Author Topic: P2pool Litecoin[Easy Step by Step Screen Captures] Win32 (Free solution)  (Read 181228 times)

Offline shyliar

Re: P2pool [Step by Step] Install with pictures [Windows]
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 07:53:06 PM »
Your very welcome.

If your going to build a rig depending what your planning I would order your pci-e riser cables on e-bay right away. You can buy them from China for next to nothing; but, they take time for shipping. If you buy them elsewhere they really increase the price.

When I built mine it just got bigger as I went along and the riser cables are what held me up.

Also download the manual of any motherboard you might want before you buy and read about the pci-e slots. Sometimes (often it seems) not all the slots will be available. I have one mother board where if I use the last slot it disables all the x1 slots. I struggled with that one until I read the manual.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 08:05:54 PM by shyliar »

Offline bitwish

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 09:07:43 PM »
Your very welcome.

If your going to build a rig depending what your planning I would order your pci-e riser cables on e-bay right away. You can buy them from China for next to nothing; but, they take time for shipping. If you buy them elsewhere they really increase the price.

When I built mine it just got bigger as I went along and the riser cables are what held me up.

Also download the manual of any motherboard you might want before you buy and read about the pci-e slots. Sometimes (often it seems) not all the slots will be available. I have one mother board where if I use the last slot it disables all the x1 slots. I struggled with that one until I read the manual.

Thanks, whats a decent motherboard to use? As far as cpu and memory doesnt have to be anything fance right since the GPU does all the mining? Do you recommend a linux based machine or windows?

Offline shyliar

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 12:58:43 AM »
Thanks, whats a decent motherboard to use? As far as cpu and memory doesnt have to be anything fance right since the GPU does all the mining? Do you recommend a linux based machine or windows?

Well motherboard depends on how far you want to take things. If you want just one rig with 3 cards for example I would go with:

- An inexpensive mother board with 2 x 1 slots and 1 x 16 slot (remember to pre-order extenders) don't get an intel board because you want the inexpensive processor.
- Buy the cheapest 3 core processor, when the sales person trys to mock you (in a subtle way) smile inside he's an idiot. At work I have old 2 core computers that have been running for years. It only has to be really fast if you use that speed.
- I have occassionally had problems with only 4 gig of ram. You can try buying 4 only; but don't be surprised if you need 4 more.
- When I first built my rig I was a linux virgin. I loaded Mint and had it hashing in about 4 hours. The linux version of cgminer downloaded from the GIT was not compiled for scrypt and I was lucky and found a guide showing how to compile it (that may have changed with the latest version). I do think though if your not familar with it and don't have good computer skills spend the money on windows and get hashing. Also alot of people are throwing away old computers with XP on them (and the windows sticker) I have several windows computers running with a free computer licence legally given to me when someone gave me a gift of an old computer. Linux will run off a USB if you don't want to buy a hard drive. I think microsoft has avoided allowing this; although, it might be possible with windows 8 (I do not know)
- buy good video cards (this is where you want to spend your money). I may build a rig soon with 7970s; but, feel right now they are over priced.
- with the new version of cgminer and 3 7950s I broke through 850 watts (I was at 842 watts before the new version). I have a quality 850 watt power supply and it's holding it's own. That said I would recommend a 1000 power supply single rail. Also make sure it has 6 pci-e plugs (although there are work arounds). If you decide you want 3 7970s you might want a bigger power supply (If I get around to building a new rig I will come back and edit this info).

If you see a single hardware error your configuration is to aggressive or just wrong. I run my cards slower than what others claim. My intention is that my card be hashing still this time next year. My 7950s currently hash at 530 kh/s and below 70 degrees. I can push them harder; but, will I be applying for a warranty return if I do? If I have a card fail before that year is up I will come back and edit this post.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:06:17 AM by shyliar »

Offline bitwish

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 01:15:03 AM »
shyliar you have a pm

Offline shyliar

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2013, 01:36:52 AM »
This is a very good guide for compiling cgminer in linux mint. This guide helped me a complete linux virgin get up and running in 4 hours. Again if your not 100 percent comfortable with trying new things just stay with windows.

http://www.distrogeeks.com/install-cgminer-latest-ubuntu/

It has one flaw though and it does not include the part that enables scrypt. If you look at step 25 you'll see it shows scrypt as being diabled.

Going by memory I typed in

./configure --enable-scrypt (I found this info on someother random site showing how to compile for fgpa units)

then ran step 25 again and it showed scrypt as being enabled so I think if you run ./configure --enable-scrypt in between step 24 and 25 you'll end up with a compiled for scrypt version of cgminer.

Note: I did load Ubuntu as well. I just liked the initial feel and look of Mint better. Frankly Ununtu looked like a child had designed the front end while Mint looked great. Behind the scenes both are most likely virtually identical.

Second Note: With my new motherboard LinuxMint did not recognize the network card. That was my biggest issue because I had to go upstairs and get on another computer and download the newest beta drivers (and I found them on the wireless driver site) for network cards. I think the Linux developers would do themselves a favour by providing an additional link to download these drivers at the front end when people download linux. It must be discouraging to someone loading linux the first time to have no internet access after installing.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:26:56 PM by shyliar »

Offline youdabossman

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2013, 02:57:18 PM »
is their way to add several rigs on your network so you can compile your hash rate or?

Offline Carnth

• Elite Member
  • Litecoin Association
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2013, 05:48:35 PM »
is their way to add several rigs on your network so you can compile your hash rate or?

Yes. Just note the IP address of the machine running P2Pool. Let's say that it is  192.168.1.12

Just point all your miners to that address instead, like this:

--threads 2 --scantime 4 --url http://192.168.1.12:9327/ --userpass user:pass

Done.

Offline youdabossman

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2013, 02:38:36 AM »
i apologize for my ignorance i should have read thank you

Offline youdabossman

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2013, 04:04:09 AM »
okay i am having trouble. so i set up my new rig installed drivers,and GUI miner

set them up with my IP address found on router site. and no dice, also tried localhost and my IP. having trouble any advice thanks?

Offline shyliar

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2013, 11:44:22 AM »
okay i am having trouble. so i set up my new rig installed drivers,and GUI miner

set them up with my IP address found on router site. and no dice, also tried localhost and my IP. having trouble any advice thanks?

Please provide configuration files for wallet and rigs.

Offline youdabossman

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2013, 08:28:25 PM »
Please provide configuration files for wallet and rigs.

ok this computer has no problems never has. this is main computer with a 7970

i built a rig with 2x6950. using guiminer i am able to get it to mine to pools but when trying to go to p2pool ill put this rigs IP ( given from router) and either 3334/ or 9327 both don't work and i am at a lost

Offline shyliar

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2013, 02:45:14 AM »
You really need to post more information for me to be able to help. For example the configuration files I asked for might be a good start.

Are you using windows? And if so did you make both computers part of a home network? This may or may not be required; but would be good practice.

Offline youdabossman

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2013, 02:46:20 AM »
yeah both connected to router via e-cords. allowed network inferface, and got it set just won't mine on other rig. i tried installing p2pool and redirecting still no beuno. should i just set it up like in this post and it will bunch together?

Offline LinuxNoob

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2013, 06:04:33 PM »
i done almost all steps, but when i am doing the number 5 when i am applying for the changes it give me an error message.  error with the sortcut. make sure that the path and file name are correct...
what i am doing wrong please help me

I know this is an old question. My internet was down for two weeks. I'm pretty sure you have figured it out by now. However if you read carefully #5 it does say to add --net litecoin user password to the end of what was already there. Make sure you do not delete anything that is already in the target box.

Offline pimandro99

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2013, 12:42:36 PM »
Please help !
I followed exactly all the instructions in the guide and I arrived at the point of the first running of p2pool.
I left it loading the shares for 12 hours and now it is still like this:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6531/schermoo.jpg

It loaded no shares. Going to the page 127.0.0.1:9327/static/ I visualize these data:

Version: 11.2

Pool rate: 135MH/s (17% DOA+orphan) Share difficulty: 0.269

Node uptime: 0.002 days Peers: 6 out, 0 in

Local rate: 0.00H/s (NaN% DOA) Expected time to share: NaN hours

Shares: 0 total (0 orphaned, 0 dead) Efficiency: ???

Payout if a block were found NOW: 0 LTC to LKYdeCKKPcswbXF1Sd8bu6Cp2dXUappSsd. Expected after mining for 24 hours: 0.00 LTC per block.

Current block value: 51.405 LTC Expected time to block: 1.35 hours

I think there is a kind of error. Please help me, I'm really in a dead end. My laptop is going to melt.
For your knowledge I tell you I have an ATI Radeon XPRESS 1100.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:01:19 PM by pimandro99 »