Author Topic: Litecoin Development Fund Raising 2015  (Read 70831 times)

Offline crazik

• Administrator
    • great humour zone
Re: Litecoin Development Fund Raising 2014
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2014, 05:03:26 AM »
infinitepeace: you are great!

Offline infinitepeace

• Litecoin Association Member
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2014, 07:57:12 AM »
infinitepeace: you are great!

I try to make consistent donations monthly.  Thank you.  However I would say our devs and admins and mods are great. :)

--edit--

Bobby Lee is who I would say is great - just noticed the balance is about 2011 LTC - with the last input being the matched 1000!

Actually so many people here are great I would need a whole thread to try to mention them all, and that obviously includes Crazik.  :)

One thing I have wondered recently is what happened to some of the people who introduced me to Litecoin mining back when there were no other alts.  They have not seemed to make the jump over here from bitcointalk forums.  They are great.

I remember testing two Titans for beta versions of cudaminer and reporting results to Christian- and Taco's wiki threads on Litecoin were great, there are many others too who should be here imho, but I don't see them (or they changed forum names like I did ? ).

Offline Liquid71

« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2014, 05:33:40 AM »
Not sure if it's possible, but maybe get the LTC association on Amazon Smile.
https://org.amazon.com/ref=smi_se_saas_org_org

.5% of purchases get donated and it costs nothing to the customer, just an idea. Keep up the good work guys!

Just signed up for the association and saw you're still waiting on 501(c)(3) status, so no Amazon smile yet but maybe something worth checking out in the future...and hopefully Amazon adds LTC as a payment option in the future ;-)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 05:42:17 AM by Liquid71 »

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2014, 01:36:36 PM »
Not sure if it's possible, but maybe get the LTC association on Amazon Smile.
https://org.amazon.com/ref=smi_se_saas_org_org

.5% of purchases get donated and it costs nothing to the customer, just an idea. Keep up the good work guys!

Just signed up for the association and saw you're still waiting on 501(c)(3) status, so no Amazon smile yet but maybe something worth checking out in the future...and hopefully Amazon adds LTC as a payment option in the future ;-)

If you just signed up for the LA, please contact Carnth. :)

Offline elena20

« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2014, 02:57:39 PM »
Nice to see that there are some who are really donating. Might do someday, I just currently setting up my Litecoin account. More developments, more litecoins. :)

Offline AmDD

• I like coins
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2014, 08:35:04 PM »
I just threw some coins into the pot.
Could you edit the op and add a QR code? That would make things easier for donating via phone.   8)

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2014, 01:51:41 AM »
Could you edit the op and add a QR code? That would make things easier for donating via phone.   8)

done , in the future use this site http://litecoinqrcode.info/ to generate a qr code , just copy and paste.

Offline AmDD

• I like coins
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2014, 01:29:27 PM »

done , in the future use this site http://litecoinqrcode.info/ to generate a qr code , just copy and paste.

nice, thanks!

I just googled QR Code generator and used whatever site was listed first.

Offline cryptog1

• Litecoin has a better economic design than Bitcoin
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2014, 04:22:11 AM »
hi there. any release schedule for the revamp of litecoin.org?

and to whom should i submit the glitches i noticed about the translations?

tks.

Offline saigoned

• Bitcoin and Litcoin Merchandise Coming Soon
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2014, 06:45:25 AM »
Am keen to donate  [ltc] each month but would be nice to see some updates here. I PMd warren and SeikoChan, hopefully we hear from them soon.

Thanks

----https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=3874.135---

Yes would be great to get an update from SeikoChan, I see someone recently donated 100  to the Website and Client Documentation Fund, I am sure with a few updates more people would donate, I for one most definitely would.

I have put over $30k into LTC this last 7 months and would like to hear what is being worked on and accomplished. I am very pleased with how things are moving with regards to marketing, Litecoin.com etc but want to know how other things are going.

Maybe it's just me but I feel a regular monthly update from the developers is needed, there is so much FUD being spread on BitcoinTalk that the LTc development team has given up or does nothing.

Regilar updates would defiantly help and encourage donations. Is a monthly update too much to request?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 07:00:53 AM by saigoned »

Offline Muhammed Zakhir

• Give Your Knowledge And Take Others!
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2014, 05:54:14 AM »
Great to hear about it! I recommend you to add Paypal, OKPay etc... to get more funds. ::) I hope it will be added soon. :)

Kindly,
         MZ

Offline warren

• Litecoin Dev Team
  • Linux Software Engineer
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2014, 10:56:50 AM »
Am keen to donate  [ltc] each month but would be nice to see some updates here. I PMd warren and SeikoChan, hopefully we hear from them soon.

