Author Topic: First community project task  (Read 5038 times)

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
First community project task
« on: January 28, 2014, 01:30:36 AM »
I need someone, or a group of people, to contact this website owner and find out details of his site. Is this something he does in his spare time? Is he a registered user here? Is he willing to keep this site up to date and possibly be used as a great reference for a all encompassing area to find out about everything LTC related?

This guy has put some effort into this and I would love to see something like this grow. So who's up for the challenge?  :D

http://weuselitecoins.com/

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
Re: First community project task
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 07:05:48 AM »
There is also this site http://uselitecoin.com/ , do anyone know the owners?. Either way we need to make sure these two site are fully updated as well as coinmap.org.

Offline straya

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 10:17:21 AM »
I need someone, or a group of people, to contact this website owner and find out details of his site. Is this something he does in his spare time? Is he a registered user here? Is he willing to keep this site up to date and possibly be used as a great reference for a all encompassing area to find out about everything LTC related?

This guy has put some effort into this and I would love to see something like this grow. So who's up for the challenge?  :D

This would be the guy I think :) https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=4252.msg29811#msg29811

Offline ThomasFX

• Litecoin Enthusiast
    • Litecoin
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 10:19:04 AM »
There is also this site http://uselitecoin.com/ , do anyone know the owners?. Either way we need to make sure these two site are fully updated as well as coinmap.org.

I had an e-mail conversation with the owner, he is a Dutch speaking guy.
Will check if I can find our convo and get in touch with him about this.

What about a Litecoin Assocation e-mail address to make this more legit?

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 04:27:06 PM »
Good stuff, thanks for the other links guys!

Who wants to start a dialog with these site owners? I think their pages are really good resources.

Straya you want to take this?

Offline straya

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 10:03:52 PM »
Np I have already sent an email. I will try and contact via bitcoin talk

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 12:26:25 AM »

I had an e-mail conversation with the owner, he is a Dutch speaking guy.
Will check if I can find our convo and get in touch with him about this.

What about a Litecoin Assocation e-mail address to make this more legit?

An address is something you/we need to talk to Carnth about. But im sure you could point him to this board and mention what we do (I made a decent mission statement).

Np I have already sent an email. I will try and contact via bitcoin talk

Awesome! let us know how that goes (both you and ThomasFX :) )

Offline loriencfau

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 03:34:56 PM »

Hey guys!

I'm the curator of WuLTC, and I do it all in my spare time, a couple hours on Saturday.  I update it every weekend!  That said, I'm probably at the limit of what I can scale up to individually, and would be happy to discuss a more concerted effort.  Let's talk it through here.

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 03:52:26 PM »

Hey guys!

I'm the curator of WuLTC, and I do it all in my spare time, a couple hours on Saturday.  I update it every weekend!  That said, I'm probably at the limit of what I can scale up to individually, and would be happy to discuss a more concerted effort.  Let's talk it through here.

Hi loriencfau!

First I want to say, great website, i really like it! I'm glad you stopped by and posted to let us know you are still around and updating your website. I dont know how the litecoin association feels about it, but I personally think its a great reference for all types of information that we have here on the forums and personally would love to see it listed on the main litecoin site (litecoin.org).

Can you explain what you mean by "scale up individually"? Do you mean that trying to update the information is too much for you to handle with just some spare time on weekends?

Offline loriencfau

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 04:15:50 PM »

Hey guys!

Hi loriencfau!

First I want to say, great website, i really like it! I'm glad you stopped by and posted to let us know you are still around and updating your website. I dont know how the litecoin association feels about it, but I personally think its a great reference for all types of information that we have here on the forums and personally would love to see it listed on the main litecoin site (litecoin.org).

Can you explain what you mean by "scale up individually"? Do you mean that trying to update the information is too much for you to handle with just some spare time on weekends?

Precisely.  When I started this project during the summer of last year, the LTC world was still pretty small.  It's obviously grown a fair amount in the past year, and I've found myself with stacks of additions each week (which is a good thing).  It's not unmanageable now, but it is growing consistently!

I believe in the community, and have had a number of great interactions with site owners across the world.  I currently provide all site owners with free community banner ads for their individual site and plan on continuing that program moving forward.  I rotate those community ads with the Google and Coin.url ads, which currently pay for the servers every month.

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 04:35:41 PM »
This sounds like maybe you need another webmaster to help you with keeping the site updated?

Offline loriencfau

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 04:50:15 PM »
This sounds like maybe you need another webmaster to help you with keeping the site updated?

In the near future, that's likely.

That said, is there something we should be doing now?  I spoke with Carnth last year and they were looking for someone to put together marketing material.  Does anyone know if that happened?  I got busy and wasn't able to throw in, but I know they had that need.

What steps should we be talking in the immediate future?

Offline loriencfau

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 04:51:40 PM »

That said, is there something we should be doing now?  I spoke with Carnth last year and they were looking for someone to put together marketing material.  Does anyone know if that happened?  I got busy and wasn't able to throw in, but I know they had that need.

"They" being the Association, natch'.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:02:20 PM by loriencfau »

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 05:33:15 PM »

We should talk to Carnth and get his input, I am unaware of anything you talked to him about last year. I'll get him to read this thread and give his thoughts. Thanks :)

Offline loriencfau

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 05:39:48 PM »

We should talk to Carnth and get his input, I am unaware of anything you talked to him about last year. I'll get him to read this thread and give his thoughts. Thanks :)

I'll be about.

Cheers for reaching out to me, too--I appreciate our community's level of involvement.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 09:20:05 PM by loriencfau »