Author Topic: Litecoin Wallet for Android  (Read 181301 times)

Offline KC82

Re: Litecoin Android 2014 Fund
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2014, 01:00:31 PM »
I have found a bug that I can reproduce consistently. I have submitted a report using the app.

Basically when I have the edit screen open on on address in my address book, or when adding a new address, I can rotate my phone and instead of rotating the screen the app crashes.

I'm making a small donation to the dev fund because I love this app but I don't really have a lot of LTC. Keep up the good work!

Offline hank

• Litecoin Java Dev
    • Joint Security Area
« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2014, 02:48:48 AM »

Offline hank

• Litecoin Java Dev
    • Joint Security Area
« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2014, 02:49:52 AM »
I have found a bug that I can reproduce consistently. I have submitted a report using the app.

Basically when I have the edit screen open on on address in my address book, or when adding a new address, I can rotate my phone and instead of rotating the screen the app crashes.

I'm making a small donation to the dev fund because I love this app but I don't really have a lot of LTC. Keep up the good work!

Thanks!  I'll try to reproduce and possibly fix this tonight.

Offline nogreedy

• Litecoin : The official moon currency
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2014, 01:11:40 PM »
Now, I haven't access to fiat exchange rates (only USD in fact) and I need € ...
Have you the same problem?
V. 3.30.2

Offline MannyEric

« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2014, 02:13:32 PM »

Offline Otoh

« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2014, 05:07:54 PM »

I have a couple of coins on the old app, I'm prety sure that I backed the wallet up somewhere but not sure how that works or where it is, I was going to send the coins somewhere else while I installed the new wallet & then tried to import the old keys but the old wallet just crashes now every time I try to open it, should I just install the new wallet & hope that it can import the old wallet's keys from where ever my phone saved them to?
The new wallet should be able to import old backups.  If it does not, I'd be happy to help you recover the keys from the backups.  Let me know if you need assistance.

Many thanks for the offer, I've updated the wallet (to what I assume is the new version - I didn't uninstall the old one) & it just crashes when I try to open it, though it does still briefly show the couple of coins that were in it, should I uninstall & start again?

Offline hank

• Litecoin Java Dev
    • Joint Security Area
« Reply #156 on: January 31, 2014, 03:28:39 AM »

I have a couple of coins on the old app, I'm prety sure that I backed the wallet up somewhere but not sure how that works or where it is, I was going to send the coins somewhere else while I installed the new wallet & then tried to import the old keys but the old wallet just crashes now every time I try to open it, should I just install the new wallet & hope that it can import the old wallet's keys from where ever my phone saved them to?
The new wallet should be able to import old backups.  If it does not, I'd be happy to help you recover the keys from the backups.  Let me know if you need assistance.

Many thanks for the offer, I've updated the wallet (to what I assume is the new version - I didn't uninstall the old one) & it just crashes when I try to open it, though it does still briefly show the couple of coins that were in it, should I uninstall & start again?
What kind of device?  If it's a Galaxy Note, I think I found the crashes in Google Play.  I'll probably work on this bug over the weekend.

Offline hank

• Litecoin Java Dev
    • Joint Security Area
« Reply #157 on: January 31, 2014, 03:30:54 AM »
Now, I haven't access to fiat exchange rates (only USD in fact) and I need € ...
Have you the same problem?
V. 3.30.2
https://github.com/Litecoin-Java/bitcoin-wallet/issues/29
Apparently, Yahoo's API is inaccessible for some people occasionally.  I have no idea why this would be, but we're planning on adding some other data sources.  Perhaps I can at least get Euros in the mean time from BTC-E.

Offline whyme

« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2014, 04:40:20 AM »
Yay it's on BlackBerry!

BlackBerry users, please try it.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/46329888/?lang=en&countrycode=US&CPID=KNC-kw631619_p6#

Hank,pls let the app on litecoin.org homepage,and pls add mobile wallet/blockchain/pool/donations on homepage as well as any function that you think is needed for user. Thank you.

Offline whyme

« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2014, 04:59:00 AM »
Yay it's on BlackBerry!

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/46329888/?lang=en&countrycode=US&CPID=KNC-kw631619_p6#

i told Chinese people,thank you.
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR.

Offline hank

• Litecoin Java Dev
    • Joint Security Area
« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2014, 06:17:45 AM »
Yay it's on BlackBerry!

Hank,pls let the app on litecoin.org homepage,and pls add mobile wallet/blockchain/pool/donations on homepage as well as any function that you think is needed for user. Thank you.
Uh I don't run litecoin.org, so I have no power to do any of that.

Offline nwtrades

« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2014, 09:09:24 PM »
Yay it's on BlackBerry!

