Author Topic: P2pool Litecoin[Easy Step by Step Screen Captures] Win32 (Free solution)  (Read 176105 times)

Offline LinuxNoob

Re: P2pool [Step by Step] Install with pictures [Windows]
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2013, 09:45:38 PM »
Was it the ip address you found in your command prompt after you typed ipconfig?

The firewall on windows is for the computer itself I went on my router (you'll need to find your ip address of it. Sometimes if you don't have access to it wireless then you would have to hook up to it manually) I left mine able to access wireless from my browser.

If you don't know your ip for the router you can find it in ipconfig under default gateway

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.103 <<< This is my laptop ip address I'm on now
 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1  <<< This is where my router sits I type this in my browser and vioala

My p2pool is working in the background in blue and its running with the litecoin.conf in that configuration. P2pool probably needed the router to forward that port to connect to JSON network. The 10333 was to work around the conflicts with the bitcoin network as we are using the same network.

Offline LinuxNoob

« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2013, 09:54:00 PM »
i have the same problem
dont matter what config i use, i gonna get 0 LTC payout ;(

The only thing that pisses me off is waiting a couple of hours for things to show up as fruitful.

http://127.0.0.1:9327/static/ this is where I find how I'm doing. However after mining for 3 hours I began to see payment confirmation. I'm just figuring this out myself.

I know that if its accepting shares it will be only a matter of time before the transactions come in.

shyliar is more of an expert with this than me.

Offline enricoluigi

« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2013, 10:20:18 PM »
http://i.imgur.com/2G0IdXR.png?1

Is this right?

Shares: 0 total (0 orphaned, 0 dead) Efficiency: ???
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 10:23:08 PM by enricoluigi »

Offline LinuxNoob

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2013, 10:38:21 PM »
yea look like its working.

Offline enricoluigi

« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2013, 10:45:40 PM »
why my hash rate at site is 590~ h/s and cgminer says 98kh/s?

i cant understand this p2pool :P

Offline LinuxNoob

« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2013, 10:56:34 PM »
why my hash rate at site is 590~ h/s and cgminer says 98kh/s?

i cant understand this p2pool :P

Check it in 10 min I think its an average.

Offline pimandro99

« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2013, 11:06:13 PM »
I resolved no problems.
I changed the .conf file adding rpcport and port.
I created a new port with the name " Mining " in my firewall properties ( it is in italian but it's easy to read ):

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5361/schermo11.jpg

The prompt command give me this:

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5652/schermo12.jpg

I found my router and i setted up in this way:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/4830/schermo8.jpg

Trying to start the wallet I had these error message:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8172/schermo9.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9153/schermo10.jpg

The p2pool doesn't begin to work.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:09:13 PM by pimandro99 »

Offline LinuxNoob

« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2013, 11:13:32 PM »
I resolved no problems.
I changed the .conf file adding rpcport and port.
I created a new port with the name " Mining " in my firewall properties ( it is in italian but it's easy to read ):

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5361/schermo11.jpg

The prompt command give me this:

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5652/schermo12.jpg

I found my router and i setted up in this way:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/4830/schermo8.jpg

Trying to start the wallet I had these error message:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8172/schermo9.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9153/schermo10.jpg

The p2pool doesn't begin to work.

You must already have litecoin wallet up and running. That message is when your tying to run more than one instance of it.

Do you have the daemon litecoind.exe  running in the back ground? or on a other user? check your taskmanager to see if its already running and shut the program down. then restart the wallet.

as for the windows porting I would delete the litecoin entry and run the program again and allow windows to ask you if you want it to pass through the firewall and leave it like that. I never had to do all that.

You problem is with the litecoin wallet not p2pool. You just need that fixed and it will work. pretty sure.

As for those errors I have had them before but I managed through them but somehow forgotten what I did. I wish I could remember.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:24:22 PM by LinuxNoob »

Offline pimandro99

« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2013, 11:44:05 PM »
Ok Noob, there was no program executing in background.
So I restarted my laptop, opened the wallet, ran the p2pool and started the miner but....that line in the p2pool is still giving zero value.
I going to left it running for 1 hour, if no payment arrive I will activate firewall again and make an exeption for the wallet.
Another thing: I have bitcoin wallet also but it works well, I mean I receive payment ( not from mining ) with no problem
even with firewall shutted down.

Offline LinuxNoob

« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2013, 11:51:51 PM »
Ok Noob, there was no program executing in background.
So I restarted my laptop, opened the wallet, ran the p2pool and started the miner but....that line in the p2pool is still giving zero value.
I going to left it running for 1 hour, if no payment arrive I will activate firewall again and make an exeption for the wallet.
Another thing: I have bitcoin wallet also but it works well, I mean I receive payment ( not from mining ) with no problem
even with firewall shutted down.
might I suggest waiting longer like 3 hours. if its accepting shares then you got right.

Offline Hapex

« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2013, 03:21:30 AM »
First I wanted to say thank you for the helpful write up in getting the P2Pool setup. I was able to get it working first try. So again thank you.

However I do have a question, I've been mining for a couple hours now. My GPU's together on CGMiner says 1087Mh/s. Yet P2Pool stat page says Local Rate is only 200H/s or so.