Thanks

Yes would be great to get an update from SeikoChan, I see someone recently donated 100  to the Website and Client Documentation Fund, I am sure with a few updates more people would donate, I for one most definitely would.

I have put over $30k into LTC this last 7 months and would like to hear what is being worked on and accomplished. I am very pleased with how things are moving with regards to marketing, Litecoin.com etc but want to know how other things are going.

Maybe it's just me but I feel a regular monthly update from the developers is needed, there is so much FUD being spread on BitcoinTalk that the LTc development team has given up or does nothing.

Regilar updates would defiantly help and encourage donations. Is a monthly update too much to request?

Seikochan has moved on to a different internship.  She refused any money.  It was a learning experience for her as a student.  She did important work helping us to move into a modern templating system with Transifex for easy translations of strings into many languages.

crazik is now doing the bulk of the rework for litecoin.org.  He is using the modern template system but redoing the layout, adding additional pages and moving community content to Litecoin.com.  The first step was simple in making the social media feed more visible.

The Website fund will go to crazik and others who contribute to litecoin.org and litecoin.com.  If we like the progress I may even throw in Dev fund money toward the web projects.

Core Development surely has not stopped.  We're sadly not very good at explaining what we're doing.  I personally have been helping with Bitcoin Core translations and certain important bug fixes.  Bitcoin Core 0.9.2 does not contain any major improvements over our heavily customized 0.8.7.2.  0.10.x is many months away and it only yesterday gained a major new feature (watch only addresses).  I am now working on a pre-release that backports important stuff to 0.9.x.

Litecoin Java needs more development.  The current Android app works great with no major bugs that we know about.  It however was put together early this year in a rush with messy commits.  It needs to be rebased onto the latest bitcoinj library and Android app source, refactored to do the Litecoin fee formula directly instead of using the confusing bypass.  That would allow the library to be used for purposes other than the Android app.  I'm talking with Erik Gregg this week about the needed tasks.  Core Dev fund money will go toward Erik and anyone who competently helps with the Java development.

Electrum LTC has been through a few release candidates and is very close now.  Core Dev made a donation of 100 LTC to upstream ThomasV in graditude for his work, and 100 LTC to the Electrum LTC fund managed by pooler.  He will be distributing that fund to the volunteers who helped to stabilize and deploy Electrum LTC.

Offline saigoned

• Bitcoin and Litcoin Merchandise Coming Soon
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2014, 02:26:11 PM »

Thanks

Seikochan has moved on to a different internship.  She refused any money.  It was a learning experience for her as a student.  She did important work helping us to move into a modern templating system with Transifex for easy translations of strings into many languages.

crazik is now doing the bulk of the rework for litecoin.org.  He is using the modern template system but redoing the layout, adding additional pages and moving community content to Litecoin.com.  The first step was simple in making the social media feed more visible.

The Website fund will go to crazik and others who contribute to litecoin.org and litecoin.com.  If we like the progress I may even throw in Dev fund money toward the web projects.

Core Development surely has not stopped.  We're sadly not very good at explaining what we're doing.  I personally have been helping with Bitcoin Core translations and certain important bug fixes.  Bitcoin Core 0.9.2 does not contain any major improvements over our heavily customized 0.8.7.2.  0.10.x is many months away and it only yesterday gained a major new feature (watch only addresses).  I am now working on a pre-release that backports important stuff to 0.9.x.

Litecoin Java needs more development.  The current Android app works great with no major bugs that we know about.  It however was put together early this year in a rush with messy commits.  It needs to be rebased onto the latest bitcoinj library and Android app source, refactored to do the Litecoin fee formula directly instead of using the confusing bypass.  That would allow the library to be used for purposes other than the Android app.  I'm talking with Erik Gregg this week about the needed tasks.  Core Dev fund money will go toward Erik and anyone who competently helps with the Java development.

Electrum LTC has been through a few release candidates and is very close now.  Core Dev made a donation of 100 LTC to upstream ThomasV in graditude for his work, and 100 LTC to the Electrum LTC fund managed by pooler.  He will be distributing that fund to the volunteers who helped to stabilize and deploy Electrum LTC.

Warren, appreciate the update.

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2014, 12:26:46 PM »

Thanks

Warren please consider posting updates like this from time to time in the litecoin dev sub forum https://litecointalk.org/index.php?board=88.0 , the community is dying to know what the dev team is working on. Thanks !!

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2014, 01:25:03 AM »

Warren please consider posting updates like this from time to time in the litecoin dev sub forum https://litecointalk.org/index.php?board=88.0 , the community is dying to know what the dev team is working on. Thanks !!

I would like to second this, I think this is a fantastic idea!