Hank, it works!

I tried pressing all the buttons to test all the features and all core features work fine.   Sending / receiving LTC works fine and fast.  Currency exchange rates are showing.  Very nice to have Litecoin on Blackberry 10!

Although it's functional, a few usability issues:
  • App seems to stay running in background somehow - I am still getting notification alerts like "Litecoin: 2 peers connected", "Litecoin: 4 peers connected", "Litecoin: 6 peers connected" even when I've closed the app.  I have vibrate turned on for notifications, so you can imagine this starts to not be so enjoyable after a while.
  • Disconnect feature does not appear to do anything.  Menu stays open and app minimizes to a tile - no visual indication of any action.  I noticed that I stopped getting notifications after closing the app right away after Disconnect so maybe it does do something but it's hard to tell for ordinary users.
  • 3rd party app (Barcode Scanner) was required to do any barcode scanning and button directs to Google Play link (broken) instead of Blackberry World link.   I manually searched and downloaded the app, but it wanted full access to every permission on my phone.  I'm not comfortable giving a strange app everything and my firstborn child - that will definitely throw off some users.  If there is a way to at all make an exception to include the same scanner as in Andreas's Bitcoin wallet - that one already scans perfect and doesn't have any hassle or need additional apps or unreasonable permissions.
  • "Data usage" button crashes if I press it in the settings panel.
Also, I noticed the app is listed as developed by "Joint Security Area" rather than "Litecoin Project" like it is on Google Play.  Not sure if this is a big deal but I thought I'd mention anyhow.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 09:17:07 PM by nwtrades »

Offline hank

• Litecoin Java Dev
    • Joint Security Area
« Reply #162 on: February 02, 2014, 06:12:55 AM »
Yay it's on BlackBerry!

Hank, it works!

I tried pressing all the buttons to test all the features and all core features work fine.   Sending / receiving LTC works fine and fast.  Currency exchange rates are showing.  Very nice to have Litecoin on Blackberry 10!

Although it's functional, a few usability issues:
  • App seems to stay running in background somehow - I am still getting notification alerts like "Litecoin: 2 peers connected", "Litecoin: 4 peers connected", "Litecoin: 6 peers connected" even when I've closed the app.  I have vibrate turned on for notifications, so you can imagine this starts to not be so enjoyable after a while.
  • Disconnect feature does not appear to do anything.  Menu stays open and app minimizes to a tile - no visual indication of any action.  I noticed that I stopped getting notifications after closing the app right away after Disconnect so maybe it does do something but it's hard to tell for ordinary users.
  • 3rd party app (Barcode Scanner) was required to do any barcode scanning and button directs to Google Play link (broken) instead of Blackberry World link.   I manually searched and downloaded the app, but it wanted full access to every permission on my phone.  I'm not comfortable giving a strange app everything and my firstborn child - that will definitely throw off some users.  If there is a way to at all make an exception to include the same scanner as in Andreas's Bitcoin wallet - that one already scans perfect and doesn't have any hassle or need additional apps or unreasonable permissions.
  • "Data usage" button crashes if I press it in the settings panel.
Also, I noticed the app is listed as developed by "Joint Security Area" rather than "Litecoin Project" like it is on Google Play.  Not sure if this is a big deal but I thought I'd mention anyhow.

Awesome thank you for the report!
With regard to each issue:
  • The app starts an Android service, and apparently for some reason updates to the number of connected peers create alerts on Blackberry.  It's possible that it might be easy to disable this.  For now, since disconnect doesn't work, I'd recommend closing the app through the Settings menu when done with it (or whatever force close BlackBerry has)
  • Disconnect should close the app and stop the service.  Perhaps it is getting rid of the service since you stop getting notifications.  Let me know if you get any notifications after doing this in the future.
  • Interesting that barcode scanner requires so many permissions.  As far as I know it doesn't on Android.  I can potentially make it an option to use the app's internal scanning, since it apparently works for a lot of people (I seem to be the exception since it never focused properly on my phone or tablet).
  • I can hide the data usage button on BlackBerry for now, and maybe add it back later if there's some way to mimic the function there

Yes, I listed the app as Joint Security Area for now since I didn't feel comfortable registering as Litecoin Project without involving more of the core litecoin devs (eg. Warren).  Perhaps he can register with all the appropriate email addresses and such like he did with Google.

Offline hank

• Litecoin Java Dev
    • Joint Security Area
« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2014, 06:36:20 AM »
Tickets created for BB10 bugs/features.

Offline hank

• Litecoin Java Dev
    • Joint Security Area
« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2014, 07:22:07 AM »
Internal Scanner option created, works, committed, will be in next release: