Author Topic: P2pool Litecoin[Easy Step by Step Screen Captures] Win32 (Free solution)  (Read 176101 times)

Offline shyliar

Re: P2pool [Step by Step] Install with pictures [Windows]
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 05:08:01 PM »
"--net litecoin user password" no quote marks (make sure if you were cutting and pasting from step 5).

When you add --net litecoin user password into the target area make sure there is a space between the end of the file name and the
--net litecoin user password.

e.g.

C:\mining\p2pool\run_p2pool.exe --net litecoin user password

Where C:\mining\p2pool\run_p2pool.exe is your local path left exactly as it is in your shortcut.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:28:05 PM by shyliar »

Offline john_nalpa

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 12:25:10 AM »
I done this my friend as you say but the ones again it comes the same error. I am really in a dead end with that... i am doing all the steps as the guide say but I can not mine...

Offline shyliar

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 01:46:20 AM »
Okay your not done yet. Make a anyname.bat file and run that.

C:\mining\p2pool\run_p2pool.exe --net litecoin user password

Put it in the same directory as the software and open the software using the *.bat file.

Offline bitwish

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 02:35:41 AM »
Guys I am pretty sure I have mine up and running. How long before I should see transactions in my wallet?

Offline shyliar

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 11:28:16 AM »
Initially you'll see a little when the first block is found. The amount will increase each time a block is found over a period of about 12 to 24 hours depending on luck that day. After that you'll get about the same amount +/- 15 percent everytime a block is found. You can monitor stats and it tells you how much to expect when that block is found.

If you stop mining you'll continue receiving funds for 12 to 24 hours.

And welcome to the pool....I think we will break 100000 k/h soon.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 11:31:14 AM by shyliar »

Offline bitwish

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 02:40:19 PM »
Thank you ... totally new to this I am running really old hardware just a old cpu. I am in the process of trying to decide what gpu to purchase to help improve the speed. Any recommendations?

Offline shyliar

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 03:02:42 PM »
Yes I like the 7950 and have 3 MSIs.

Not sure what part of the world your in; but, avoid the 6950s on sell at tigerdirect right now. The VisionTech....defective card.

Offline bitwish

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 04:09:49 PM »
Great thanks what mb are you using?

Offline Aahzman

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 04:25:10 PM »
Thanks a ton for this guide. I was hitting some kinda mental wall getting Litecoin mining going (that i didn't hit with bitcoin mining!), so this helped a lot.

Mining on my 6-core AMD cpu right now, but I thought i read that i can use the same GPU hardware that i'm currently mining BTC on to mine LTC at the same time?

How would I go about that?

Offline shyliar

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 05:00:11 PM »
You can't mine both at the same time with your GPU as far as I know (although it might be a fun experiment to try running two instances of miner software at very low intensity to see if it can. I know if i accidently run my executable file twice with the same configuration that seems to work; but, one instance will be at a very slow hash rate).

You may have read that you can be mining bitcoin with your GPU and meanwhile be using your CPU for litecoin mining (Which it sounds like your doing right now anyhow).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:08:37 PM by shyliar »

Offline bitwish

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 05:33:22 PM »
So far:
Version: 11.2

Pool rate: 83.3MH/s (14% DOA+orphan) Share difficulty: 0.166

Node uptime: 0.645 days Peers: 6 out, 0 in

Local rate: 19.0kH/s (1.7% DOA) Expected time to share: 10.4 hours

Shares: 0 total (0 orphaned, 0 dead) Efficiency: ???

Payout if a block were found NOW: 0 LTC to LiKg3iXeSiTNTTn4KE6nN3pK5etUh1p886. Expected after mining for 24 hours: 0.0114 LTC per block.

Current block value: 50.4 LTC Expected time to block: 1.12 hours

So blocks have been found since I started. Do you have to be mining for 24hrs before you see any transactions?

Offline Aahzman

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2013, 05:52:59 PM »
You can't mine both at the same time with your GPU as far as I know (although it might be a fun experiment to try running two instances of miner software at very low intensity to see if it can. I know if i accidently run my executable file twice with the same configuration that seems to work; but, one instance will be at a very slow hash rate).

You may have read that you can be mining bitcoin with your GPU and meanwhile be using your CPU for litecoin mining (Which it sounds like your doing right now anyhow).

Ah, that was probably it.  I should probably switch to LTC mining on my GPU anyway, since I'm down to makin about a bit-nickel every 38 hours.... It's possible to do both CPU and GPU mining on the same pool for LTC at the same time, I'm guessing?

Offline shyliar

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013, 05:58:35 PM »
So far:
Version: 11.2

Pool rate: 83.3MH/s (14% DOA+orphan) Share difficulty: 0.166

Node uptime: 0.645 days Peers: 6 out, 0 in

Local rate: 19.0kH/s (1.7% DOA) Expected time to share: 10.4 hours

Shares: 0 total (0 orphaned, 0 dead) Efficiency: ???

Payout if a block were found NOW: 0 LTC to LiKg3iXeSiTNTTn4KE6nN3pK5etUh1p886. Expected after mining for 24 hours: 0.0114 LTC per block.

Current block value: 50.4 LTC Expected time to block: 1.12 hours

So blocks have been found since I started. Do you have to be mining for 24hrs before you see any transactions?

No....but your hash rate is on the slower side and typically based on above you'll take 10.4 hours to find a share. That means some days you might not find any and somedays you might find 4 or more.

That said based on current difficulty you'll average out to 0.0114 LTC per block and the pool at the moment is expected to average out to one block every 1.12 hours (sometimes it will get 3 or 4 in an hour sometimes you don't see any for 7 or more hours).

So your expected payout should be 24/1.12*0.0114=0.24428571 every 24 hours. Because your hash rate is low some days you will not see that and somedays you'll see 3 or 4 times as much. That works out to 7.32122923 per month or $4.06 US at current price.

Right now it shows 0 shares. Nothing will show up until you receive at least one share and that share will stay in the system earning you coin for multiple upcoming blocks. Your due a share (you've mined for more than 10.4 hours) and hopefully will see one soon. Shares are hard to get in p2pool; but worth more as a result.

The great news is it's working and if you get a 7950 for example you'll be pulling in $92 a month (depending how hard you want to push your card). Minus electrical costs.

Because of market fluctuations and difficulty changes these numbers change constantly; but, in the long run if litecoin takes off you'll do alright.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 07:33:57 PM by shyliar »

Offline shyliar

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 06:04:07 PM »
Ah, that was probably it.  I should probably switch to LTC mining on my GPU anyway, since I'm down to makin about a bit-nickel every 38 hours.... It's possible to do both CPU and GPU mining on the same pool for LTC at the same time, I'm guessing?

Yes....although if you run the CPU at 100 percent I've read it slows the GPU down. I do run my cpu's up to 50 percent along with the GPUs on my daily use computers. With my rigs for mining only I'm using the cheapest CPUs I can find and I don't use them to mine at all.

Offline bitwish

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 07:36:22 PM »
shyliar - thank you so much that makes sense. I am going to try to build a decent rig and see what happens.