Scrypt-N or Scrypt-jane coins, whichever ones the ASICs cannot do.

Make them instantly useless, mining coins no one wants anymore.

Yes, I'm a Scrypt ASIC hater. :D
To be fair the majority of the script coins are already useless. ;)

Offline pguerrerox

• Elite Member
  • Unbendable
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2014, 06:56:31 PM »
WOW, this look serious!
Looking.......

Offline lightsier

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2014, 07:03:27 PM »
As soon as they're ready for overnight shipping, I'll consider purchasing one.. or three!  Forget the pre-order stuff.

Offline pguerrerox

• Elite Member
  • Unbendable
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2014, 07:15:03 PM »
As soon as they're ready for overnight shipping, I'll consider purchasing one.. or three!  Forget the pre-order stuff.

+1

Offline searay90

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2014, 08:08:29 PM »
I guess in theory MAT could create new firmware for their FPA devices to mine alternative scrypt algorithms like n-script or scrypt-jane, etc....right?

maybe, but the trick is to increase the memory requirement above what the asic can support.  then worthless asic :-)    yes I too am an ASIC hater.  you saw what it did to bitcoin.   Unless you have BIG $$ to invest, you can't play in that space.   So all the little guys got pushed out    the intent of crypto is to decentralize everything so no one can control it.     Thus the birth of Liteoin and it's clones.   nothing would make me happier than to see a fork in litecoin about mid summer.   it would kill off existing ASIC's , and who would want to buy a future asic with the thought of another "fork" coming out and making their investment useless.

Flame suit on  ;)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 08:13:54 PM by searay90 »

Offline pguerrerox

• Elite Member
  • Unbendable
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2014, 09:00:54 PM »

maybe, but the trick is to increase the memory requirement above what the asic can support.  then worthless asic :-)    yes I too am an ASIC hater.  you saw what it did to bitcoin.   Unless you have BIG $$ to invest, you can't play in that space.   So all the little guys got pushed out    the intent of crypto is to decentralize everything so no one can control it.     Thus the birth of Liteoin and it's clones.   nothing would make me happier than to see a fork in litecoin about mid summer.   it would kill off existing ASIC's , and who would want to buy a future asic with the thought of another "fork" coming out and making their investment useless.

Flame suit on  ;)

scrypt-jane coins will be stronger by 2014 ends.

Offline Anddos

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2014, 02:10:02 AM »

So they need to get dreamchip to annouce there partners on
http://www.dreamchip.de

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2014, 07:48:00 AM »

Flame suit on  ;)

scrypt-jane coins will be stronger by 2014 ends.

The way to a scrypt-jane or scrypt-n asic is actually quite simple...people will think of it eventually, guess around 2015 :D

Offline spoonhole

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2014, 11:38:37 AM »
I am still Very Weary of this company, the fact they are only accepting Bank transfer and Bitcoin payment is suspicious.

Dreamchip seems to have some substance - about 30-50 employees; certainly an announcement from them that they are partnering with MAT would ease my concerns.

MAT must realise that any substantive evidence of the authenticity of their operations that they can provide us with would boost their pre-orders.

Offline Shagrath666

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2014, 01:42:44 PM »
I think it is a big scame... Here is answer for my coment on facebook   "Because paypal tis not possible due the delivery will take more than 90 days!! We are not scammers if you will check our site you will understand. We are also checked from Thawte! In 5 month there will be very profitable. If you dont want - DONT BUY!" they removed my comment, but I make SS with my comment http://pl.vc/4w904 . I think they are just whant make some profit from preorders and just spend some 5-20k euro for site, company registration etc. to look legally. when they make some 500k+ euro they will simply disappear. I certainly would like it to be not this way, but all of this looks like a scame.

Offline timk225

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2014, 06:15:44 PM »
Searay90 - no flames from me, I think you have a good idea.  When Scrypt ASICs come out, we need to look at them and figure out how to hard fork Scrypt coins in a way that will make those ASICs instantly useless.  Or at least a hell of a lot less effective.  Then fork LiteCoin and any other decent Scrypt coins.  Any decent mining GPU already has at least 2 GB of RAM, even the 750 Ti's have 2 GB variants.  And any motherboard with enough GPU slots to be useful for mining can already take at least 8 GB of RAM.

You ASIC designers need to leave Scrypt coins alone, we don't want your crap here.  You already ruined BitCoin and every SHA-256 coin for that matter, so stay there.  Have ASIC wars amongst the different ASIC makers, and stay out of our Scrypt mining business.

Although I don't want Nvidia GPUs to ever be better than Radeons at mining Scrypt, I would like to see them get better, thus causing price competition and lowering the price of Radeons.  Then by that alone, the ASIC's will have a harder time showing why they are a better deal.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:18:47 PM by timk225 »

Offline ymer

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2014, 06:30:00 PM »
Why so many scrypt ASIC raising suddenly?

I think many people that preorders from all these new companies will be in tears later.

Offline dp007

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2014, 12:23:18 AM »
1. If this is legit and not a SCAM.
Why MAT does NOT accept either Paypal or credit card payments? Why not like Alfa Tech, Zeus, and other Script miners?

2. Another fishy discloser on their listing shows as following:
"Deposit Only: 35% is due today. The rest will be billed later."
  What's the meaning of billed later? Is it at the time of delivery (like Alfa Tech) or anytime they want the rest of the payment?

3. Here is another one from their FAQ section: Can I have a copy of your terms of Sale?
Answer: Our terms of sale are available at the following link and must be agreed to before the sale is final.
www.mining-asics-technologies.com/termsofsale
RESULT: 404 Not Found  >:(

OVERALL IT SMELLS FISHY.

Hoping to see if MAT considers accepting Paypal or credit card payments and comment on above concerns. If it's about Paypal or CC fees, as I buyer I would not mind paying the extra fees for Paypal or CC fees.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:30:18 AM by dp007 »

Offline itsmenath

• Elite Member
  • Uhh, that's not a jaguar officer.
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2014, 12:30:48 AM »
New coin coming out called pre-order. You pay for it in BTC or LTC and you may or may not see it hit your wallet in 2-3 months time.