Author Topic: Litecoin Wallet for Android  (Read 181306 times)

Offline hank

• Litecoin Java Dev
    • Joint Security Area
Re: Litecoin Android 2014 Fund
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2014, 07:59:15 AM »
We're holding up the international release for a little while to make sure we're export compliant.  I'm almost certain we are, but I want a definitive answer to avoid any legal liability.  The app is still available in the US for the interim.

Offline HauntingShade

« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2014, 11:09:58 AM »
I'm still anxiously awaiting the official Play Store app  ;D

Will install and test it when it's available!

Offline nogreedy

• Litecoin : The official moon currency
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2014, 12:40:08 PM »
Really great job

Offline anarcoin

• Litecoin Association Member
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2014, 07:20:49 PM »
Hank,
I think it would really set us apart if we implemented something like this in the Android litecoin client.

A series of beeps get played over the air waves or podcast, Then a user can hold up the app to listen to the beeps (like you do with Shazam or soundhound)

Like an audio based QR code.

Here is an article I found where someone achieved it using chirp.io But it would be great to have something like this in the wallet app.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/cbc-kw-sends-bitcoin-over-the-airwaves-1.2503580

Offline HauntingShade

« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2014, 08:03:30 PM »
Like an audio based QR code.

That is an awesome idea! It's kinda like the old internet, where you had to hold your telephone to your computer and get an internet connection: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG9pJB_dkfA#t=173

Offline whyme

« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2014, 12:56:49 AM »
pls upload the 3.29.3 version in the mega some people wanna install app manually。
Not a problem!

wallet-3.29.3-signed-aligned.apk 3.4 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!wIkS0B6I!Ify68iEXvq4lJqvUJlnrfkiS3spmJayeGdQwqnNr3UQ

Thank you HANK,i  had  told Chiinese people who can upgrade the wallet app to 3.29.3-signed-aligned.apk.And they can download with https://mega.co.nz/#!wIkS0B6I!Ify68iEXvq4lJqvUJlnrfkiS3spmJayeGdQwqnNr3UQ

hank,many people can't download the app in their country,is the wallet-3.29.3-signed-aligned.apk in mega.co.nz  the office? or you can upload the office 3.29.3 version in the mega.

Offline nogreedy

• Litecoin : The official moon currency
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2014, 09:11:25 PM »
Really great job.
But some people are asking questions...
Can you (Warren, Hank...) answer them?
http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/1vmpdw/the_new_litecoin_wallet_in_now_live_on_the_google/

Offline nwtrades

« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2014, 11:05:25 PM »
Well, the conversion to BlackBerry 10 went fine, and it runs in the emulator like a champ!

Syncs with the blockchain rather quickly (~25 blocks a second in the emulator), confirmed a transaction I sent, backup worked.  I'm going to release this now.

Update: Waiting for BlackBerry to verify my Driver's License ...

Once they're satisfied that I am who I claim to be, it will be published.  It better happen tomorrow.

I just sent 2 LTC to the development fund - thanks again for your efforts on getting it ported to BB10!  I encourage anyone else posting feature requests to also contribute if possible.

Hank, any chance you might be able to upload a signed .APK file so I can manual install and test right away?

Offline hank

• Litecoin Java Dev
    • Joint Security Area
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2014, 12:03:47 AM »
I've tracked down the information I needed for export compliance. 

[Removed unnecessary detail]

I'll get the Blackberry version posted shortly.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 01:48:41 AM by hank »

Offline hank

• Litecoin Java Dev
    • Joint Security Area
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2014, 12:23:35 AM »
This email acknowledges the submission of the product named: 'Litecoin Wallet' and 1 new release(s) for the product.

Another email will be sent as soon as any updates are made in the approval process.

Sincerely,
The BlackBerry Team

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2014, 06:26:56 AM »
App works great but how do I shut It down ? If I back out of it It says I'm still connected to peer on the top .

Offline warren

• Litecoin Dev Team
  • Linux Software Engineer
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2014, 07:05:03 AM »
App works great but how do I shut It down ? If I back out of it It says I'm still connected to peer on the top .

Within the app Menu > Disconnect shuts down the app entirely until you run it again.

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2014, 07:13:21 AM »

Within the app Menu > Disconnect shuts down the app entirely until you run it again.

thanks Warren that worked , perhaps renaming it to "Quit" would be easier for noobs to understand.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 09:29:01 AM by Bossman »

Offline Giga

« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2014, 10:09:22 AM »

thanks Warren that worked , perhaps renaming it to "Quit" would be easier for noobs to understand.

+1 , most ppl i know using android wallet told me the "disconnect" thing is confusing from an end user perspective

Offline warren

• Litecoin Dev Team
  • Linux Software Engineer
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2014, 10:21:31 AM »

+1 , most ppl i know using android wallet told me the "disconnect" thing is confusing from an end user perspective

It can be renamed.  Only trouble is correcting all of the translations.  Our translations are currently copied from the Bitcoin app.  It would be a bit of extra work to setup a Transifex workflow for Litecoin.  In the vast majority of cases we will want people to submit translation fixes to upstream anyway, but it's difficult in these minority cases where we want to deviate from upstream's design decision to not allow quitting.