Author Topic: Litecoin Wallet for Android  (Read 165985 times)

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
Re: Litecoin Android 2014 Fund
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2014, 06:10:56 AM »
I forgot to mention you can import private keys into the wallet by using the Scan feature on the main wallet page that shows the transaction list.  I just tried it with liteaddress.org and it worked fine.  It sets the creation time to NOW (meaning no rescan takes place), but I may add a feature soon to ask for the block height where the address first appeared.  This could simply be recorded with the paper wallet.

This was really needed , Thanks Hank.

Offline staffnsnake

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2014, 12:16:31 AM »
1LTC sent.

Date: 14/01/2014 11:13
To: 2014 Android LTC wallet fund LPwViUHsXXKWp65ZxVqag7B3wmbmo4Zfd2
Debit: -1.00 LTC
Transaction fee: -0.0000001 LTC
Net amount: -1.0000001 LTC
Transaction ID: 6e9908e4973ec17d856cc4bfa1ade449b42f6c742cb2b8b8017356944490ff6d

Offline warren

• Litecoin Dev Team
  • Linux Software Engineer
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2014, 01:09:04 AM »
Please join us in Freenode channel #litecoin-dev.  We need people to do some testing on Android.  If the testing goes well then the app can go directly on the Play store instead of the hidden alpha channel.

Offline staffnsnake

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2014, 01:43:42 AM »
Sorry, as a linux noob I don't know how to join you at "Freenode channel #litecoin-dev".

What does that mean exactly? Otherwise keen to participate in beta testing with Nexus 7 (2013) running KitKat.

Offline warren

• Litecoin Dev Team
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2014, 01:49:56 AM »
    • I'm not at all an expert but I think we must be inspired by Blockchain.info-Bitcoin Wallet which is very good (for BTC) ...
      For exemple, the transaction summary is perfect for Blockchain-BTC Wallet : you can check fee, confirmations number, you can add a note to remember details about transaction , you see the coins value during transaction and later (now and then) when you check transaction summary...
    See Blockchain.info-Bitcoin Wallet screencapture below

Thank you for supporting our new Android developer!

Regarding Blockchain.info, their app is able to be very fast in querying additional information like this because it relies on their massive database.  The entire point of the Android Litecoin wallet is to operate without reliance on any external services.  In theory it is supposed to better protect your privacy (although there are other problems in upstream bitcoinj and Bitcoin Core that they need to fix to improve the privacy thing with respect to SPV wallets).

Offline hank

• Litecoin Java Dev
      • Joint Security Area
    « Reply #65 on: January 14, 2014, 04:34:16 AM »
    There's a new version of the app, but it's still updating in the Play Alpha channel.  If you want the signed APK to install manually, it's here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!5JlXABiT!YTV6AAxTcLzB-hKmeY6XSGo_bIkDfzItrOUT0SDWSx4

Offline anarcoin

• Litecoin Association Member
    « Reply #66 on: January 15, 2014, 09:58:05 PM »
    Is it possible to sweep a paper wallet with the android wallet?

I think that would be really great! Because I back up all my coins on a lot of paper wallets and when I need some spending money I would love to import the keys onto my phone so I can spend them.

EDIT> I just read Hanks post and he mentions developing this feature. WOO HOO!
    « Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:53:59 PM by anarcoin »

Offline whyme

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2014, 01:12:16 AM »
    There's a new version of the app, but it's still updating in the Play Alpha channel.  If you want the signed APK to install manually, it's here:

hank,your Chinese friend find a bug.buy i dont konw how to upload the pic in this web.could you tell me your email?the bug is about display QR.The QR display bitcoin,it is wrong!

Offline hank

• Litecoin Java Dev
      • Joint Security Area
    « Reply #68 on: January 16, 2014, 03:02:15 AM »

hank,your Chinese friend find a bug.buy i dont konw how to upload the pic in this web.could you tell me your email?the bug is about display QR.The QR display bitcoin,it is wrong!

Thank you very much for the bug report!  This is fixed in 3.29.3 and has been pushed to the Alpha channel of the app store.  Please verify it works in a couple hours (once it updates).

I think this might be the last patch necessary.  Once there's a little more testing, we're going to push both apps out (OLD and NEW) to production.

Offline quakefiend420

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2014, 04:06:46 AM »
    Just sent 2 LTC, TXID: 84d146e29234a28f41faaad17412a62de16a30a846feab6aafd3302d32b469c9

An Androind wallet is super important!  Now I'm off to find the other projects that we have going on this year to donate a bit there too...don't be stingy guys! :)

Offline warren

• Litecoin Dev Team
    « Reply #70 on: January 16, 2014, 04:50:47 AM »
    Hank pushed version 3.29.3 to the Google Play Alpha channel.  He wants a few more days of testing then both the new and old apps with data migration guidance will be pushed to production.  All donations to the  Litecoin Android 2014 Fund are managed by Hank who is in charge of Litecoin's Java related efforts.  If other people join in Litecoin Java development he can choose to tip them from that fund.  Warren's role is primarily on the reference client but he will continue to help with the java-related issues as needed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AnlrnfU-U6E-dHBnYjhkZVdrZXVUTl94S2ROVGFUSlE&output=html
    4.24543209999999 LTC remains in the matching donation challenge.  LiteGuardian is kicking in 50 LTC when the community meets the challenge amount.

Offline hank

• Litecoin Java Dev
      • Joint Security Area
    « Reply #71 on: January 16, 2014, 05:04:12 AM »
    Thanks quakefiend420!  Now we only have

2.2454321 LTC

Remaining to reach our goal!

Thanks, Warren for updating everyone.  If there is anyone who has Java/Android experience that would like to help with the app or with other Java products for Litecoin (like Multibit), let me know and we might be able to work something out.  I'm going to be mostly focused on Android, but I have limited time to work on this (as I have a full-time day job).  Over the next couple months I'll try to add some of the features people want, such as better paper wallet / private key management.  There are definitely some issues that need to be worked out with bitcoinj upstream before some things are possible, so I'll be working a bit with that team to sort some of that out.

Offline CryptoDude

• nothing real can be threatened
    « Reply #72 on: January 16, 2014, 05:32:49 AM »
    Just sent another 7.5 LTC. Keep up the great work!!!

Offline quakefiend420

« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2014, 06:39:00 AM »

And we're there! :)

Offline LiteGuardian

• Donator
      • LiteGuardian
    « Reply #74 on: January 16, 2014, 10:46:08 PM »

And we're there! :)

Great job community on filling LiteGuardian's matching challenge! 

LiteGuardian has just sent the matching 50LTC to the dev fund!

Thanks to all those who contributed.   ;D

[ltc] [ltc] [ltc]