I'm kind of confused why the large disparity.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 05:18:45 AM by Hapex »

Offline LinuxNoob

« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2013, 06:12:39 AM »
First I wanted to say thank you for the helpful write up in getting the P2Pool setup. I was able to get it working first try. So again thank you.

However I do have a question, I've been mining for a couple hours now. My GPU's together on CGMiner says 1087Mh/s. Yet P2Pool stat page says Local Rate is only 200H/s or so.

I'm kind of confused why the large disparity.

btw if this is your first time mining litecoins then a card that was mining at 700mhs on bitcoin mining will do about 500 to 650khs est its basically about 1000's less b/c its more processor and memory intensive. From what I read general rule of thumb is about 2 gigs of memory per card. to run smoothly and faster ram is better. Just from what I read.

edit: If its says mhs then you might not be running the scrypt option in your cgminer.conf file

Found in a help file called README.TXT located in the cgminer folder. 2.10.5-win32

--scrypt            Use the scrypt algorithm for mining (litecoin only)

SCRYPT only options:

--lookup-gap <arg>  Set GPU lookup gap for scrypt mining, comma separated
--thread-concurrency <arg> Set GPU thread concurrency for scrypt mining, comma separated

"intensity" : "14", <<<<<<< if this is not a "d" then thread concurrency needs to be set
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256", <<<<<< this needs to be 256 not 125
"kernel" : "scrypt", <<<<<< This is for litecoin

"lookup-gap" : "0",
"thread-concurrency" : "3400",
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-engine" : "0-960",
"gpu-fan" : "10-90",
"gpu-memclock" : "1255",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",
"api-port" : "4028",
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : true,
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "120",
"scrypt" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

My guess is they average out the rate of hashes over time. As I said its only a guess. For me I'm chuggin at about 200 for about close to 12 hours and my payments are slowly going up and my rate was showing correctly about after an hour.

Now as I have said many of time I'm far from an expert on this whole mining bit but p2pool payments vary from a regular pool as it depends on the blocks found. Sometime its a great deal and sometime less but the trick is to not stop.

On the original post I have a link to the wikipage that gives some advice on tweaking and explains a bit better about how to perform better.

btw I wish I was at 1000 khs and thanks for the appreciation. :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 06:48:20 AM by LinuxNoob »

Offline LinuxNoob

« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2013, 06:46:28 AM »
BTW pimandro99 get rid of avg virus bullshit and use a free one called Spybot Search & Destroy. You can buy it for more feature but I use the free one http://www.safer-networking.org/dl/

I have used it for over 10 years now. I swear by it. AVG seems to give me problems after it runs out or I cancel it and remove it. Funny how that happens

Oh and I'm Italian too. More Canadian than Italian.

The guy who makes SpybotSD is also Italian too. Gotta keep it in the family yea know?

Offline Hapex

« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2013, 12:12:27 PM »

btw if this is your first time mining litecoins then a card that was mining at 700mhs on bitcoin mining will do about 500 to 650khs est its basically about 1000's less b/c its more processor and memory intensive. From what I read general rule of thumb is about 2 gigs of memory per card. to run smoothly and faster ram is better. Just from what I read.

edit: If its says mhs then you might not be running the scrypt option in your cgminer.conf file

Found in a help file called README.TXT located in the cgminer folder. 2.10.5-win32

--scrypt            Use the scrypt algorithm for mining (litecoin only)

SCRYPT only options:

--lookup-gap <arg>  Set GPU lookup gap for scrypt mining, comma separated
--thread-concurrency <arg> Set GPU thread concurrency for scrypt mining, comma separated

"intensity" : "14", <<<<<<< if this is not a "d" then thread concurrency needs to be set
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256", <<<<<< this needs to be 256 not 125
"kernel" : "scrypt", <<<<<< This is for litecoin

"lookup-gap" : "0",
"thread-concurrency" : "3400",
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-engine" : "0-960",
"gpu-fan" : "10-90",
"gpu-memclock" : "1255",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",
"api-port" : "4028",
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : true,
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "120",
"scrypt" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

My guess is they average out the rate of hashes over time. As I said its only a guess. For me I'm chuggin at about 200 for about close to 12 hours and my payments are slowly going up and my rate was showing correctly about after an hour.

Now as I have said many of time I'm far from an expert on this whole mining bit but p2pool payments vary from a regular pool as it depends on the blocks found. Sometime its a great deal and sometime less but the trick is to not stop.

On the original post I have a link to the wikipage that gives some advice on tweaking and explains a bit better about how to perform better.

btw I wish I was at 1000 khs and thanks for the appreciation. :)

Thanks, I'm a first time miner. But I am a quick learner lol.

I'm running dual 7950's each one is getting about 525.23 Kh/s and that equals out to 1.050Mh/s Sorry about that. It was late when I made that post.

Woke up this morning started getting payments, so that's good. But the speed is still way off from what CGMiner says and what the p2pool stat's page says.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:09:48 PM by Hapex »

Offline hwin

« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2013, 01:16:30 PM »
Am I correct by understanding that the major advantage of running p2pool over connecting to a "normal" pool is that you do not have to pay a certain percentage fee?
Or does it have other advantages I miss?