Author Topic: Litecoin Development Fund Raising 2015  (Read 72163 times)

Offline mmitech

Re: Litecoin Development Fund Raising 2014
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2014, 10:47:32 AM »
The "secret" project in the Electrum thread is a hybrid wallet with local private keys similar to blockchain.info.  I did not open that fund raiser because it is a HUGE job and very difficult to do it correctly and securely.  So I don't think it's right to accept money when I am not fully confident it can be done in a way that isn't risky to its users.  Work had already begun and I'm waiting to learn more about the developer's skills before asking the Litecoin community to fund it.

This is part of Litecoin Dev's desire to MAKE NO PROMISES THAT WE CAN'T KEEP.

This is also why LItecoin Dev is separate from promotion/marketing.

Warren,

I was very interested in the Ethereum developer's presentation at the 2014 Bitcoin conference.  Bitcoin has Ethereum/Mastercoin/Counterparty etc. being built on top of its blockchain, and NXT is trying to do some the same things separately.

Should we be thinking about "Litethereum?"  There has been some talk in the community that building services that allow for autonomous organizations on the Litecoin blockchain would add tremendous value to our coin and further cement its status.

What are the developer's thoughts? Has this been discussed? 

We do not want Litecoin to be left behind as "2.0" crypto is being developed.  Thanks for all you do. :)

Ethereum is an ALT, it is not built on top of Bitcoin's Block chain, it has its own Block chain.....

Offline CryptoDude

• nothing real can be threatened
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2014, 02:41:41 PM »
I think Litecoin needs to leverage / partner with Ethereum and not try to build it's own version of it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 02:57:04 PM by CryptoDude »

Offline warren

• Litecoin Dev Team
  • Linux Software Engineer
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2014, 08:29:24 PM »
Ethereum is an ALT, it is not built on top of Bitcoin's Block chain, it has its own Block chain.....

Correct.

Offline infinitepeace

• Litecoin Association Member
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2014, 12:44:12 AM »

Correct.
  Yes I misspoke.  However, could you address the question of whether the team has discussed this functionality.  Whether it is based on the Bitcoin blockchain like Mastercoin or an alt like Ethereum and NXT?

There was a lot of discussion at the conference in Texas about so-called "crypto 2.0."

Instead of focusing on my small mistake in categorization, is there an opinion on the broader point raised? 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 01:12:02 AM by infinitepeace »

Offline CryptoDude

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2014, 02:34:30 AM »
In my humble opinion Crypto 2.0 Can Not Be Ignored. And the Litecoin community  has to have a plan on how to integrate with this new technology, if we want to stay relevant.

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2014, 03:55:54 AM »
In my humble opinion Crypto 2.0 Can Not Be Ignored. And the Litecoin community  has to have a plan on how to integrate with this new technology, if we want to stay relevant.

People have a hard time understanding what a bitcoin/litecoin is , there's no way they will understand "crypto 2.0". Let's try not to derail this thread.

Offline lidong

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2014, 04:00:36 AM »
1 LTC just sent. I'll donate more later.

TXId:69fc61043631851203dfe80af8332fe96ecd6bd7dd29c9be957a4c8f91c7a057

Offline PowdaBaM

• Do what you love.
    • Computer Repair Las Vegas, Inc.
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2014, 06:01:23 AM »
Thank you for your support lidong.

Offline nogreedy

• Litecoin : The official moon currency
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2014, 12:01:58 PM »
@warren
The "secret" project in the Electrum thread is a hybrid wallet with local private keys similar to blockchain.info.  I did not open that fund raiser because it is a HUGE job and very difficult to do it correctly and securely.  So I don't think it's right to accept money when I am not fully confident it can be done in a way that isn't risky to its users.  Work had already begun and I'm waiting to learn more about the developer's skills before asking the Litecoin community to fund it.

This is part of Litecoin Dev's desire to MAKE NO PROMISES THAT WE CAN'T KEEP.

This is also why LItecoin Dev is separate from promotion/marketing.

I think it's a fantastic project and I hope it will be released (can you provide a timeline?)

Lots of things have been happening behind the scenes and I haven't had time to explain much lately.  Part of the hidden work will be revealed soon (small part).

Can you take a little bit of your precious time to explain now? What will be revealed and when?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAgJUwHntDQ&feature=youtube_gdata

Holy....

listen to ~33:00 - so let rampant speculation begin, who is the vendor??

Overstock?  Tiger Direct?

Taking bets in LTC :P

And about your very interesting interview "let's talk Bitcoin - E71 – Blockchain Tools and Litecoin Devs", end december I think, you talked about a vendor who will adopt LTC in the next few weeks (with process payement)...
But many people (including myself) on forums are now wondering the name of this company... Can you reveal now? Is it always relevant and still valid?

http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/1u9w40/coblee_warren_on_lets_talk_bitcoin_significant/

Offline coinx

• Donator
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2014, 12:36:52 PM »
But many people (including myself) on forums are now wondering the name of this company... Can you reveal now? Is it always relevant and still valid?
I think is was tealet.com

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2014, 04:33:26 PM »
Warren,

I had someone ask me if you (devs) have a paypal account set up for donations.

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2014, 05:10:17 PM »
Warren,

I had someone ask me if you (devs) have a paypal account set up for donations.

paypal ? lol blasphemy , tell him to get his hand on LTC .

Offline CryptoDude

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2014, 06:38:16 PM »
PayPal and Ripple is heresy just like the US dollar  ;D

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2014, 08:09:50 AM »
+ 78.12 LTC from CryptoVest Special First Edition Auction customers: d6248a3125189643c3a0dbd163db3f9776176f9e067995aabe5c1f0a31fd9085

Good job guys!  :)

PS: Warren please come talk to us in the Litecoin Protocol thread. We need your expert opinion. https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=16962.0
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 08:14:20 AM by CoinHoarder »

Offline seikochan

• Website and Doc Dev
  • Website and Doc Dev
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2014, 08:50:15 PM »
Litecoin Core Dev Sponsorsheet
Website and Client Documentation Dev Sponsorsheet

Hi everyone!
    I'm seikochan, the intern for Bitcoin/Litecoin under the guidance of Warren Togami.  Thank you for donating to the Litecoin Development Funds.  Please PM me with the Tx IDs of your donation if you would like me to update the above spreadsheets with your name as a sponsor.